1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Ram Gopal Verma's film with SRK

Discussion in 'Movies T-Z' started by Hanoz, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Hanoz

Hanoz New Member

By IndiaFM News Bureau, February 17, 2006 - 03:33 IST

It has finally happened! Shahrukh Khan and Ram Gopal Varma will soon be doing a film together. However, it isn’t the remake of Sholay, in which Varma wanted him to play Gabbar. Varma recently visited the actor on the sets Karan Johar’s film. It is too early to reveal the subject of the film. However, the duo will definitely work together.

2. Aishagul

Aishagul Turkish Delight :p

Re: SRK and Ramgopal Verma to do a film

Oh, interesting!!!! Thanks for the news Hanoz.. I sure hope they do a film together, so that I can understand what the big deal is about RGV kind of film making.. Of course, once/if SRK is in it I will look at it more openly..

Another thing: Varma wanted him to play Gabbar in Sholay?!!!:confused: OK, I like SRK playing bad guys but playing Gabbar, I am not sure..:suspicious: So I am glad they are talking about another movie..

3. Masala Maami

Masala Maami New Member

Shah Rukh says yes to...

Shah Rukh says yes to Ramu [Ram Gopal Verma]

Shah Rukh Khan and Ram Gopal Varma will finally come together for a film. And it’s definitely not going to be Ram Gopal Varma Ka Sholay. The filmmaker met Shah Rukh Khan recently on the sets of Karan Johar’s film to discuss the project. Varma, who was reluc
    tant to divulge any details, revealed, “We are planning to do a film together, but it is not going to be Sholay.” Varma and Shah Rukh Khan have in fact, been talking to each other about doing a film together for a while now, but the two never really got down to doing so.

Incidentally, this is not the first time that Varma has thought of Shah Rukh for his film. The director wanted him to play Gabbar in his Sholay. And years ago, he also had SRK in mind for his film, Company.
    When contacted, Shah Rukh told BT, “Ramu and I have been wanting to work together for a long time. Now it’s working out.”
    Shah Rukh, incidentally, is also acting in Shimit Amin’s film. The latter has worked as Varma’s assistant and has directed Ab Tak Chhappan for him.

[​IMG]

4. Poonam

Poonam New Member

Wow, this is unbelievable - after all that b.....ching RGV has done about Shah Rukh's talent. I guess he was just frustrated at being unable to get Shah Rukh into one of his films, poor chap !

Aishagul, I haven't seen any of RGV's movies but from what I've read, he's very open to radical themes and excels at dark, violent, edgy stuff. So I really wonder what he has up his sleeve for our little sweetheart !

5. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

Re: Shah Rukh says yes to...

thx alot Meh...that sounds interesting

6. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

ya poo i heard the same too abt rgv's films .. and makes me wonder what kind of story he'll get srk into

but i think it'll be very interesting to watch shah rukh in that kind of movie

7. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

:) rgv waited for him for sooooo long... he's definitely worth waiting
    and to consider the type of movies that rgv likes to do, i can't wait to watch
    thanx meh

8. annous

annous New Member

I want this to happen
    please God let it happen *crossfinger*:

9. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

we want more, they cant just tease us with this news bit:cool: but thats good news

10. srk_no1_fan

srk_no1_fan New Member

Cool. thankz for sharing.

11. annous

annous New Member

here is more.......
    glamsham.com
    Sameer Wadekar, Bollywood Trade News Network

The prospect of big shot director teaming up with an equally big time actor always succeeds in stirring hoopla of excitement. In some cases, the idea never takes off actually, ending up only being a sideshow. Getting a lot of publicity in the bargain is the only yield that surges out of the whole panorama. But there are a few instances that have resulted in a definite culmination and the outcome was just as resonant.

That is exactly what happened when Ramgopal Varma and Sanjay Leela Bhansali cast Amitabh Bachchan in SARKAR and BLACK respectively. Ashutosh coasted along with Shahrukh in SWADES amicably and it showed in the feel that the film exuded. Shahrukh is now doing the remake of DON with another young and talented director Farhan Akhtar who showed a lot of promise with DIL CHAHATA HAI and LAKHSYA. And a fresh example would be of RANG DE BASANTI that saw the coming together of the technically sound filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and Aamir Khan.

With the speculation of Mani Ratnam to do a film with Aamir Khan, another cracker of news comes following close on its heels. Superstar Shahrukh Khan has agreed to cut a movie with Ram Gopal Varma. The details regarding the film are still in the closet but in all probabilities the deal could be pretty much on. While Mani’s film would be an interpretation of the grand epic Mahabharata that is being produced by Bobby Bedi, Ramu’s project is still in the negotiation stages.

Well, Shahrukh’ gonna be in a good ‘company’ with Ramu!

12. Weda

Weda SRK's Sweetheart

Wow thats great news,

Thanks for sharing dear:)

13. SRKsham

SRKsham Well-Known Member

Hmmz.. I know that Shahrukh loves Sholay!! and he would love to play a part of it:rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing:hug:

14. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Wow!

That's sounds very interesting....

Thanks for sharing!

15. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thanks Meh and Enass.:)

This will be interesting...seeing as RGV always makes bipolar comments about his feelings for Shah Rukh...

16. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

I know rite! Didn't he say i'm not gonna work with Shahrukh for another year because of his popularity :confused:

17. K

Lol! Yea, he's like oh Shah Rukh is a star and he can't break out of that mold...and now dat foo wanna work with him?:confused: Steerange phellow!:p

18. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Hahaha steerange! Bechara is desperate to make a movie with him, cuz he knows it will work if he's in it.

19. K

Hahaha!! Egg-jactly! I want it to work for Shah Rukh of course, but I hope it shows RG who's boss!:cool:

20. Aishagul

Aishagul Turkish Delight :p

Of the many movies he was associated I have only watched Rangeela (RGV-writer&director), Dil Se (RGV-executive producer), Bhoot (RGV-director), Darna Mana Hai (RGV-producer), Ek Hasina Thi (RGV-executive producer) so far but I have read reviews of many of his movies.. not to mention many interviews.. That guy’s movies just don’t do it for me.. bar Dil Se.. and anybody can guess why I like that one.. :bounce: I agree he likes dark and edgy stuff but that does not always go with sing&song aspect of Bollywood so he does not use them in many of his movies.. Good decision, good for him.. BUT... as a result, I -a non-Asian Bollywood enthusiast- (and I am sure, many others) stay away from his movies because Hollywood is full of them.. and don’t get me started about his attitude problems..:rolleyes:

AND on top of that, we hear, earlier the guy had offered SRK the role of Gabbar Singh (originally played by Amjad Khan) for his upcoming Sholay remake.. Gabbar Singh?!!! :eek: :crazy: I wonder who he thought about for Jai (played by Amitabh Bachchan) and Viru (played by Dharmendra) characters?..:suspicious: I mean after giving SRK the role of the bad guy who else can fill in the shoes of two other central characters who are supposed to have as big a screen presence as SRK.. AND play the good guys? (Please don’t mention Aamir!!!:tinfoil3: ) Do you see what my problem is with this guy?

Still, if SRK said ‘Yes’ to him for this other movie, there must be something.. I trust SRK to make the best decision for himself as he has always done.. For example with Paheli, we witnessed the coming together of two different kinds of cinema; SRK (the producer) and Amol Palekar (the director) gave us a beautiful movie..:thumb: My only wish is that SRK&RGV collaboration produces a same/similar result..