1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Rajinikant - sp. appearance in Ra1

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by DianaDimple, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

So in other words, it's still not confirmed...

2. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Oki, I take back my words... SRK just confirmed in twitter. I'm glad, since this was Shahrukh's wish to have Rajnikant... :)

3. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

So happy to hear he finally shoots for Ra.One!:D

4. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

RaOne is finally completed! Now for the final wait...

5. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

I hope Shahrukh have few days without work before his promotiontour started!

Rayhana says thanks.
  6. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Rajini makes RA.One possible

Putting health problems aside, the superstar arrived in Mumbai to shoot with SRK. Here’s what happened

Subhash K Jha

Posted On Monday, October 03, 2011 at 03:24:37 AM

October 2, 2011, Rajinikanth returned in front of the camera. Thanks to Shah Rukh Khan. The superstar shot for Khan’s opus RA.One at Subhash Ghai’s Whistling Woods studio on Sunday. Accompanied by his daughter Soundarya, Rajini shot for the much publicised scene with Shah Rukh taking a one day break from his acting sabbatical and process of recuperation.

Though his family had earlier mentioned that the iconic south Indian star would not be travelling to Mumbai for the single shot, Rajini arrived in the city with Soundarya and a team of technicians on Sunday morning. After a brief rest, the actor headed to Ghai’s Whistling Woods studio and shot for the scene.

Bidding the superstar farewell, SRK and RA.One team headed back to the postproduction studio to put in place the scene that officially completes the RA.One shoot.

An eyewitness informed Mumbai Mirror, “Shah Rukh Khan and Rajini Sir hit it off instantly. Rajini Sir’s daughter Soundarya had brought along her team of technicians from Chennai to make sure no time was wasted. She made it clear that her father would not be able to shoot for more than a couple of hours. The shot however, was wrapped up well within the time limit.”

Shah Rukh, it seems, went out of his way to make the superstar comfortable during the shot. “They were extremely relaxed with each other. Shah Rukh made sure that the older actor was okay. It was pretty evident that Shah Rukh is a Rajinikanth fan himself.”

According to insiders, the shot is a replica of the Robot scene where the robotic Rajini turns magnetic and grabs all the metal guns. In this, however, it is Shah Rukh who tries to do the same. But the guns don’t come to him. All metallic object fly past SRK to the one man standing behind him - Rajinikanth!

Speaking about the ‘humbling, inspiring and overwhelming experience’, RA.One sound designer Resul Pookutty said, “The shooting went off like a dream. Watching Rajini Sir and SRK together was like a dream come true. This truly was a great tribute from a superstar to an icon

“The RA.One team feels the film is complete now, after Rajini Sir’s shot. Rajini Sir and Shah Rukh in one frame is historic. They were so comfortable with each other, it was hard to imagine that they had never shot together before,” added Pookutty.

However, Pookutty felt that the shoot couldn’t have happened without Soundarya’s support. “She came to Mumbai with her team to oversee every detail. But it was Rajinikanth who proved that he indeed is a superstar by flying down to Mumbai despite his health problems.

It’s not easy to do what Rajini Sir did for the RA.One team. We can’t thank him enough. If he hadn’t shot for us, RA.One would’ve remained incomplete,” concluded Pookutty.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article...1152e1e48493/Rajini-makes-RAOne-possible.html

jg2k says thanks.
  7. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

SRK tweets :
    “Misconcepts, misunderstood.stressed & then rajini sir walks on sets & u know why God made films. Thanx Soundarya for making r dream com true”.

“Ra.One completed today.Rajini sir blessed it.Have tears in my eyes of gratitude & only prayers & love for his whole family.u complete us sir”

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :dance: he is in the film confirmed by the MAN himself. Bring it on Ra.One!!

8. Rayhana

yaar I think we already have his tweet in Shahrukh's tweets and the Raone related tweets aswell. I think this thread is for the articles and their discussions :)

9. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Well I am so glad he made it (Rajini) or Ra. One would never had been done and we would of never seen it!! ;)"Rajini makes RA One Possible" such a relief!!! :eek:
    Now we can relax............knowing the movie will open. :D

Rayhana says thanks.
  10. precious_ain

precious_ain Well-Known Member

oh my wish came true :)

11. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Khan't wait! :D:D:D

12. mumbiene

Rajnikant with Shah Rukh Khan in Mumbai shoot?

October 3, 2011 – 9:12 pm By Ayyappa Prasad |
    Mumbai/ Chennai, Oct 3 (TruthDive): Sound engineer and Oscar winner Resul Pookutty confirms that Rajnikant and Shah Rukh Khan were shooting for Shahrukh Khan’s Ra One. The actor appears as robot in the film. Rajini’s daughter Aishwarya refuted the news and said that her father wasn’t shooting for RA One. The RA One team thought shooting at Whistling Woods was safer, since Ghai is an old friend of Shah Rukh’s and would ensure the shoot went off in total privacy.
    Intially Rajni was to join the team on October 4 in Hyderabad but he then thought that Oct 2 is a better day and that a Mumbai studio would be ideal for a Hindi film. Sound designer Resul Pookutty has confirmed Rajni’s visit. He said, ‘I am excited that Rajni sir will be part of Ra.One. The thought of seeing both superstars (Rajnikanth and Khan) come together in one frame is exciting.’
    Stating that they do not want to rush Rajnikanth, who is now recuperating after getting treatment for a kidney ailment, Eros International Media Managing Director Sunil Lulla said “it is a proud project for us and we don’t mind waiting to be a part of this ambitious project with Rajinikanth, as we want him to rest for some more time”.
    The statement from Mumbai-based Eros International — producers of the film — came amid reports that the production of Raana the movie was abandoned.”Hence we have decided to take the decision on the shooting dates in December 2011. The shooting of the film has been delayed as Rajinikanth became unwell, after the start of the shooting of the film,” he said.
    “We have delayed the start of the shooting, as we don’t want to rush him (Rajinikanth) to start the film shooting immediately, as the film has Rajini playing triple role and has some stunning stunt sequences,” the film’s director K S Ravikumar said. The movie would be released in Tamil, Hindi and Telugu languages and Oscar winner A R Rahman would compose music for the film.
    http://truthdive.com/2011/10/03/rajnikant-with-shah-rukh-khan-in-mumbai-shoot.html

jg2k and precious_ain thank this.
  13. iamsrking

iamsrking Well-Known Member

Shahrukh Khan breaks down
    Reshmi ARReshmi AR, TNN | Oct 4, 2011, 12.04PM IST

Nothing is impossible for the Bollywood badhshah. He is a demigod of Indian cinema with millions of fans. However, what makes him stand out is his never-say-die attitude.

Even after all the controversies surrounding his future release 'Ra.One', including one which said his film resembled 'Endhiran', the actor was unfazed. Instead of criticizing his detractors, he chose to show it with his action. Even when Kollywood is still waiting to see superstar Rajinikanth back on the screens, Shah Rukh Khan has managed to convince the star for a cameo in his film. King Khan had earlier said that 'his movie was a tribute to Rajini sir'. And now, looks like his dream of having Rajini in his movie has come true. He was so overwhelmed by the whole experience, he literally got emotional while he tweeted "Ra.One completed today. Rajini sir blessed it. Have tears in my eyes of gratitude & only prayers & love for his whole family. u complete us sir."

Well, when two superhan stars come together, expect nothing less than a blast! As if to show his gratitude he also wrote ""Misconcepts, misunderstood.stressed & then rajini sir walks on sets & u know why God made films. Thanx Soundarya for making r dream com true"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ukh-Khan-breaks-down/articleshow/10229450.cms

jg2k says thanks.
  14. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Revealed! What Rajinikanth’s Chitti does in Ra.One's Chamak Challo

Published: Tuesday, Oct 4, 2011, 14:48 IST | Updated: Tuesday, Oct 4, 2011, 14:49 IST
    Place: Mumbai | Agency: PTI

Putting aside his health issues, south superstar Rajinjikanth, shot for Shahrukh Khan's ambitious project Ra.One recently. He will be seen in the role of Chitti the robot.

Rajinikanth plays a cameo in the science-fiction film Ra.One, for which, he flew to Mumbai to shoot a scene on Sunday. Accompanied by his daughter Soundarya, Rajini took one day break from his acting sabbatical, as he is recuperating.

"Rajini sir will be seen in Chitti's avatar. He was here to shoot. It was heart-warming to see him. We were all overwhelmed," Shahrukh said.

About the scene, Shahrukh said, "When we devised it, he was unfortunately unwell, so we couldn't do it that time. It is a funny scene where G.One tries to save Kareena and his son. He is fighting with the gundas and suddenly Chitti, the robot, comes. I ask Kareena who he is, but she does not respond. There is an interesting part here."

"When I dance on 'Chamak Challo', I wear a scarf, the movement... walk and all G.One learns, adapts from Rajnikanth's character Chitti. It is a tribute to Rajini sir," he said.

Shahrukh thanked Rajinikanth's daughter Soundarya for making the shoot possible. "I am marveled at her love and professionalism. She and her team of technicians would be here for two days for editing the scene," he said.

In Shankar's science-fiction film 'Endhiran', Rajinikanth had played dual roles -- as a scientist and an android robot.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainmen...challo_1594868

jg2k says thanks.
  15. mumbiene

Rajinikanth & SRK finally shoot for Ra.One

IANS | Oct 5, 2011, 12.08AM IST
    The long-delayed moment in cinematic history finally happened when two superstars - Rajinikanth and Shah Rukh Khan - shot together for " Ra.One" at Subhash Ghai's Whistling Woods studio.

The mighty Tamil icon arrived with his younger daughter Soundarya who single-handedly made the historic scene possible. The rest of Rajinikanth's family was apparently totally against his one-day break from his sabbatical and the process of recuperation.

In fact, Rajinikanth's elder daughter Aishwarya categorically told this writer a few days ago that the super icon was not shooting for "Ra.One"!

But Rajini did arrive here Sunday with Soundarya and her team of technicians.

In the afternoon, the megastar and his team headed for Ghai's studio and shot the scene amidst an environment of incredible bonhomie.

Shah Rukh then bid goodbye to the semi-ailing Chennai God.

King Khan and his "Ra.One" team later headed straight for the studios to put the scene in place.

"Ra.One" now stands officially complete.

Sound designer Resul Pookutty took time off from post-production of "Ra.One" to describe the "humbling, inspiring, overwhelming experience" of watching the two superstars shoot together.

"The shooting went off like a dream. Watching Rajini Sir and SRK together was indeed a dream come true. The shooting went off so gracefully and with so much finesse. This is truly a great tribute from one superstar to an icon," said Resul.

"The 'Ra.One' team feels the film is complete now after Rajini Sir's shooting. Both Rajini Sir and Shah Rukh in one frame together are like wildfire! They were so comfortable together. It was hard to imagine they had never shot together before," Resul added.

Resul felt the shooting couldn't have happened without Soundrya's support.

"She came to Mumbai with her team to oversee every detail of the shooting. There is no one like Rajinikanth. He proved it when he set aside his health concerns and came to Mumbai on Sunday," Resul noted.

"The 'Ra.One' team can't thank him enough," said Resul adding: "If he had not shot for us, 'Ra.One' would've remained incomplete."

A witness said, "Shah Rukh and Rajini Sir hit it off instantaneously. It was almost like their sequence together was meant to happen."

"Shah Rukh and Rajni Sir were so comfortable with one another. Shah Rukh made the senior superstar so comfortable. There was no doubt that Shah Rukh is Rajinikanth's fan and he didn't hide it on Sunday afternoon as he faced the icon for the camera," the witness said.

Apparently the only other time when King Khan felt so humbled while shooting with a co-star was when he shot with Amitabh Bachchan for the first time, and with that other doyen of Tamil cinema - Kamal Haasan - in "Hey Ram".
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...lly-shoot-for-Ra-One/articleshow/10230080.cms

jg2k says thanks.
  16. jg2k

jg2k The.One

17. The_Truth

The_Truth New Member

MaryAnnK and jg2k thank this.
  18. Rayhana

^ sorry maybe I shouldn't bhe laughing but that is funny, thanks for posting it :lol: My comment is for the poster posted by Jg2k

19. jg2k

jg2k The.One

LOL! I love all the Rajni jokes... And am a Rajni-fan too! :D

20. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Rayhana - I think we can all laugh a little at this! It's not making fun of SRK in any way. It's just a continuation of all the amazing Rajni jokes - and as long as it's Rajni, well I can take it actually! ;)