1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Ra.One Box Office

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by jg2k, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Vanisha R

Vanisha R New Member

I LOVE SRK!:rolleyes2:

2. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Guys, mainly those saying ra.one was under expectations, something you have to realise is that essentially you can't predict for a movie to become the highest grosser because that is decided by the movie's trending and content and such things can't be predicted before the release of the movie itself. What we can predict and come to expect is how big the opening of a movie will be and in that case ra.one's opening is by all means performed to expectations. And anyways at the end ofthe day, eros (the distributors) and srk (the producer) are quite happy.

3. w.ruhayah

w.ruhayah New Member

On monday I saw RA.ONE I love this movie and audience are full

4. HALA*SRK

HALA*SRK Pagal of SRK!!

Ra.One Falls In Overseas But Number One Of 2011
    Wednesday 9th November 2011 09.00 IST
    Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Ra.One fell in oversaes and was expected because the trend was there in the extended weekend. Still the film has crossed the $8 million mark with business of around $8.25 million since releases and is the biggest grosser overseas of 2011. The film will do around $9 million in its first phase with the potential to add more in its second phase. Ra.One should finally do business of around 60-70 crore in Overseas. The figures from major markets till date are as follows. SUPER HIT

United Kingdom -£1,230,000
    North America - $2,230,000
    UAE - $1,550,000
    Australia - $480,000
    Pakistan - $360,000
    http://www.boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=3669&nCat=

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  5. HALA*SRK

HALA*SRK Pagal of SRK!!

Ra.One Worldwide Collections in 13 Days
    Posted by admin on November 7th, 2011

This Monday Ra.One has Completed 13 Days at the Box Office. Though the Film lost lot of craze in India But its quite stable overseas.

This is Due to the International star status of Shah Rukh Khan. Here Are the Total Collections of Ra.One Worldwide at Box Office.

Hindi Version(India) – 109.5 cr
    Regional Versions(India) – 7.5 cr
    Overseas – 41 cr
    -------------------------------------------------
    Total – 158 crores NETT.

Note: Ra.One(Hindi) Second Monday Box Office Collections Were Around 2.45 crores and have been included in the data.

http://boxofficereport.net/ra-one-worldwide-collections-in-13-days/

6. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

Thats convenient! I suppose this is being said because Ra. One hasn't managed to scale those peaks! The idea of prediciting a lifetime collection for a film is the way it has worked for the past 20 years...the prediction is based mainly on buzz and the look of the trailers (which is meant to give some idea of how good the film is going to be), for all the hype and craze about Ra. One, it is not a failiure but it is an undperformance given the hype, screencount and inflated ticket prices (for 3D especially), it should have done alot more, even the 5-day opening weekend (which has nothing to do with trending) was meant to register somewhere between 110-120 crore nett (a ballpark figure agreed on by most trade analysts in line with hype, screencount and 3D addition), in the end it was about 90 crore nett (still very very good but also an underperformance)...remember though there where other factors at play! such things as "negativity before the release" etc

Im surprised and appalled at how much negativity there is for RA. One, in fact this has to be the most poorly received film of SRK's career. I put it down to what I call the "circle of life", every actor goes through this phase but in particular SRK, who made it from humble backgrounds, therefore intially people "wanted to see him succeed" (stage 1)....when he became very successful people revelled in it (stage 2)....and then when he became too successful people where like "Ive had enough of you and your success" (stage 3), this is the phase where SRK is at in my opinion, the next phase would be "people forget about there negativity for the actor and welcome him back" (stage 4)
    I've seen this "circle" before with other actors, in fact Aamir Khan was at a similar stage as SRK is now with Mangel Pandey where people where like "youve had too much success, go away", the film opened to record numbers like Ra. One but declined so steeply that in the end it was called a flop, and then Aamir Khan came back with Ghajini. And Salman Khan before Wanted, people where like "who is this guy", almost forgetting his past record, he had been reduced to an actor who had no future and his previouse release "Yuvraaj" was a disaster....and then he came back in a big way despite stuttering with "Veer". Akshay Kumar? need i tell you about how he has suffered, having possibly the worst 3 years on BO record in 2008/2009/2010 after delivering (without a doubt) the best Hindi BO year in 2007 with 4 superhits? (he moved from stage 2 to 3 in record time)

The good thing here is that SRK can comeback, perhaps even with Don 2....hes only 46, most mainstream Hindi stars can continue playing leads till there early 50's at which point they begin to play mature villainous roles, fatherly (to a lead actor who is the "star o the film") roles or experiment with Art films which accept older leads (this is not the South where 70 years olds can get away with playing mainstream leads!), theres nothing here that worries me as SRK has some pretty committed fans so he will almost certainly comeback like Aamir and Salman, the question will it be with Don 2? Hopefully!

jg2k and myshahrukh thank this.
  7. HALA*SRK

HALA*SRK Pagal of SRK!!

Ra.One Second Tuesday Collections | 2nd Drop

Postedby admin on November 8th, 2011

Ra.One Experienced the second drop of its runtime this tuesday. Its Second Tuesday BoxOffice Collections were Quite under the mark but was still the 3rd best second tuesday figure for the year.

The Film Collected 1.15 crores. The Second Week is Likely to Finish at 16 crores. This Will take the 2 Week net Collections of Ra.One (Hindi) to a Good 113.5 crore rupees.

The Overseas is Holding up much better than India.

http://boxofficereport.net/ra-one-second-tuesday-collections-2nd-drop/

8. HALA*SRK

HALA*SRK Pagal of SRK!!

Why so much negativity? Taran Adarsh
    November 9, 2011 - 08:30 IST

After a spurt in business last week, courtesy RA.ONE, the business hit rock bottom yet again this weekend. The two new releases, LOOT and MILEY NAA MILEY HUM, opened to dismal houses [LOOT fared better at some single screens], while last week's RA.ONE fell sharply in most circuits. In fact, the fall at smaller centres was more pronounced in almost every circuit. This being a 4-day weekend [Monday was a holiday], RA.ONE has added a sizeable sum again, but Tuesday onwards, the massive decline in collections is inevitable.

So what's the final verdict of RA.ONE? Well, the money spent on the film has been recovered thanks to the revenue generated from theatrical and non-theatrical avenues, which makes RA.ONE a success. But those expecting the film to be the next big grosser after 3 IDIOTS are sure to be disappointed. It's not close to BODYGUARD [Rs 150 cr + nett] or DABANGG [Rs 145 cr nett]. Now let's see if the Hindi version of RA.ONE manages to touch/cross READY [Rs 123 cr nett].

That brings me to the negativity surrounding RA.ONE. On one hand, we want all films to work, especially the ones where big money is at stake. But the moment a film releases, a section of the industry gets vindictive and starts spewing venom by spreading malicious talk. What we tend to forget is, if it's someone else's turn today, it could be us tomorrow. This kind of negative talk was rampant earlier too and I am sure, it will continue to resonate every time a biggie releases.

RA.ONE had so much negativity surrounding it [even RAMGOPAL VARMA KI AAG didn't attract so much negativity then] that it must've stopped a number of prospective moviegoers from watching the film. I am sure about that. In today's times, the negative word travels faster than ever [via social networking sites and sms-es] and RA.ONE had to bear the brunt of it. For reasons that are inexplicable.

Every movie deserves a chance and I am sure, even those indulging in loose talk would agree in their heart of hearts.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/business_talk/index.html

Fiona, MaryAnnK, jg2k and 2 others thanked this.
  9. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

well said taran! sad hey :(

10. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Very sad, such a forward step for India's cinema, makes me wonder who could be behind the negatively :rolleyes: .......I truly feel sorry for the people of India who listened to this garbage and will not see this movie. :oops: I don't expect everyone to love Ra. One, but comparsion with BodyGuard? OK I will admit it, I watched Body Guard, wanted to see what the big deal was, and while I thought it was a "allright " (I would not pay to see it) movie, it should not even be compared with Ra. One. To me this is like comparing an Adam Sandler movie to a Robert Redford movie.......juvenile comedy to what I call a movie I would pay to see, groundbreaking cinema.....just my thoughts :)

11. Karan#1

I sure hope this negativity that ra.one attracted is even more with other films of those people who hated on ra.one.

12. Karan#1

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  13. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Ra.One Third Wednesday Collections

Posted by admin on November 9th, 2011
    Ra.One is maintaining its pace at the box office this time. Its Third Wednesday Collections were almost the same as tuesday. Ra.One Collected around 1.15 crores.

Thursday can show a jump in certain areas of north India as its a holiday due to Guru parab. So, Some benefit to Ra.One can be Given.
    The Week is still Likely to Finish at 16-17 crores. Overseas is still going strong.
    http://boxofficereport.net/ra-one-third-wednesday-collections/

Vegainko says thanks.
  14. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

I think the great thing here is that no one (who is not an open SRK basher) has called Ra. One a flop, they've all refered to it as "mildly successful" or a "hit", this keeps SRK's much envied record intact of not delivering an "outright flop" with him as the main lead (therefore discounting Billu Barber/Dulha Mil Gaya) since 2005 (Paheli), for those knitpicking this record comprises of Don (Hit), Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (Hit), Om Shanti Om (BB), Chak De India (BB), Rab ne Bana Di Jodi (BB), My Name is Khan (Hit) and Ra. One (Hit). A record which is equaled (in terms of the magnitude rather than number of he hits he has) only by Aamir Khan.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  15. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Yes it is still going strong in Tampa, FL USA!! Just found out held over for another week, week 3!!! I was originally told it would be shown for 10 days.............
    Will see again this weekend!

16. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

in Kuwait the cinema it show in it cut to 2 which is a shame :( i guessed ppl still attach to the romance srk more yaars :heart:

17. Karan#1

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  18. HALA*SRK

HALA*SRK Pagal of SRK!!

Ra.One Two Weeks Worldwide Collections | Overseas Updated
    Posted by admin on November 10th, 2011

Ra.One’s Second Week Box Office Collections Were Too far from the First Week but still was a Decent Figure.

Ra.One which had a very favourable release date collected 98.5 crores in week one from its Hindi version and another 16 crores were added in its second week. So the Total Collections for first two weeks are 114.5 crores. This is the Final nett figure after deleting all entertainment taxes appropriately from all regions.

This was the Total Figure of Hindi Version. The Tamil and Telgu versions have Collections of 8.25 crores. The Overseas is good with 43 crores.

So the Ra.One Worldwide Collections in Two Weeks is 166 crores.

http://boxofficereport.net/ra-one-two-weeks-worldwide-collections-overseas-updated/

MaryAnnK and relaxxx thank this.
  19. mumbiene

SRK joins the league of extraordinary gentlemen

Upala KBR, TNN | Nov 12, 2011, 12.00AM IST
    With his latest release RA.One, Shah Rukh Khan has gained entry into the exclusive billion-rupee Club of Bollywood.

The film has grossed over Rs 100 crore in India, giving SRK entry into an elite club already consisting of stars like Aamir Khan (Ghajini, 3 Idiots), Salman Khan (Dabangg, Ready, Bodyguard) and Ajay Devgn (Singham).

Trade analyst Taran Adarsh says, "RA.One has grossed almost Rs 112 crore in its Hindi version in the first two weeks. Today, he too is part of the Billion Club; that has now become the parameter with which a film's box office business is judged."

Trade pundit Komal Nahta, adds that he never doubted that the film would cross the 100-crore mark. "I was very confident it would cross that mark. In fact, I was expecting it to happen in the first week itself considering the number of shows and screens, but it happened the week after. The film makes you realise the kind of business big budget films can do if you have a five-day weekend."

Nahta continues, "It's a recent phenomenon in the last three years that big films like 3 Idiots, Dabangg, Ghajini, and Singham have done such huge business. Though My Name Is Khan was a huge hit and the highest grosser abroad, it did not enter the Billion Rupees Club in India. There was no doubt that SRK would enter this club with his next film. By all accounts, RA.One is expected to do business of approximately Rs 125 crore in net collections in its Hindi version alone."

So ultimately, the question is whether SRK will make a profit on the film or not. Avers Nahta, "Yes, he will. It's a win-win situation for SRK and all involved in the film."
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...raordinary-gentlemen/articleshow/10690905.cms

MaryAnnK, Debbie and precious_ain thank this.
  20. mumbiene

Ra.One Falls in Third Weekend

After Having a Second Week of 16 crores Ra.One Has Had a Huge Fall in its Third Weekend Due to the Release of Rockstar.

Ra.One Managed to Collect Around 65 Lakhs on its Third Friday at the Box Office. Saturday Showed Some Jump with Collections around 0.9-1 cr Region. A Good Sunday Will Suggest a Weekend of 3 crores.

Ra.One May Go On in same Pattern Next Week as well due to no release. So Ra.One is now Looking to stablize it Final Collections in India at 123 crores. This is a Figure for Hindi Version only.

http://boxofficereport.net/ra-one-fa...third-weekend/