1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Rahul as an anti-hero

Discussion in 'Chennai Express Member Reviews' started by Mara, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is the right place to post this on the board, but we were asked to move to the CI section, so here it is.
    The interesting thing about SRK’s anti-hero/villain is that his type is everywhere today. He’s the pampered mama’s boy (or grandma/grandpa’s boy in this case), "so sweet", who charm they way in and out of commitments. When the first real obligation of adult life is placed on them, they ditch and run off to the local adult playground with their buddies. They're complete cowards when faced with a serious challenge. Deepika has had more than her share of those types in her off screen life. Breaking hearts might not be as recognized a criminal activity as diesel smuggling, but the damage can still be significant. The message at the end about the importance of respecting a woman’s emotions is particularly powerful. I may be wrong, but it seems few stars or films have come out and made this strong a statement.

MaryAnnK, Wafa, rollercoast and 2 others thanked this.
  2. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I loved his speech about women. When I saw it I knew he was speaking from the heart not just as a character in a movie. For all who know him it was a very powerful moment.

3. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

I think it took much confidence to play a role like he did in CE, how many other stars are ready to portray a 'wimp' on screen? I think SRK is good at doing those things which no other actor will do out of sheer fear.

MaryAnnK, Xeny, Mara and 3 others thanked this.
  4. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Great analysis both Rubyroo and Mara.
    You"re quite right that Srk's approach to the action genre is rather unique and personal.

rubyroo and Mara thank this.