1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Ram Gopal Verma's film with SRK

Discussion in 'Movies T-Z' started by Hanoz, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Re: 'I never repeat mistakes' (RGV interview)

We've been discussing projects for years

hmm. so he was lying when he said he didnt want to work with big stars, like srk...?? ;)

2. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

what a confused but talented guy :p

3. Yummur

Yummur ~punjabi kudi~

^^ hahah exactly! but im sure whatever film they make together will be awesome

4. Cosima

Cosima SRK`s heartbeat

Re: SRK and Ram Gopal Verma to do a film

i found this update today on rediff sites

New directors: Second time lucky?

2006 will see a few directors try their luck at the box office for a second time. Some succeeded with their debuts, others weren't that lucky. Will lady luck favour them this time around?
    rediff.com takes a look at projects you can expect.

Shimit Amin

The director of Ab Tak Chappan surprised everyone by giving us a hit with Nana Patekar as the lead in 2004. The film was based on the life of Mumbai police sub-inspector Daya Nayak and his killing of gangsters in shooting encounters. In those days, Nayak was highly praised for his efforts to eliminate gangsters from Mumbai. He is now in jail.

As for Shimit, he has moved camp from Ram Gopal Varma to Yash Chopra and is likely to direct Shah Rukh Khan for the next Yash Raj film.

Apparently, Aditya Chopra heard the script and was bowled over. "All I can say at this point is that it is going to be very different in mood and texture from Ab Tak Chappan. Will it have songs and music? I don't know. It might." That is all he has to say.

Text: Syed Firdaus Ashraf

:) :) :)

5. Anisa

Anisa New Member

Thanks for sharing.

6. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

‘Yes, I’m very selfish’ - RGV about SRK

He’s not exactly Mr Popular, but Ram Gopal Varma doesn’t seem bothered. As he readies to direct Shah Rukh, even the maverick filmmaker admits — no one should mess with the SRK formula.

Chatting up RGV is always a pleasure — when you are not doubling up with laughter at his wry humour, you’re amazed at the man’s brutal honesty.

The latest buzz around town is his upcoming project which will star Shah Rukh Khan — so what sort of new look should we expect for King Khan? “We’ve been wanting to work together for a long time, then came along this story with a role I thought would fit SRK’s image just right,” he says.

Tried and tested: Does that mean he’s not planning to present SRK in the trademark Ram Gopal Varma style? “Why should I?” Ramu says quickly, “That image works for Shah Rukh and works with the people. I feel certain things should not be tampered with. I don’t think I want to tamper with the fact that he’s a superstar — it would be really foolish to do that. Shah Rukh sells and (laughing) I personally believe Asoka would have done better business if it was titled Shah Rukh Khan.”

But what is it about SRK that made RGV want to work with him? “The charm that makes SRK. The overall package that is so interesting.”

Ballsy who? And to think Shah Rukh’s good buddy Karan Johar said he was not as ‘ballsy’ as Ramu. “I don’t know about the courage factor, but we are definitely two different individuals,” laughs Ramu. “Someone asked Karan about his favourite film and he said, ‘Kabhi Kabhi’ and that’s the only Amitabh film that I hated. Now you know what I mean. I don’t know if I take risks in life, but if I am not convinced of something, I cannot make it.
    “Like in ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’, there is a scene where a child reads namaz and manages to stop a wedding. If I had to direct such a scene in my film, I would have crawled under the bed with embarrassment.I believe that these kind of things are for other people and not me, even if it sells.”

Love-hate: For a man who lives and breathes cinema, his disdain for films is surprising — especially when it comes to picking a favourite. “I have stopped liking so many of my own films as soon as I finished making them. I have never liked any film, mine or otherwise, as a whole. I like some parts and I hate other parts.

“I instinctively try new techniques in my films. Like in ‘Sarkar’, I tried close shots as much as possible. It was a huge risk to take, but I thought let me try. Thankfully, it was accepted well.”

Strictly business: Does it bother him that despite the respect he commands as a filmmaker, as a person he is often seen to be selfish and stubborn? “Yes, I am very selfish. But I never claimed otherwise,” shrugs Ramu matter-of-factly.

“That’s why most of the actors who have worked with me are upset with me. I see an actor as a character when I cast them. They get emotionally attached to me, but once the film is over, I move on. This upsets them, but I have always maintained that I am a selfish filmmaker and I will do what pleases me. I think half the industry is upset with me because of this very reason.

“And stubborn? Maybe I am, because I lack patience. Sometimes if I think the other person will be able to understand what I am saying, I will explain things. If not, I simply tell them to do what I want.” Does he generally look down on people? “I really don’t. I truly believe that everyone is unique.”

7. annous

annous New Member

thanks Pakiza

I like this man's honesty, and it will be really interesting to see what kind of film he is doing with SRK

8. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Okay, so first he says, "What is Shah Rukh Khan? Nothing without the right packaging," and now: what is it about SRK that made RGV want to work with him? “The charm that makes SRK. The overall package that is so interesting.”

I think maybe this guy should replace Shah Rukh in KANK playing a schizophrenic because he's obviously a natural.

Thanks Pakiza.:)

9. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Yucky! I really don't like this guy............ :( :( :( :( :(

10. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Mhmmm... honestly, I really don't know what to say!
    This man confused me!

Thanks for the article Pakiza!

11. shahrukhfan

shahrukhfan shahrukh&sonam

i think this movie will be completely different from other shahrukh movies.it will have shahrukh khan ina compeletly new avtaar.im really looking forward to this movie& i also hope shahrukh is paired with katrina kaif .this would be an interesting pair.

12. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thank you saniya and welcome to the planet:)
    yes no doubt it will be different movie for srk, and yet again, every movie is different for him and put him in a different and interesting role.
    katrina?? isn't she too young for him?? I could be wrong, this actually sounds interesting..

13. shahrukhfan

shahrukhfan shahrukh&sonam

yeah wafa katrina is too young for him,but when she can do film opposite salman khan whose age is same as shahrukh.i think katrina &shahrukh would be good pair:cool:

14. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Exclusive info on RGV's SRK project By Taran Adarsh, March 8, 2006 - 01:10 IST

That Ramgopal Varma has signed Shah Rukh Khan for his forthcoming venture, is well-known by now. But not many are aware of its genre. Quite expectedly, both RGV and SRK are tightlipped about the project in question, not wanting to reveal much at this stage. But it’s learnt that it’ll be a time travel film, a la TIME MACHINE. “Not the entire story, but a part of it will be on those lines,” RGV informs me.

The film-maker is gung ho about the project. “We were toying with the idea of working with one another for quite some time. And this script acted as the catalyst,” RGV reveals. The project, not titled yet, is expected to take off in August this year.

Meanwhile, RGV is thrilled with the success of RANG DE BASANTI. “The success of the film, not just in India but also in Overseas, indicates that moviegoers have done away with the formula-ridden films. The film will also encourage film-makers to try their hand at varied subjects,” he enthuses.

15. Aishagul

Aishagul Turkish Delight :p

Sounds really interesting.. I just hope it won't be dark-themed..:eek: (Who am I kidding? It is RGV!!!!:suspicious:)

Yeah yeah.. :rolleyes: I don't know why but I sense arrogance in his statements.. It's like only certain kinds (or should I say his kind :tinfoil3: ) of films are good and the rest is just rubbish.. What is with the statement: “The success of the film, not just in India but also in Overseas, indicates that moviegoers have done away with the formula-ridden films.”... It indicates nothing!!! "Formula-ridden" films - as he calls the rest- will always find audience both in India and overseas.. (Random) success of RDB does not mean that audience attitudes changed drastically..

16. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

Shah Rukh Is Unlike My Kind Of Hero :mad: :crazy:

R am Gopal Varma is back after a long intermission. Known for churning out products at regular intervals, he had been on an unintended sabbatical with no releases for a while but has five of scheduled in the next three months — Darna Zaroori Hai, Shiva, Go, Shabari and Darwaza Bandh Rakho. Here he talks about remaking James as Shiva. Why did you remake your own film James as Shiva?
    With James my intention was to recreate the magic of the intense action films of the 70s and the 80s in which Amitabh Bachchan peaked to various degrees and to a lesser extent Mithun Chakraborthy and Vinod Khanna. In the last 15 years we stopped making that kind of cinema. Eventually James wasn't made the way I had in mind, as my concentration was also on Sarkar. When I look back at my first film Shiva, there was something about cinema that attracted me so vastly. So I decided to capture all those moments from my original Shiva by going back to that state of mind with today’s setting. Your earlier Shiva was raw… Even this one is. It is almost a retro film. It has no high speed shots. When there is a punch you feel it; the expressions are real; the setting is very realistic. This time Shiva is a cop...

The original Shiva dealt with a student going into the campus. There is goondaism and the management is unable to do anything. The hero comes along and he rebels. Take the same plot and place it in the context of the Mumbai police. An idealistic man joins the police force at a time when the Mumbai police are at their worst phase — scandals, scams, underworld connections, and a constable accused of rape. The film asks, if a man sticks to his ideals, how can he counter the practicality of the police force of a big city. People who remember Shiva can see a lot of parallels. Your protégé JD Chakravarthy made Durga soon after you made Shiva. A few references were of scenes from your Shiva. Comment.
    I am not aware. I did not see Durga. You have announced several projects. What's happening to all of them?
    Immediately after this I am doing a film with Shah Rukh Khan and after that, towards the end of the year, I will be starting Sholay.
    What's the film with Shah Rukh Khan about? It is too early to give details about the film. The kind of stardom Shah Rukh has, it is foolish to take that away. I want to attempt to take the elements of what people like in him and I'd like to pitch it to a level that has not been seen before. That is going to be my attempt. How much I succeed… let's see. I am very excited because Shah Rukh is very unlike my kind of hero. I believe in macho hunks and action heroes of intensity. While something of me will rub off on to him, some of his charisma will rub off on to my film. So I think it will be an interesting mix.

17. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

this guy seems a bit confused, i agree kalee maybe he should have tried shahrukhs' role as a schyzophrenic in kank, i'm sure he would have been a natural...
    anywayz, lets wait and see exactly he has in plan for his next movie, and anywayz i'm sure shahrukhs' magic will work even for Mr ram Gopal

18. K

Lol, seriously!:p

19. K

Thanks Pakiza.:)

20. Astri

Astri New Member

Let see if the unlike his kind of hero could sell his movie.;)