1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Ra.One Fan Promotion

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by sonataca, Sep 10, 2011.

1. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

A few of you know how desperate I am to make Ra.One the biggest blockbuster ever because I have taken to my heart Shah Rukh's saying "every penny counts"! Since my watch isn't on the first day but on Saturday, meaning Oct. 29th, I'm pretty sad. BUT! I have been doing my best to promote it! Here are the ideas I have, you guys can do it too because most of them are not time consuming.

1. Write www.raonemovie.com on every banknote/bill you have on hand and spend them!

2. Get a piggy bank and leave it at a store with Ra.One Charity on it. Then when it's full, you can donate the money to a charity of your choice, pretty good deed too. *For US folks, a tootsie roll bank is great!*

3. If you are in US and have kids over during Halloween (perfect timing!), give out candies with Ra.One music playing.
    a) Make small flyers for kids with a Ra.One image perhaps.
    b) If you don't mind spending two hundred bucks, get custom candies with Ra.One on them

4. If you are bored and are online then you could get hits for Ra.One website. I used Easyhits4U and gotten over 200 hits for Ra.One! But choose a page that will grab attention. It may or may not be successful because people on that website mainly are there to get hits on their website. It's a 1:1 kind of a deal but can be worth it! You have to earn credits though by viewing others' websites. Maybe 20 secs per website? PM if you want more info!

5. Write www.raonemovie.com on every bottle/can you throw/recycle away...at least in US, it can grab garbage folks' attention :p

6. Make a t-shirt about Ra.One and wear it as much as you can!

7. Make flyers about Ra.One and post it anywhere you can get permission from. Remember to choose locations like theaters (duh!), restaurants and other busy areas. *For, US, what's the most visited place in your town or area? WAL MART!!!*

8. When you get your CD, play them loud and clear!!

9. Print G.One's face on dollar bills and pass them out...money gets everyone's attention, even fake!

10. If you mail out letters pretty often, right www.raonemovie.com on the envelopes

11. Put Ra.One info on your email signatures...it's you email ID, you are free to write anything!

12. Make a bumper sticker for your car that says something about the movie!

13. If you like to make videos, put www.raonemovie.com on your info area

14. If you are totally desperate, make road signs and dance with the music on streets! :bounce:

15. If you check out books from libraries or go to libaries, slip something about Ra.One on a paper inside books/dvds/whatever. Better, make origami stuff and put it in! ;) *It is better to choose books based on superheroes and movies in general*

16. Another good deed and nice way to let out the word about Ra.One, http://freerice.com/content-group/raone
    Here you join, test your knowledge and they give 10 grains of rice to poor people for each answer you get right. :)

17. Get a tattoo with "G.One" or "Ra.One" :madgrin:

18. Make a hat out of paper and color it Ra.One colors and write Ra.one and wear it in rain, if it's raining in your area...(pathetic, I know!)

19. Write a letter to your local newspaper folks and ask them to write about Ra.one

20. Hold a Ra.One special raffle! Everyone loves free stuff!

21. If you are a male, wear Shekhar's wig to your office/school. If asked why the hell the mop on your head, tell them about your love for Shekhar Subramanium!

22. If you don't mind vandalism, then go to public toilets and write Ra.One's website link with a permanent marker and draw a funny pic...eh, even decent people go to to toilets, right?

23. Be a abuseologist. Use slang and bad words...when asked tell you are inspired by Sonia

24. Hold a party and let the theme be a surprise to your guest. At the party, play Ra.One promos and music, enlighten your guest on Ra.One if they don't know about it.

25. Write Ra.One on your room window or car window. If going for the car window, make sure it doesn't break your country's driving laws and go on a road trip, stop at gas stations!

26. If you have pets, stick a ad on them talking about Ra.One and take your pet out on a long extended walk. :)

27. Make fortune cookies with Ra.One dialogues inside! And pass them out at school, college, or work!

28. Write Ra.One on balloons and fill them up to helium and let go of them like Sam liked to do in MNIK! But release one at a time so it ends up at different locations ;)

29. Make a ladoos with food coloring blue and pass them out with a paper about Ra.One

yeah, these are my ideas, some are crazy but they are fun! Just have fun! Let's have a Ra.One party!

jg2k, MaryAnnK, phul and 4 others thanked this.
  2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Well done!!! :clap2:
    .... though maybe the tattoo is a bit too much for me .... :lol:

sonataca says thanks.
  3. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

haha, just a thought :p

4. pleasant

pleasant Active Member

Well done :clap2:

sonataca says thanks.
  5. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

Hehe i done that be4 u posted it ji the frist day bk to work was talk about ra1 and shering the promo with my friends at work and they went mad alll of them said we going to see it when it realsefd :)

Number8 and sonataca thank this.
  6. Elahe

Elahe Dil To Shahrukhee hai!

you are GOOOOOD sonataca! GOOOOOOD;) :clap2:I couldn't agree with you more, its now up to us to make it big, even though it already is big! even though he might not care about Box office numbers I'm sure if its huge it'll bring a smile to that beautiful face of his and boyyyy that smile .....:rolleyes::flame:

being in Canada I will watch it the day it releases and as many times as possible as long as its on, with as many friends of mine as possible, will do all I can to promote it as well, kinda feels like Ra One is my baby .....
    your ideas are brilliant, some I wouldn't be able to go through with, but all of them are KHantastic, really good ones:)
    we WILL make it big, and I'm sure our friends in India also have made plans to make it humongous !!!! :heart:

sonataca says thanks.
  7. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Marvelous! good going Rumana :) I love your idea and specially the halloween one I think is brilliant idea.

Lets do it. :) also tweet this thread or post it on your facebook walls to get more fan support

sonataca says thanks.
  8. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

you can use Henna its temporary :p

sonataca says thanks.
  9. ajsrk

ajsrk BOOOM

Respect the ideas !:rockon:

sonataca says thanks.
  10. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

Very Good Job :peace:
    I'm already in for n16 since I'm active on that site. So, 11 is down too ;)

sonataca says thanks.
  11. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Wow Rumana great ideas :D Well the Helloween one is cool :lol: but not only in USA you will see Kids dressed in Costumes on the Street. Lol here in Germany the Kids have started to do this too in the last few Years. They celebrate Halloween now and forget our old Traditions. When i was small we had a day called Hexenabend ( Witchs eve) We Kids dressd us as witches and was going from door to door and ask for candies. awww i remember how much fun it was well ok except when the boys came and tried to get our candies.:mmph: Well today no kids are coming in that night anymore today they come in the Halloween Night.

Wished i had Henna. I had make me a Tatoo before i was went to give my vote today. We had elections today. We Voted a new Mayor. Well but I had a Idea too. I have a set of Windowcolors i could draw a Ra.One Pic and and put it on My window when it is dry. And everbody who is walking outside will see it.

sonataca says thanks.
  12. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Aww :hug:

Will add that idea about window too! Even car windows should do great!

phul says thanks.
  13. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Thanks Darling :hug:

14. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Somebody has done that for Eid! I was talking with a fan on twitter and she said she put Ra.One on her hand! :D

15. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

A fellow fan who lives closeby and I will be doing something extra for Halloween...I'll update the list :)

And yeah I shared it on twitter and will be sharing on fb! :D

16. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

I want that smile on his face so badly! To be honest, I have never been so worried and excited about a movie in my whole life! I wish I could make the whole world see it! But will try my area mainly :)

Elahe says thanks.
  17. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Cool! Make sure to keep them fully updated on the upcoming promos! :p

18. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

I will be updating the list in a while because I got some more ideas. Please guys, feel free to use any of the ideas you like and let's make Ra.One the most talked about and the most WATCHED movie of India!

19. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I know exactly how you feel!
    We all become clucking mother hens when one of His films is about to release - anxious, proud, over-protective, fiercely loyal and over emotional! :lol:

sonataca says thanks.
  20. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Oh yeah! Sometimes I feel calling each other "fans" is not the correct word...we are more than fans actually! I mean, just look at the amount of letters in the word, fans, just 4 letters which is so not enough to describe our love and support!

MaryAnnK says thanks.