1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Raees

Discussion in 'Movies N-S' started by Karan#1, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh and Farhan Akhtar’s 'Raees' to release on Eid 2015

We were the first to tell you that Farhan Akhtar and Shah Rukh Khan were doing Rahul Dholakia's next film (his earlier film was Parzania). Produced by Excel Entertainment, Ritesh Sidhwani has not only succeeded in bringing these two superstars together, but has also been the first to take the sought-after Eid 2015 slot.

Titled 'Raees', this action film is set in Gujarat and has Shah Rukh playing a bootlegger and Farhan, a policeman. It will go on the floor mid-2014.

While Shah Rukh and Farhan are the best of friends, it would be fun seeing Farhan chasing Shah Rukh in the film.

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainm...n=TOIEntertain

Very excited for this.

semsem008, TessaRose, Tash and 6 others thanked this.
  2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Has there been any confirmation from Him that this has been signed?

lauraleedooley and Mara thank this.
  3. Karan#1

In two interviews a month back or so he said he's doing this film and spoke about it last week in an interview for NDTV.

lauraleedooley, Mara and rollercoast thank this.
  4. Karan#1

5. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

It sounds like a “Don” type of chase film without Priyanka or romance. Humm……. :rolleyes:
    I’m sure it will be entertaining, but is that really using SRK’s talents to their fullest capacity? The Priyanka/SRK chemistry was the biggest appeal in the “Don” franchise- for me at least, a real emotional grabber, not the SRK as clever bad guy outsmarting everyone- which got ugly at times. I hope the script writer will come up with some romantic angle for SRK or I, for one, will be disappointed.

lauraleedooley says thanks.
  6. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Well everyone who had been wanting Shah Rukh to be a bad guy again will now get their wish. :)

7. Karan#1

Nothing to do with Don, the only similarity would be both films have SRK playing a negative character. SRK will be playing a character driven role (like he did in CDI, MNIK, Don 2 etc) so it would be utilising his acting talent very well. On the website of the director Rahul Dholakia, you can read more about what the film is based on, there's no similarity with Don at all: http://www.rahuldholakia.com/News/PDF/mumbaimirror.pdf

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  8. Karan#1

Info about the film from Rahul Dholakia's website:

Dholakia says ‘YES’ to alcohol

The Parzania director has decided to bring out the real story behind the illegal liquor trade in
    Gujarat fuelled by the Government's age-old prohibition laws
    His hard-hitting film Parzania exposed the real-life experience of a 10-year-old Parsi boy who
    disappeared during communal riots in Gujarat and won Rahul Dholakia the National Film Award.
    Sticking to his genre of filmmaking, Dholakia is gearing up to raise the bar a notch higher.

This time, Dholakia is all set to address a state-wide issue of
    prohibition of alcohol in Gujarat and how it fuels the rampant illegal
    selling and consuming of liquor.

Our source elaborated, "Rahul Dholakia is keen to make a movie on
    the prohibition of alcohol in Gujarat as this topic has been largely
    unexplored. The filmmaker has roped in two Ahmedabad-based
    journalists to write the film.

The script is packed with a decade-long research on the issue namely
    - the impact of dry laws on socio, religious and cultural ethos. From
    Gandhi to Modi, the liquor policy in the state has been consistent.

The illegal trade of liquor in Gujarat is estimated to be over 12 to
    15,000 crore, which is almost five times the state's health and
    education budget. Irrespective of the political party that comes to
    power, no leader likes to tread on this sensitive issue.

The film covers a gamut of related issues ranging from revenues to religion, the politics of
    prohibition to communalism and mafiaraaj.

The film is inspired by the modus operandi of real life gangsters, bureaucrats, politicians and
    police officers, spanning the last two decades. It will have three lead characters.

Casting is still under process though. The film will be shot in the narrow by-lanes of Gujarat and
    the seashore of Maharashtra as it has a strong link to the Bombay blasts."

When contacted, Dholakia confirmed the proceedings and added, "We are already done with
    the first draft. I am pretty excited about the film. It will go on floors very soon."

When asked why he selected this particular issue to address, Dholakia said, "It is a question
    one needs to answer. The film won't be an intellectual discussion on the subject but will be very
    entertaining.

I plan to show the entire nexus of illegal liquor business in the state, which is thriving because of
    the prohibition. In India there are many layers to such issues with the communal divide, the land
    mafia and other factors, everything is somehow related to alcohol."

http://www.rahuldholakia.com/News/PDF/mumbaimirror.pdf

9. Xeny

Xeny ❤️‍ ART

finally some serious , realistic movie, am starving for that!

lauraleedooley and rubyroo thank this.
  10. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I just hope they will be fair in dealing with the topic of prohibition, and not stop with simplistic solutions like "Say yes to alcohol". When SRK throws his star power behind something, even in a negative role, people around the world will be watching. Our Public Broadcasting System had a wonderful series on the issue called “Prohibition: A Nation of Drunkards” which was equally fair to the recreational drinker, the alcoholic, as well as the person who enjoys sobriety. One of the nicest things about the places I visited in India was the large majority of people who had other fun activities to do with their evenings besides getting drunk, brawling, and passing out.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    lauraleedooley, MaryAnnK and rubyroo thank this.
  11. Krisi_love_SRK

Krisi_love_SRK Well-Known Member

ooooo,Shahrukh will be bad guy again- awesome news...:cheer2:Well,I prefer "Don 3 ".but that is good also..I hope will be very intersting movie...I mean not only about Shahrukh ,he will be awesome I'm sure.it's about scipt..

Mara and lauraleedooley thank this.
  12. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

Both my boys in a movie together!! :faint:

13. Karan#1

Confirmation by the director:

Shahrukh, Farhan to share screen space in Dholakia's 'Raees'

Press Trust of India | Mumbai
    December 15, 2013 Last Updated at 10:25 IST

Superstar Shahrukh Khan will be playing a bootlegger and actor-turned-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar a cop in Rahul Dholakia's next movie, 'Raees'.

"Shooting for this film will begin from mid next year. Shahrukh will be playing a bootlegger and Farhan a policeman. It is an interesting story," Dholakia told PTI without divulging any details.

This is for the first time that Shahrukh and Farhan will be sharing the screen space. They had worked together for the remake version of 'Don' and its sequel 'Don 2', where Farhan was involved in the project as a producer while SRK played the main lead.

'Raees' will be produced by Excel Entertainment.

"We all have decided to release this film on Eid in 2015," Rahul said.
    http://www.business-standard.com/art...1500072_1.html

Mara, lauraleedooley, Tash and 2 others thanked this.
  14. nika

nika Well-Known Member

I never saw a Dholakia's film but from what I'm reading here this whole thing sounds interesting and different.
    I hope Shahrukh can make it look and feel different from what he's already done as Don. And with Farhan - Don's director - playing a cop now, it would be double exciting to watch. :)

Mara, lauraleedooley and Xeny thank this.
  15. Xeny

Xeny ❤️‍ ART

Gosh, I'm so excited about that film!!! I hope it will be maximum realistic, as Shahrukh didn't do something like this for a looong time.
    After so many romantic films, I'm sturving for the real dramatic action type one.
    Also will be more interesting if it will be more realistic, with the character of the real gangster. Because Don was stylised.
    That's why I'm glad that it doesn't sounds like a Don type at all, though I loved Don A LOT! Except that semi-romantic part with Roma, half of the people will kill me, but I think it was not really necessary or it was just like a cherry on a pie but not a tasty cherry, cause Farhan didn't do it properly, I didn't felt the thrill about this, the idea was good, but done poorly, in first Don that part was better. So, I personally, don't want to see romance in this movie.
    Plus a duo with Farhan!! wow! LOVE IT!

sorry, I talk a lot, the film is still only "in the air".

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  16. Karan#1

Which so many romantic films? MNIK, Ra1, Don 2 weren't romantic films...

lauraleedooley and Mara thank this.
  17. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

СЕ too little resemblance to the romance))))

18. Xeny

Xeny ❤️‍ ART

yep, you're right! ha...thought the same, but after writing my message, maybe because there are portions of romance in every film, which is good. I guess I'm just too excited, lol

19. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

MNIK was an incredibly romantic film for me :madgrin: .... with some other distracting stuff in the second half. :rolleyes:

lauraleedooley, MaryAnnK and Xeny thank this.
  20. iamsrking

iamsrking Well-Known Member

what's the meanig for 'Raees' ?