1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

'Ra.One' to release in territories including Taiwan, Russia, Palestine

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by Wafa, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

in Palestine???!!! :eek: wooohoooo!!!!

old article but the release is recent in those countries:

Ra.One is to open in a number of non-traditional Bollywood territories.

The movie, which is on general release across South Asia, North America, the Middle East, Australasia and the UK, has broken existing box office records.

"With Ra.One, Eros International once again consolidates and establishes its global distribution network and the film is enjoying a superb run across all major regions," said Pranab Kapadia, president of distribution at Eros International plc.

"The film has broken SRK's own previous first weekend record established by My Name is Khanand Ra.One now occupies the position of biggest Indian first weekend grosser overseas as well."

The Anubhav Sinha-directed project is scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2012 across a range of territories including Taiwan, Russia, Palestine, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Russia, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Brazil, Spain, Italy and Greece.

The sci-fi film is reportedly exceeding box office expectations in the US, in spite of an unseasonal cold snap currently affecting the Eastern seaboard.

"Ra.One has had a brilliant opening across the country. Despite storms in the east coast and a state of emergency declared, the film has performed well," added Ken Naz, President, Eros International, USA.

Stars Shah Rukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Arjun Rampal were in attendance at the London premiere of the film last week.

Significant action sequences of the production were shot in the city and at Battersea Power Station.

http://www.digitalspy.com/bollywood...tories-including-taiwan-russia-palestine.html

MaryAnnK and Number8 thank this.
  2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

no mention of Egypt, any news from our Egyptian members?

nada sherif and ghada thank this.
  3. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

This is not new information.

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

that's why I said on top "old article" ;)

5. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

:)

6. HALA*SRK

HALA*SRK Pagal of SRK!!

Yaaaaaaaaahoooooooooo!!! :cheer2: Finally I'll watch it in 3D :D

7. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Egypt was supposed to get Ra.One back during Eid ul Adha but dunno what's going on :(

8. ghada

ghada ♥♥♥SHAH RUKH ♥♥♥

it didnt release in Egypt:( they postpone it from Eid to Jan& the last thing we've been told it'll be in March but no release date yet:frown:

9. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Hmm yeah, I don't get why so much delay :(

10. ghada

ghada ♥♥♥SHAH RUKH ♥♥♥

we don't know too:confused: .. the company who distribute the movie said it's out of their hands cos the cinemas chose the movies they want to release

11. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

i dont understand why they dont release the movies on the same day throughout the world... it would be awesome and so much better for box office collections :rolleyes:

ghada and Yeh Dil thank this.
  12. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

What a weird question? many countries won't buy a film before making sure it's a hit...Sometimes they even don't know about a film's existence before it makes history in its own country...You must don't forget than cinema industry is also business :thumb:
    They also sometimes buy rights during film festivals... for releasing or for remaking (like Karan Johar with french films : he won't buy them if they don't do well in Europe...)

Plus there are the dubbing and subtitling matters...:) And some countries have also a "central organisation survey" which checks on films to allow the screening and make some warrants (like : "not for young people" etc) ...All this takes times....

MaryAnnK and RizwanaShahrukh thank this.
  13. RizwanaShahrukh

wow!!!!!!! :eek: anne i had no idea! what a crisp detailed explanation! thank u :hug:

frenchfan says thanks.
  14. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

:lol: I don't exactly understand what you mean with "crisp" but, anyway, you're very welcome :thumb::hug:

15. RizwanaShahrukh

:lol: crisp meaning "clean...simple....clear" :pound:

frenchfan says thanks.
  16. nada sherif

nada sherif New Member

yeah no news about egypt till now thou its listed in the coming soon movies here...

17. nada sherif

nada sherif New Member

yeah thats weird...its still coming soon on the egyptian site...dont know when will 'SOON' come...