1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Raees

Discussion in 'Movies N-S' started by Karan#1, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I don't believe he opted out due to schedule either, but neither do I think SRK/Farhan had "a fight" or rift. I'm sure there is more to the story that we don't know. Too bad we won't see them together in the film, but I'll leave the reasons to them and focus on what matter most to me; SRK and his upcoming film.

2. Krisi_love_SRK

Krisi_love_SRK Well-Known Member

Media again do big deal about everything...Farhan will not act in movie ,but will be producer..If they are "fight" then Farhan will not be producer rigth? Really media make rubbish about everything..so stuped they are most of the time..and funny :lol:

Mara says thanks.
  3. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

delete

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    Mara says thanks.
  4. Karan#1

The media never said anything about a fight though.

It makes sense if he opts out due to date issues. The weird bit is Farhan apparently saying he was never acting in it at all in the first place (below) whilst the director said he was playing a cop. Either one of them was lying or the media made the quotes up...

"I think somebody jumped the gun. It's a film that we are producing. Shahrukh is, of course, in the film. But there's some kind of confusion about me being in it. That's not entirely true. I was asked whether I was excited to work with Shahrukh. I said yes, but I think it got misconstrued. I'm not in the film as an actor. I'm producing RAEES."
    www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/14/feb/26-news-farhan-akhtar-not-acting-in-raees-with-shahrukh-khan-021401.asp

Krisi_love_SRK and Mara thank this.
  5. Karan#1

Rumors going around that Nawazuddin Siddiqui is going to be signed for Raees. Hope so. Great actor.

SRK’s Raees Update: Nawazuddin likely to be signed

Rumors have been on an overdrive, ever since news about Farhan Akhtar’s exit from Raees has been leaked, as to who would take his place.

Speculations have been put to a stop now that sources have confirmed about Nawazuddin Siddiqui being the proposed replacement. Reports indicate that negotiations are underway with Excel Entertainment over his inclusion.

Raees has Shah Rukh Khan playing the local don. According to sources, Nawaz was the unanimous choice as he was apt for the role, which is totally based on performance. Sources reveal that though Farhan was happy with the script, the change in the schedule due to SRK’s injuries has made it impossible for him to reorganize his dates.

Sources even elaborated that with Farhan unable to adjust his dates, he had reluctantly agreed to quit as he did not want any delay in the film which he is already committed to. Raees is set to be released post-monsoon according to the film’s spokesperson.

The film with Gujarat as backdrop has Shah Rukh, the superstar playing a mafia don. Special makeup effects are expected in the film with expert makeup artistes from Hollywood being engaged for the project.

Reports have disclosed that Nawaz’s role will be a meaty one as he will be sharing prominent screen space with the superstar.

http://www.indicine.com/movies/bollywood/srks-raaes-update-nawazuddin-likely-to-be-signed/

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    nika, Mara and Krisi_love_SRK thank this.
  6. Krisi_love_SRK

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  7. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

...sigh....

8. zheni

zheni Well-Known Member

Nawazuddin Siddiqui, who will be seen alongside Shah Rukh Khan in Raees, has reportedly been asked to put on 20 kilos for the role.

ALSO READ: Nawaz replaces Farhan in SRK's film

The actor, who has replaced Farhan Akhtar — he will be seen as a cop in the film that is likely to release on Eid 2015 — has already begun working on his physique, it is said. Shah Rukh will be playing a bootlegger in this crime drama. And, the two actors will be on either side of the law.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Raees-with-Shah-Rukh/articleshow/32600761.cms

9. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

well he is a great actor powerful perfomance in gangs of wasseypur im sure he will do justice to the role but shahrukh in this role will be a pure treat

10. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

:) :bounce: :cheer2:
    "I am not doing ‘Raees’ with Shah Rukh Khan, says Katrina Kaif
    Press Trust of India | Mumbai | March 28, 2014 4:42 pm
    “I don’t know where this news has come from. There is no such discussion like that till now. There are three films ‘Bang Bang’, ‘Phantom’ and ‘Jagga Jassos’ that I am doing right now. I am in talks for two more projects which I can’t reveal,” Katrina Kaif told PTI.
    Even Rahul dismissed the report and said, “I don’t think so we have approached her. But we will surely finalise the leading lady in a couple of weeks.”

http://indianexpress.com/article/en...-raees-with-shah-rukh-khan-says-katrina-kaif/

mumbiene and Vegainko thank this.
  11. Krisi_love_SRK

Sadly for me she is not.....But Ok...will see who will be lucky this time

12. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Hoping for someone a bit more solid as an actor.

Mara says thanks.
  13. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

BnikHrxCcAENfhz.jpg large.jpg

Mara and Krisi_love_SRK thank this.
  14. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

Shah Rukh Khan will play don Abdul Latif Shaikh in Raees

Yes we bring you the exclusive news that Shah Rukh Khan is all set to play a character inspired from Gujarati don Abdul Latif in his next film Raees. You may ask how can we say that ! Right ?

Well we did some research , dug in some old archive news to find out the resemblance between the characters played by Shah Rukh Khan and Farhan Akthar in Raees and the real life characters.

Well it is a universally known news that Shahrukh Khan plays a Gujarati don – a bootlegger and Farhan Akthar plays a cop. Now we bring forth the interesting part – the strong resemblance part.

In the late 1980s, Abdul Latif was the underworld king of Gujarat. Based in Ahmedabad, politically well networked, he made a fortune in the bootlegging industry. His criminal empire in Gujarat extended from bootlegging – with which he began his career as a delivery boy in 1980 – and hawala to land deals and contract killings.

Although Latif’s main business interest was said to be bootlegging, he was also alleged to have had a hand in receiving and distributing armssmuggled into the country through villages on the western coast of Gujarat

Latif. incidentally, is seen as a modern-day Robin Hood by the underprivileged Muslims of Ahmedabad. There are numerous instances of his having given jobs to Muslim youths: he was also known to run a parallel justice system. In November 1997, Latif was killed in an encounter by the Ahmedabad police. He was under arrest and had allegedly tried to escape while using the toilet.

Another important character in the scenario was his driver, Sohrabuddin Shaikh, apparently responsible for, in one daring move, hiding a huge cache of weapons meant for terrorist groups.

Our Take

Rahul Dholakia had said in various interviews that Raees will have three lead characters and that it is inspired by the modus operandi of real life gangsters, bureaucrats, politicians and police officers, spanning the last two decades. Raes covers a gamut of related issues ranging from revenues to religion, the politics of prohibition to communalism and mafiaraaj.
    One thing which was extremely controversial about Abdul Latif is the fact that he was Dawood Ibrahim’s close pal and was a big aide in the 1993 Bombay Blasts.
    We are pretty sure that Shah Rukh won’t go in such a controversial zone regarding political nexus and bomb blasts but you can not deny the fact that most of the story of Raees will be inspired from Abdul Latif Shaikh and his close aides though some aspects of the story will obviously be fictional as we will be seeing a big huge scale commercial film not a documentary.
    One thing we can assure you is the fact that expect Raees to be one hell of a spine chilling crime thriller with kickass story which is partly non fiction and partly fiction and some superlative performances, With Inputs from Old Archives of India Today , Yahoo and IndianExpress.

www.talkingmoviez.com/exclusive-shah-rukh-khan-will-play-don-abdul-latif-shaikh-in-raees/

Mara, Krisi_love_SRK and mumbiene thank this.
  15. Krisi_love_SRK

"Latif. incidentally, is seen as a modern-day Robin Hood by the underprivileged Muslims of Ahmedabad."
    So Shahrukh will be new indian Robin Hood..? will be intersting :D

Mara says thanks.
  16. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Is Farhan Akhtar back in the film? Have I missed something or has the article just blown any credibility?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  17. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

frankly yaar i think this film is a complete mystery. i don't know what to believe anymore :lol:

Krisi_love_SRK says thanks.
  18. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

Yes, Farhan in the film. This was confirmed by Ritesh Sidhwani.

Dea, Xeny and rollercoast thank this.
  19. Krisi_love_SRK

hhahah right.:lol:..we have just to wait and will see...

Dea says thanks.
  20. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this film been waiting for a typical gunda film since ram jaane will be a treat.