1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

RA1 PREMIER NEWS

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by DianaDimple, Sep 26, 2011.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Mystery surrounds Ra One Toronto Premiere
    By Guneet Wadera - Filmicafe.com, 7 October, 2011

[​IMG]The year’s biggest release - Ra One, The biggest stars in Bollywood - Shahrukh Khan and Kapoor, The biggest question on everyone’s mind - Is it or Isn’t it?

If you are amongst the many wondering, Will Shahrukh and Kareena’s superhero Diwali bonanza be coming to Toronto for its big premiere? The answer so far is possibly.

Social networking sites have been a buzz for weeks now with Toronto being rumoured to one of be venues for the film’s world premieres across the globe along with London and Dubai - however with just under three weeks to go, no affirmative confirmation has as of yet been made for a Premiere in Toronto.

The festive period of Diwali is one for family, friends, fun and frolic and with umpteen events happening all across the city, the premiere if announced or confirmed last minute will surely face some serious competition to find space amongst an already crowded festival calendar. Proper planning and due notice are a must during this busy season as haphazardness will only lead to chaos and confusion.

From a purely commercial standpoint - the limited time for promotion, marketing and media coverage could severely constraint its outreach perhaps making it a losing proposition for those involved.

Also Shahrukh has been on a promotional overdrive for Ra One with events almost everyday in Mumbai for the film’s promotions leading to a certain case of overexposure for the King Khan, not that anyone is complaining but it is something to be considered.

The premiere of a Diwali Bonanza like Ra One with Shahrukh Khan as G-One should be the grandest spectacle Toronto has ever seen as the city deserves nothing but the biggest and the best.

Now, let’s hope things aren’t left to chance till the very last minute as even a superhero wouldn’t be able to save the day then.
    http://www.filmicafe.com/news_detail.php?news_id=20989

Rayhana and Elahe thank this.
  2. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Kareena Kapoor to miss the Toronto premiere of 'RA.One' as it clashes with the shooting schedule of 'Dhuaan'

Kareena Kapoor, better known of late as the 'Khan Queen', finds herself in an awkward situation thanks to that very celebrated title. The dates of the Toronto premiere of her RA.One with Shah Rukh Khan and the shooting schedule of Reema Katgi's Dhuaan with Aamir Khan are apparently clashing.

[​IMG]
    Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor on the sets of Dhuaan

Not surprisingly Bebo has chosen Mr Perfectionist, the Khan she has been raving about ever since their blockbuster film 3 Idiots, over G One. A source, however, defends her decision of choosing Aamir over SRK.

"Kareena has to take some special training for an underwater sequence in the film and she needs time for that too. So going for the premiere is out of the question." The shoot sequence in question was supposed to be shot in the outskirts of Mumbai. It was cancelled last minute due to certain technical issues.

Now, apparently, the location for the shoot has been finally finalised. Since it's one of the last few scenes to be shot, it cannot be delayed again. Adds the source, "Kareena is the plays the female lead and SRK obviously wants her around as much as possible. She is trying her best to attend the Dubai and London premieres because she does not want to miss the international premieres of her film."

However, she has not been able to work around her dates for the third global premiere. "This film is obviously her biggest this year, and she definitely wants to be a part of all promotional events. It's just unfortunate that the premiere is now clashing with the shoot dates of Dhuaan." The actress will be shooting for Dhuaan on October 26, and hence will not be part of the premiere in Toronto or any other promotional activity on that day for the Shah Rukh-starrer.

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2011/oct/071011-Aamir-scores-over-Shah-Rukh.htm

Rayhana says thanks.
  3. DianaDimple

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2011/oct/071011-Bollywood-rides-the-global-wave.htm

Bollywood rides the global wave
    By: Mauli Singh Date: 2011-10-07 Place: Mumbai

B-Town's hold over NRIs is only growing. No wonder, an increasing number of movies are being premiered abroad...
    Shah Rukh Khan seems all set to reclaim his throne this Diwali. After months of being overshadowed by the other superstar Khans of the industry, SRK is now leaving no stone unturned to regain his supremacy.

Whether it is roping international pop star Akon to sing the peppy Chammak Challo track or launching video games, the actor is using every trick in the trade -- including milking his unparallel foreign appeal -- to ensure his upcoming sci-fi flick is a huge success. Reportedly, the superstar is going to premiere his magnum opus in three different cities across the world -- Dubai, London and Toronto -- on October 24, 25 and 26 respectively.

And, of course, King Khan will be accompanied by his leading lady Kareena Kapoor. His foreign trip doesn't end there. Apparently, his next -- Don 2 -- will also premiere in Berlin.

Elahe and phul thank this.
  4. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Ahhhhh OMG let it be true let it be true. :flame: :flame: :pray: Oh God please let it be true. :pray: That would be the greates Birthday Gift. :pray: ( btw. my Birthday is the 23rd December) Omg that would be a Dream if i could see Shah Rukh on my Birthday. :Cry: What do you say can i have hope?

5. DianaDimple

^ Of course Phul, always good to have hope. Hope your dream comes true :)

phul says thanks.
  6. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Awww Thank you Diana. :hug:

7. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

Hope your wishes comes true phul.:) Don 2 most likely will have a premiere in Berlin.

phul says thanks.
  8. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

This rumor goes around since the shooting was done here in Berlin. Thats why i said: "Jingle Bells ... Jingle Bells ..." :D:p But it isn't confirmend yet .. so still hoping till we know it for sure :)

phul says thanks.
  9. Apok

Apok Active Member

How does one get invited to a movie's premier? If you can only get in via invitations then what's all the hype for?

10. Ella

11. mumbiene

Ra One Premiere Details Revealed
    By Filmicafe.com, 7 October, 2011

[​IMG]Here it is first and exclusively only on Filmicafe.com. One of the most anticipated films in Bollywood history Ra. One starring Superstar Shahrukh Khan and leading lady Kareena Kapoor is leaving no stone unturned in making this film a global experience. With the film releasing on Wednesday October 26th Shahrukh Khan and Other celebrities also expected to be here include Arjun Rampal, who plays the title role of Ra.One in the film, along with Shahana Goswami, child artiste Armaan Verma and the film’s director, Anubhav Sinha.Producers Ali Morani, Mohamed Morani, Sunil Lulla and Krishika Lulla are also expected to attend.

Dubai
    October 24th 2011

London
    October 25th 2011

Toronto
    - Ra One will have its Toronto Premiere on October 26, Wed
    - TIFF Bell Lightbox will be the Venue for Ra One's Red Carpet Premiere
    -There will be a Press Conference and After Party for Ra One on the same day as the Toronto Premiere

A press release was made by Mr. Altaf Kassam of Esquire Entertainment and Dr. Shahid Bhatti of the Star Mantra Entertainment Group regarding a Ra. One movie premiere in Toronto. " We are looking forward to making this an unforgettable experience." Was the statement given by the duo.

Ra.One is touted as the most expensive film in Bollywood history and is set to transform the Indian film industry with its ground-breaking visual and audio effects. With all the hysteria behind Ra.One, Toronto, Canada seems to be a perfect mix for a film premiere as it has emerged as a Bollywood hotbed in recent years. With the success and exposure of the 2011 IIFA awards coupled with the hundreds of thousands of Bollywood and Shahrukh Khan fans in Toronto, this event will definitely be one of the most exciting events ever for Bollywood fans in Toronto.

As always keep it tuned to the one, the only one Filmicafe.com all and everything Ra One.
    http://www.filmicafe.com/news_detail.php?news_id=21002

Rayhana says thanks.
  12. Apok

Apok Active Member

Someone please answer my question, how do I get invited to the premier? Do I have to buy a ticket or what...

13. Ella

I guess no one knows the answer here. Othervise someone would've replied to you. :)

14. Elahe

Elahe Dil To Shahrukhee hai!

unfortunately I don't know but the moment I find out (that is if I find out) I will definitely let you know:)

15. mumbiene

Dubai, London and Toronto set to see Ra.One

By Anita Ramakrishna
    Posted on October 8th, 2011 in Events, Hot, Movies, News

[​IMG]The momentum and excitement for the release of Shahrukh Khan’s epic project Ra.One is reaching a fevered pitch. Not only has King Khan set into high gear promoting the film all over India, but Red Chillies Entertainment and the makers of the film are all set to wow the International markets as well.
    The producers are planning to take the movie to their fans across the world with multiple premieres. Bollywood aficionados living in London, Dubai and Toronto will be ecstatic to learn that the superstars Shahrukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor will be attending world premieres of the magnum opus.
    Though there are rumours that Kareena will be unable to attend the Toronto premiere due to commitments she has already made for the Aamir Khan starrer Dhuaan (Kareena is allegedly doing underwater training in preparation for a special sequence in Dhuaan), Bebo is adamant that she at the very least be present at the Dubai and London events, as this is the biggest film of the year for the actress.
    And though there were rumours abound saying that Lady Gaga would attend the London premiere of Ra.One that too was simply only the baseless buzz of the media.
    The premiere in Dubai is set for October 24, the premiere in London on October 25th and the premiere in Toronto on October 26. Seems that Bollywood is taking a globe-trotting trek and bringing G.One to our hearts and homes this Diwali.
    Bollyspice.Com will be bringing you all of the latest from these premiere events in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!
    http://bollyspice.com/30127/dubai-london-and-toronto-set-to-see-ra-one

16. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

So Kareena doesn't bother to show up for a premiere of her own film? I have tried so hard to start liking her so Ra.One could truly be perfect for me, but she is making it soooooo difficult!! :mad:

Rayhana and Elahe thank this.
  17. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

she is making no efforts whatsoever for Ra.One promotions.

Arjun makes the effort for Ra.One promotions, even though many number of times he is not at promotional events because he's character hasnt been revealed yet or because he isnt needed for that event.
    even the Armaan makes more of an effort than here.

Rayhana says thanks.
  18. mumbiene

Shah Rukh Khan goes places for Ra.One

TNN | Oct 13, 2011, 12.00AM IST

Shah Rukh Khan is taking his film Ra.One to many countries. There's Poland, Germany, Canada and more importantly, Russia.
    No Indian film has been released there since Raj Kapoor's Mera Naam Joker. And SRK is keen to open that market again for Indian films, as they love Bollywood films. Also, Ra.One will premiere in Dubai a day before other theatres across the world, including India. King Khan is planning a premiere in London as well. But he won't be in Mumbai when the film releases here on Diwali.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...es-places-for-Ra-One/articleshow/10326242.cms

Rayhana and isabell thank this.
  19. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

Guys sorry if anyone has information about the location of Ra.one film premier then plzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me. Normally liecester square is where most of the films are premiered but is Ra.one also being premiered ther...plzzz guys help me as i have to take time out of work for it. Thanks...

20. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

Sorrry because of excitement i forgot to mention the country name...i basically want to know where in London Ra.one will be premiered????