1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

RA1 PREMIER NEWS

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by DianaDimple, Sep 26, 2011.

1. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

RA.Four
    SRK has decided to premiere his ambitious project in four of the world’s prominent cities

Kunal M Shah

Posted On Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 02:37:39 AM

To say that Shah Rukh Khan has left no stone unturned with regard to his ambitious project, RA.One is a major understatement. The actor's grand promotional activities have made headlines. And now, as the time for the film's release approaches, we hear that SRK has some more surprises up his sleeve.

A source revealed that the actor plans to premiere RA.One in four of the world's most prominent cities, which include London, New York, Dubai and Toronto.

And his plans for the film's promotions in India happen to be even more elaborate. SRK is all set to have press conferences in places that he has never visited before. These places include Lucknow, Kolkata, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Jallandhar, Jaipur, Pune and a couple of other places, which are yet to be finalised.
    http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/20110927201109270237553186d3f8ef5/RAFour.html

phul, precious_ain, Elahe and 4 others thanked this.
  2. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Yes, he has never visited places like Delhi... :rolleyes:

3. Elahe

Elahe Dil To Shahrukhee hai!

OMG it has a premier here in my city........:cheer2: killer killer killer

4. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

exactly :pound:

and i think from that list the ONLY place he hasnt visited is Jallandhar. the other cities he has visited during IPL this year.

5. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Please, please, pretty please go and represent us here on the Planet!! You lucky girl!!!

Elahe says thanks.
  6. Elahe

Of course I will Mary Ann and I'll share every little detail with all my family here;) I definitely will....:heart:

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  7. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Is Shah Rukh Khan’s Ra.One going to premiere in Dubai?

Rumour mill is also abuzz that an Eid concert will feature the star with his film star cast in tow

By
    • Bindu Suresh Rai
    Published Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Shah Rukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor in Ra.One. (SUPPLIED)
    It seems superstar Shah Rukh Khan simply cannot afford to leave a single stone unturned for his co-production, “Ra.One”, with stories circulating that as many as four world premieres have been planned to ensure the film’s buzz continues to rake in the moolah.

Naturally, if there were spates of world premieres then Dubai would certainly feature on the map. And fans of the actor here won’t be disappointed because according to our snoops, the emirate is certainly on the agenda, along with London, New York and Toronto.

When quizzed Ra.One publicist Nilufer Qureshi though, she refused to confirm the news saying: “I know London is happening, but I am in no position to comment on the other planned premieres. Speak to the producers, Eros International.”

After repeated attempts by Emirates 24|7, a call from Eros had yet to return at time of filing.

Confirmed or not, fans were already in a tizzy when news broke, with many having been disappointed earlier this month when Khan was unable to attend the Eid concert with “Ra.One” co-stars Arjun Rampal and Kareena Kapoor, due to the latter’s conflicting shooting schedule.

“I can’t believe Shah Rukh may be coming to Dubai. He is my favourite actor; in fact, I have seen his “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” at least 30 times,” gushed 27-year-old Preeti Pandit.

Dolly S took the news to Facebook, adding: “SRK in Dubai. About time [sic]. I can’t wait to see him, the movie and the song, “Chamak Challo.” It’s been three months and I am still not over that song? Could this be true love?”

However, rumour has it that Khan may also pull off a double whammy here by not only coming down for the premiere but also shaking a leg for his much-delayed concert during Eid Al Adha in November.

While confirmations have to come, Khan has gone all out in the publicity blitzkrieg of his sci-fi adventure, with roping in international superstar Akon to lend his voice to the soundtrack with “Chamak Challo”, along with inviting Lady Gaga to the Mumbai premiere.

The actor has also in the recent weeks, launched a “Ra.One” video game, along with a dedicated YouTube channel for all things film related, including behind the scenes footage and other promotional events.

Khan is also expected to embark on an all India tour with his film, with cities supposedly including New Delhi, Bangalore, Lucknow, Pune and many more.
    http://www.emirates247.com/entertai...oing-to-premiere-in-dubai-2011-09-28-1.420954

phul, Pedi and Wafa thank this.
  8. Apok

Apok Active Member

I live an hour from Toronto, hope I can finally meet him!! :D :D

9. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

I hope you get to meet him!!! I live 1200 miles from New York!! Want to go so bad if he is really going to be there, but must be confirmed............have to figure out the $ if I can go.........airline tickets, hotels........does anyone here live close to New York or plans to go to the premiere if he comes to the United States??

10. Steffi_Khan

Steffi_Khan Member

HOW CAN ONE GET TICKETS FOR THE PREMIERE IN LONDON ?! Is it possible ??? :eek::help:

11. mumbiene

No, it`s only for charged guests

12. Elahe

:( meaning its not available to us?

13. mumbiene

No, not for us.
    We could see Shahrukh only at the red Carpet but this for a long time.

14. mumbiene

Dubai to host global premiere of Ra.One

Auction of celeb personal items at private charity dinner

By
    • Bindu Suresh Rai
    Published Tuesday, October 04, 2011

You read it here first as a rumour and Bollywood fans will now be delighted to know that Shah Rukh Khan’s magnum opus, “Ra.One” is confirmed to premiere in Dubai on October 24 with the star himself walking the red carpet.
    Joining him in the spotlight will be the diva Kareena Kapoor, who commands an intense fan following of her own in the UAE.
    Other celebrities also expected to be here include Arjun Rampal, who plays the title role of Ra.One in the film, along with Shahana Goswami, child artiste Armaan Verma and the film’s director, Anubhav Sinha.
    Producers Ali Morani, Mohamed Morani, Sunil Lulla and Krishika Lulla are also expected to attend.
    The news was confirmed to Emirates 24|7 by Rashid Saeed, managing director of Essar Events, which is organising the premiere. He stated: “The contract was signed on October 3 and we couldn’t be more excited to present the hottest Bollywood film of the year with India’s biggest stars, all in Dubai during the Diwali festival.”
    And fans that are eager to meet their favourite celebs up close are in for a special festive treat this time around. Rather than limiting the film’s premiere to sponsors, corporates and members of the media, tickets for the 3D sci-fi flick’s star-studded screenings will be on sale to the public.
    “We wanted to do away with the monopoly of just having a limited audience having the privilege to see the stars in their element,” said Saeed. “This is why we will open the ticket sales to public probably a week prior to the “Ra.One” premiere screenings.”
    For those who think the plural in ‘screenings’ is a grammatical error are in for another surprise. Saeed has also confirmed that “Ra.One” will be shown simultaneously across three screens, with the stars making an appearance in all the showings.
    “The venue details will emerge shortly, but we are working out a deal to block three screens to show the film to accommodate the large turnout of fans, and the stars will make an appearance in all of them,” he said.
    Following the screenings, the stars will jet off to a charity dinner with the who’s who of Dubai, where a special skit put together by the actors will be staged, followed by a charity auction.
    “It is still a surprise as to what will be auctioned off,” said Saeed. “It could be personal memorabilia of Shah Rukh’s and Kareena’s or it could be costumes from the film. Everyone will have to wait and watch.”
    Proceeds from the auction will be donated to the Rashid Paediatric Therapy Centre.
    A red carpet will be planned for fans that can’t make it into the screenings or the charity dinner, but final details of the venue and time have also yet to emerge.
    “We will not be organising any other public events to maintain the exclusivity of such a star-studded premiere,” revealed Saeed, adding: “And security is going to be very tight to ensure everyone’s safety and leave no room for gatecrashers.”
    Saeed also satted that no expense has been spared to ensure the event will be the highlight of Dubai’s social calendar.
    When quizzed about the cost of throwing such an event together, he said: ““Ra.One” is one of the most expensive films to come out of Bollywood, with India’s biggest stars coming to Dubai for its very first public screening.
    “Naturally, all precautions have been taken that the event is done in style and without any hitches. I can’t give you an exact figure, but usually, when big budget films have a red carpet affair, the cost can go into millions. It all depends on the star quotient and his or her fan following.
    “Only Shah Rukh Khan or a Salman Khan can command that.”
    Following the one-day stopover in Dubai, the celebs will jet off to London, for “Ra.One’s” second premiere.
    The film is a sci-fi caper, which sees Shah Rukh Khan play the superhero G.One, with Kareena Kapoor playing his wife. Arjun Rampal is the film’s bad guy, with stars Priyanka Chopra, Sanjay Dutt and Rajnikanth appearing in special cameos.
    In recent months, Khan has been on a publicity blitzkrieg with “Ra.One”, with talk that the film would also hold premieres in New York and Toronto.
    “Ra.One” has also seen its share of controversies, with the smash-hit song “Chamak Challo”, sung by Akon, being leaked online three months prior to the film’s music release. In fact, the whole soundtrack also found its way online illegally, three days before the album launch.
    The movie will go on general release, in 2D and 3D formats, across the UAE on October 27.
    Watch this space for more details on the premiere in the coming weeks, with Saeed promising that many more A-list premiere are in store for Dubai in the near future.
    http://www.emirates247.com/bollywoo...global-premiere-of-ra-one-2011-10-04-1.421910

Rayhana, phul, relaxxx and 1 other person say thanks.
  15. Elahe

24th in Dubai, 25th in London and I'm guessing he'll be back in India on the 26th...?
    and yet there is a premier also in NY and Toronto......
    wowiiii, this is BIG:D

16. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

unfortunately there is no premiere in NY. they couldnt get the film formatted for imax theatres or something and no time to do it in these last 20+ days

and wow, soon he will start his city tours in india for Ra.One too. alot of travelling for SRK :eek:

phul says thanks.
  17. Steffi_Khan

Steffi_Khan Member

WHY NOT FOR US :( ohh...

18. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor to rock Dubai for Ra.One premiere
    Published: Wednesday, Oct 5, 2011, 14:49 IST
    Place: Dubai | Agency: ANI

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan will be in Dubai for the grand premiere of his latest sci-fi film Ra.One along with co-stars Kareena Kapoor and Arjun Rampal.
    Billed as the most expensive Bollywood film ever, with a budget of over 1.5 billion rupees (Dh111 million), King Khan’s sci-fi flick will be premiered at the Grand Cineplex on October 24 followed by a charity auction gala dinner.
    While the premiere is a ticketed event, the auction benefit will be an invites-only event and the proceeds from the starry benefit will be handed over to Rashid Pediatric Therapy Centre, Gulf News reported.
    After the Dubai star studded premiere, the Bollywood entourage will be heading to London and Toronto for the film’s screening.
    Khan, 45, who is also one of the producers, has been in hard-selling mode and has come up with marketing strategies unique in Bollywood, including launching a movie-based video game and creating an interactive You Tube campaign for the film.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainme...oor-to-rock-dubai-for-ra-one-premiere_1595243

Rayhana, Vegainko, phul and 1 other person say thanks.
  19. mumbiene

RA.ONE Toronto Premiere a Possibility

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    After Dubai, Toronto got its name for a possible premiere of Ra.One to be held. Dubai announced its confirmation of holding the Ra.One Premiere and now all eyes are on Toronto. After a huge successful IIFA 2011 awards which was held this past June, Toronto has become a new favourite spot for Bollywood. After seeing such huge unexpected market for Indian films in the city, Bollywood has indeed have alot of plans for the city. It is heard the ShahRukh Khan and this year’s most awaited film Ra.One can possibily have a world class premiere right in the city of Toronto. MAHIRAM.COM known as North America’s Largest Bollywood website received some insight news from Ra.One production house that a Toronto premiere is in the works, just few little last minute works are in progress before the official announcement are made.
    Well we sure hope Toronto gets to see KING KHAN and his film RA.ONE right at home.
    http://www.mahiram.com/2011/10/05/ra-one-toronto-premiere-a-possibility/

Rayhana, Vegainko, phul and 1 other person say thanks.
  20. Elahe

OMG OMG OMG.......... :faint2:
    Ok I wont get all excited yet.... but My god... my fingers are crossed:amen: