1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Rajinikant - sp. appearance in Ra1

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by DianaDimple, Sep 15, 2011.

1. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Rajini returns for RA.One

The megastar will return to face the camera for Shah Rukh Khan’s opus. He will make a guest appearance in the superhero film

Chetan Rudrappa

Posted On Friday, September 16, 2011 at 02:03:50 AM

In his first tryst with the camera after the bout of illness, Rajinikanth will do a guest appearance for Shah Rukh Khan in RA.One.

This will be a double whammy for millions of Rajini fans around the world, who had spent sleepless nights praying for their idol, and for SRK fans, who are waiting to see the romantic star in a never-before avatar. SRK has been maintaining that the film pays a tribute to the superstar's Robot.

Rajini will shoot in Hyderabad for a sequence that has been set in his honour, said sources close to the crew. Besides the first-ever Rajni-Shah Rukh pairing, the cameo will also mark the iconic star's return to form.

However, his family maintained that full-fledged shooting will commence only from November. “Rajini has recovered. He will resume full fledged shooting from November. Till then he will be on rest,” the superstar's elder brother Satyanarayana Rao Gaekwad told this newspaper.

Sources close to the unit revealed that Rajini will shoot for the special sequence on October 4, at Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad. “In the sequence he will deliver his super-hit dialogue from the film Bhasha,” added the source.

It is learnt that the scene has been dedicated to him and doffs a hat to his stardom and stature as an actor. Elaborating on the scene, a source said, SRK who is seen fighting a gang of villains faces another threat from a gang armed with deadly weapons.

At this critical point, Rajini makes an entry, 'Rajni Style' in a car. The super powered vehicle immediately sucks up all the weapons from the villains prompting SRK to ask Kareena, who that man in the car was. That's when Rajinikanth steps out and delivers his super- hit dialogue.

The sequence was originally meant to feature a Rajini lookalike. But SRK managed to convince the superstar to do the honours. Incidentally, RA.One will be released in Tamil and Telugu as well.

Did you know?

» In July 2007, Shah Rukh Khan was signed on to play the male lead of Robot as well as be the producer for the project. In October, the same year, the deal was called off.

» Rajinikanth is not the only one playing a cameo in RA.One. Sanjay Dutt and Priyanka Chopra have also made guest appearances in the film.

» Sanjay Dutt sports a beefed up tattooed look in the superhero flick.

» Both Dutt and Chopra play G.One's (SRK's character in the film) enemies. They are unleashed upon G.One by his main enemy RA.One (played by Arjun Rampal).

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article...0357439f150a601/Rajini-returns-for-RAOne.html

MaryAnnK and Wafa thank this.
  2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Shooting for Ra.1 in October??
    Surely its finished, wrapped up and on the launchpad to mega-hitness by then! :confused2:

3. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

This is crazy. Shooting for a film 3 weeks before the release?:confused: Hope it's not true.

4. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

i highly doubt it. SRK said at the music launch that they have a small tribute to him in the film which is a totally different thing to a guest appearance by him.

this is just another case of media hearing what they want to hear and expanding on that.

i hope this news is not true. i'm still reconciling myself with the other cameos

5. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

The the promotional team is crying that "Ra. One is not similar to Robot", yet their now going to cast Rajinikanth (the star of Robot) in a guest appearance, thereby making the connection explicit! Hope this is isn't true and if it is they should keep the appearance to the tamil/telugu version of the film. There is definitely scope for his appearance, Rajinikanth is biggest Indian star in terms of raw fan following, he's considered a god in his parts and his fan will flock to see him regardless of the quality or genre of his films, once South knows about his guest appearance Im sure a majority will see the film just for that!

6. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

This sounds completely untrue. They wouldn't be shooting for a major sequence in October. Shahrukh said there will be a tribute to Rajnikant in the film and somebodys imagination started flying high...

phul says thanks.
  7. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

Media doesn't take any time to create their imaginations!
    ps - Why would they shoot for it about 3 weeks prior to the release? and convert into 3d? and get all the VFX done? No way! This news is so untrue!

phul says thanks.
  8. Devdas forever

Devdas forever Well-Known Member

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainme...ra-one-cameo-alongside-shah-rukh-khan_1587952

Rajinikanth's Ra.one cameo alongside Shah Rukh Khan

Published: Friday, Sep 16, 2011, 19:23 IST | Updated: Friday, Sep 16, 2011, 19:28 IST
    Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

In one of the biggest collaboration for Indian cinema, Telugu portal 16reels reported that the god of South Indian Cinema Rajinikanth and Bollywood's baadshah Shah Rukh Khan will first time share the big screen in the movie Ra.One.
    Rajinikanth, who will play cameo in the film, will start shooting for the film on October 4th in Hyderabad at the Ramoji Film City, sources said.
    Directed by Anubhav Sinha, Ra.One stars Kareena Kappor and Arjun Rampal besides Khan, who is the producer of the film.
    Reportedly the most expensive film in Indian cinema is a science fiction which will, according to Khan, revive the definition of superhero in Bollywood and will be released in 3D and 2D formats.
    The film is slated to release on October 26, 2011

Wafa says thanks.
  9. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

Oh god..this is the best piece of news i have read about the movie.. No wonder they r releasing the film in the telegu n tamil versions!! Now just wait n keep a watch on the ox Office!! i am quite sure its true.. YAAAAAAYY!!

10. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

so just because he might guest appear in the film it means it will be similar to Robot? there is no connection here, he's an actor and he will act/appear in many films....

11. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

Conveniently youve disregarded everything else Ive written, the fact is Ra. One is already (and always was) being compared to Robot. Without meaning to by casting Rajinikanth in a guest appearance the makers are just adding fuel to fire! Alot of people in India think Ra. One is a Robot remake/ripoff with better visuals! by casting Rajinikanth they're not going to think like you they'll just assume hes in it because indeed it is similar/rip off! Lets be honest, if Robot was not the huge success it was would SRK really put him in a guest appearance?....neither did I say the films would be similar but I did say that there would be a connection: both high in VFX, one was and the other is aiming to be the first of its kind, both have a South Asian hero in the story, both had there first look ages before the release and both at one point could have had SRK in both leads!

MeryamaSRK says thanks.
  12. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

^What is said above; spot on. I'm not warming up to the idea. Too much high risk and yes. Peeps in India are very skeptical about the similarities. Just an example: the average of edits made by anon users on wiki adding that it's Rip off/ copy and what so ever of Robot, I have to take out from the page is tiring! :p even the so called story they have made for his appearance is not really going along with the entire "international appeal" the film is aiming for :p

13. jg2k

jg2k The.One

If this is being done looking at the business perspective, it might be a very smart move...

Wafa says thanks.
  14. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I didn't conveniently disregard anything sami, it was just that part of your comment that I disagreed with and wanted to reply to. I know a lot of people in India think that RaOne is like Robot but I also know that SRK and his team denied it many times, explained and talked about publicly that RaOne is nothing like Robot. so if people are still fools and/or hard-headed to believe otherwise that's their problem, but still having rajnikanth does not make the film another robot. is robot the only movie he made?

15. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

that's exactly what it is; a business decision. It will attract more of the south indian fans, bigger market and bigger box office numbers.

16. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

people forget that Robot was first meant to be done starring SRK. he had read the script, even helped add in & change things etc. Red Chillies also held the rights to the title 'Robot'.
    but then SRK & director had some difference of opinions and then later the film went to rajnikant. also the director asked SRK for the film title 'Robot' which SRK gave.

the way i see it, SRK always had it in mind to make a superhero movie. the reason why people compare Ra.One with robot is probably becos they are both VFX/Sci-Fi films & its a new genre for indian cinema.

its like they cant believe 2 or MORE different vfx/sci-fi films can be made & exist :rolleyes:

Elahe and sonataca thank this.
  17. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

y'know everytime this topic comes up it kinda peeves me because I remember Shahrukh saying that one minute he was doing the film and the next minute he was dropped and the same for 3 idiots. He was actually really upset about it too, which is what gets me the most. what you said is true though!

18. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

^i know. basically i wrote it to prove a point. SRK KNOWS what robot film is, the script, the scenes, EVERYTHING. so therefore Ra.One will be DIFFERENT.

if anyone still didnt get that...... :rolleyes:
    keep wasting time with petty comparisons :rolleyes:

pleasant says thanks.
  19. Chamz

Chamz Well-Known Member

i hate the fact that PC-Sanjay have done a guest appearance....Now Rajinikanth:jaw: i really hope this is not true

20. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Will Rajnikanth shoot for SRK's Ra.One?
    September 19, 2011 14:59 IST

Now that Rajnikanth [ Images ] has agreed to make a guest appearance in Shah Rukh Khan's [ Images ] Ra.One, the question being asked among the two superstars' wide circle of family friends and colleagues is this: Will Rajnikanth eventually shoot as per plan in Hyderabad on October 4?
    According to reliable sources, Rajnikanth's immediate family is not kicked by the idea of the mega-star lending his presence to a film that takes its inspiration of his earlier film, Endhiran/Robot.
    Says a source, "Robot director Shankar had gone to Shah Rukh Khan with the script. Shah Rukh turned down the film and decided to produce and act in his own super-hero film. Shankar then made Robot with Rajnikanth. Rajni's family is not comfortable with the idea of Rajni lending his presence to a film that takes off from where Robot leaves off."
    Indeed, when I contacted Rajnikanth's daughter Aishwarya to ask about his proposed cameo in Ra.One, she denied it outright, saying, "Not true."
    However, Oscar-winning sound recordist Resul Pookutty, who has worked on both Robot and Ra.One, has another story to tell.
    "There's a situation in Ra.One where Rajni sir's presence is required," he says. "(Art designer) Sabu Cyril and I convinced Shah Rukh to talk to Rajni sir to convince him to do the role as using a duplicate in place of Rajni sir wouldn't look nice. So Shah Rukh called and Rajni sir agreed."
    Now it remains to be seen if the Tamil superstar finally shoots on October 4 or not.
    Subhash K Jha in Patna
    http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/will-rajnikanth-shoot-for-srks-raone/20110919.htm