1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Ra.One animator battling for life

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by phul, Mar 26, 2012.

1. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Ra.One animator battling for life

PTI | 11:03 AM,Mar 26,2012

Mumbai, Mar 26 (PTI) A 28-year-old animator, who led the team that recently won the national award for special effects in Shahrukh Khan's Ra.One, is battling for life, after an auto rickshaw in which she was travelling, was hit by a speeding car in suburban Oshiwara here, leaving her seriously injured, police said today. The mishap took place in the early hours of Sunday around 1 am, when the victim, Charu Khandal was returning home in the auto with her sister Ritu and friend Vikrant Goyal, after a party that she had thrown for close family and friends on Saturday night, they said. The young animator has suffered multiple fractures in her leg and spine besides grave injuries on her head after the black Honda City rammed into the autorickshaw, which turned turtle near Sriji restaurant. Ritu and Goyal also received severe injuries in the accident, police said. The trio was immediately rushed to a nearby private hospital where Charu is battling for life and two others are undergoing treatment. Manoj Gautam, who was behind the wheels of the car was arrested yesterday for rash and negligent driving. He was subsequently granted bail, police added. PTI VM dk DK
    http://ibnlive.in.com/generalnewsfeed/news/raone-animator-battling-for-life/979444.html

2. phul

Late-night tragedy at Oshiwara

Drunk driver leaves 28-year-old in coma, cops let

accused walk

• Charu Khandal, the victim, headed the team that won a National Award for special effects on Ra.One • Police booked the accused, Manoj Netrapal, only for rash and negligent driving; let him off on bail

Posted On Monday, March 26, 2012 at 02:15:22 AM

On Saturday, Charu Khandal, an animator with Shah Rukh Khan's Red Chillies Entertainment, threw a dinner party for close friends and family to celebrate after the team she headed won a National Award for the special effects on Ra.One. But the night that began in celebration, ended tragically, with Khandal battling for life - doctors say she'll be permanently crippled even if she does survive the ordeal - and a friend of hers, 26-year-old Vikrant Goyal, also in a critical condition.

Just after midnight on Saturday, the autorickshaw carrying Khandal, 28, her sister Ritu, 26, and Goyal, was hit by a speeding Honda City in Oshiwara. The driver, identified as Manoj Netrapal alias Gautama, 39, was arrested and taken to Cooper Hospital for blood test, which showed that the accused was driving under the influence of alcohol.

But the cops, inexplicably, booked the agent for a Andheri-based shipping company under a relatively softer provision of rash and negligent driving, and let him off on a bail of Rs 5,000. Senior inspector Dilip Rupwate of Oshiwara police station said, “There were traces of alcohol in his blood which shows that he was drunk. We have let him go on Rs 5,000 bail. The matter is under investigation.”

Only two months ago, a Supreme Court order had upheld the charges of culpable homicide in the drunken driving case against Alistair Pereira.

Doctors treating Khandal said that she has suffered multiple fractures in her head, ribs, spine, neck and legs, and has a very low chance of survival. In case she does survive, it would take a medical miracle for her to stand on her feet, they added.

The accident took place when Khandal, a Malad resident, was returning home with her sister Ritu and Goyal after dropping her fiancé Sagar Thakkar at his residence in Seven Bungalows, Versova. While the rickshaw driver and Ritu sustained minor injuries, Khandal and Goyal slipped into coma. According to doctors, Goyal, who works as an assistant sales manager in Pride International, had regained consciousness but was still critical.

“My sister and her fiancé were in one auto while Goyal and I were in another one. Sagar lives in Seven Bungalows so we first dropped him home. Then Charu joined us in our auto,” Ritu said.

According to the First Information Report (FIR), as the auto reached the signal near Shreeji restaurant a speeding black-coloured Honda City rammed into their rickshaw from behind.

Stunned by the impact, the auto driver lost control and the rickshaw turned turtle. “I had blacked out. When I returned to my senses, I saw the driver and a few other people trying to pull out my sister and Goyal from the auto. They were covered in blood. I immediately called up Sagar. Soon police and Sagar’s friends reached the spot,” Ritu said.

While Sagar’s friends took Charu and Ritu to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital, police rushed Goyal to Cooper hospital and was later shifted to Kokilaben Hospital.

“Charu was adventurous and so full of life. She loved travelling and we were supposed to go sailing this weekend. She was so happy that her team won the national award for Ra.One,” said Sagar, Khandal’s fiancé. “’Please water my plants or they will die’,” were Charu’s last words before slipping into coma,” Ritu said.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article...-28yearold-in-coma-cops-let-accused-walk.html

MaryAnnK and Rayhana thank this.
  3. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

OMG...:(:(:(...what a tragedy and a reminder of how unpredictable life is...so young :(:(:(...may God give strength to the victims and their families...praying for them all...

Thank you for informing us Anke.

MaryAnnK and phul thank this.
  4. phul

She Shall Overcome

Wed Mar 28 2012, 02:40 hrs

Animator Charu Khandal fights for life in a Mumbai hospital even as friends emphasise her resilience.
    “It takes immense strength and willpower to be bedridden with such near-fatal injuries and yet laugh and reassure your loved ones that you will soon be back on your feet.” These are the moving words that a close friend uses to describe Charu Khandal, now better known as the animator of Ra.One, who sustained severe injuries on Saturday night in an accident when a car rammed into the auto-rickshaw she was travelling in. “Charu has a strong will to live and that is what will help her survive,” said a friend referring to her brief conversation with Khandal when she was out of coma for a while on Monday.
    A Jaipur girl, Khandal is the eldest of four siblings and the one with creative leanings in a family of academicians. Good at painting and sketching, she chose to pursue animation. In 2007, she moved to Delhi where she studied animation at the Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics. Following a good performance at the academy, she was transferred to its Mumbai office in 2009. Her stint with Shah Rukh Khan’s production house Red Chillies Entertainment began with Ra.One, where she was hired as part of Ra.One’s VFX team. Highly adventurous, she would take off for trips to the outskirts of Mumbai almost every weekend. “We are both from Jaipur but it is in Mumbai that I met her and we bonded over many such treks,” reminisces Nikhil Kashyap, a publicist friend, who has known her for three years. What breaks his heart, he says, is that the 28-year-old may never be able to walk again.
    Her fiance, Sagar Thacker, whom she met two years ago, confirms that they were planning to get engaged soon and the wedding was planned by this year-end. Too disturbed to talk further, he said that he is by Khandal’s side, hoping for her speedy recovery. The animator’s treatment is on but the medical expenses remain a big concern for the Khandal family, added a friend. While some senior officials from Red Chillies have visited her in the hospital, the company, as part of their policy, has asked the employees to refrain from speaking to the media.
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/she-shall-overcome/929126/2

5. K

This is very good news...praying she continues on the path to recovery.:pray:

Thanks for keeping us informed Anke.

phul says thanks.
  6. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

that's very sad :( wish her fast recovery and strength for her and her family.

phul says thanks.
  7. phul

Shahrukh Khan prays for ‘RA.One’ animator Charu Khandal’s recovery

March 28th, 2012

Superstar Shahrukh Khan says he will go and meet Charu Khandal, the animator for his film RA.One, who is battling for life after meeting with an accident. The actor said he will pray for her recovery. Charu is battling for life after a speeding car, with an allegedly drunk driver at the wheel, rammed into the autorickshaw in which she was travelling with her sister and a friend. The 26-year-old suffered multiple fractures and injuries to her spinal cord in the accident early Sunday. “Yeah, it’s very unfortunate. I have been in touch with the office. I will go and take a look at her. I will pray that Allah makes her all right soon,” the 46-year-old told reporters at the airport after returning from London where he was shooting for Yash Raj Films’ untitled film with Katrina Kaif.
    When asked about the film, Shah Rukh said he is happy with the progress. “The film is nice. It’s going on well. When it will come out, you will see,” said SRK who has teamed up with Katrina for the first time in the movie, which also stars Anushka Sharma. Yash Chopra has donned the director’s hat after eight years for the film. His last directorial venture was 2004 cross-border romance Veer-Zaara.
    http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-g...-for-ra-one-animator-charu-khandals-recovery/

MaryAnnK, Wafa and Rayhana thank this.
  8. phul

Shah Rukh Khan visits Ra.One animator in hospital

Published: Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012, 22:43 IST
    Place: Mumbai | Agency: PTI

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan on Wednesday visited Charu Khandal, the young National Award-winning animator who is recuperating at a hospital in Mumbai after suffering serious injuries in a road accident.
    Charu is battling for life in Kokilaben Hospital in suburban Andheri after a car rammed into the autorickshaw in which she was travelling last week.
    The 28-year-old won the National Award for special effects in Shahrukh-starrer sci-fi superhero thriller Ra.One.
    The actor had come alone to the hospital and was there for about an hour. He left without speaking to themedia.
    http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_shah-rukh-khan-visits-ra-one-animator-in-hospital_1668682

9. phul

Thats great that Shah Rukh has visited her. Shah Rukh is really such a wonderful Man. I hope Shah Rukhs Visit and the Love of her Love Ones will give Charu strengh. :pray: I read her Survical Bone is broken. :( Here in this Article.
    Shahrukh Khan to meet Ra.One animator Charu Khandal today

Posted by Kanchana Devi on March 28, 2012

Mumbai, March 28 (TruthDive): Superstar Shahrukh Khan returned from London after finishing the shooting of YRF’s untitled movie. SRK, at the airport said he will meet Charu Khandal, the animator for his Ra.One who is battling for life after meeting with an accident and that he will pray for her recovery.
    Charu Khandal is battling for life at a hospital in Mumbai after a car rammed into the auto rickshaw in which she was travelling along with her sister and a friend. The 26-year-old suffered multiple fractures and injuries to her spinal cord in the accident early Sunday.
    Charu Khandal had thrown a party on Saturday at a pub in Juhu Tara Road, a posh area in the western suburbs, after the team she headed for the film won a National Award for special effects.
    Shahrukh Khan said, “Yeah, it’s very unfortunate. I have been in touch with the office. I will go and take a look at her. I will pray that Allah makes her alright soon.”
    “Charu’s condition is very critical…she has broken her survical bone. The doctors are waiting for a couple of days to let her be stable, to be able to operate her. She’s a strong girl. And we’re hopeful,” says Charu’s fiance Sagar Thakkar, who looked visibly upset.
    Molly Singh, Charu’s friend is sure her friend will survive. “She’s very strong, after her accident she called her fiance and told him about the whole incident. I am very impressed by the way she is going about it. She told me that we will party very soon. I am sure she’ll rock,” she said.
    Charu Khandal’s parents, who arrived in the city from Jaipur on Sunday, are in a state of shock.
    “She wanted to make it big and was getting there with the success of RA.One, until a drunk man rendered her bedridden for life,” said Mauli Singh, a friend.
    http://truthdive.com/2012/03/28/shahrukh-khan-to-meet-ra-one-animator-charu-khandal-today.html

MaryAnnK, Rayhana and Anjali72 thank this.
  10. phul

Shah Rukh Khan visits award-winning animator Charu Khandal in hospital

NDTV Correspondent, Updated: March 28, 2012 21:48 IST

[​IMG]
    Mumbai: Actor Shah Rukh Khan today visited award-winning animator Charu Khandal who is battling for her life in a Mumbai hospital after meeting with a horrific accident on Sunday. Ms Khandal had worked on the special effects for Shah Rukh's last release, Ra.One, that fetched her the National Award.

28-year-old Khandal, who works as an animator in a production house, suffered serious injuries to her spine after the auto rickshaw she was traveling in was hit by a speeding Honda City on the wee hours of Sunday. She was returning home after having dinner at Juhu with her sister Ritu Khandal, and friend Vikrant Goel, when the mishap occurred at an intersection in Oshiwara. Ms Khandal's sister escaped with minor injuries. Mr Goel, who was also injured, is under observation at the hospital.

Ms Khandal's condition is stated to be critical. Doctors have been unable to operate on her since her spine is swollen.

Meanwhile, the police have booked the driver of the car Manoj Kumar Gautam, a Lokhandwala resident, for rash driving and driving in a drunken state under Section 304A and 304-II of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). But the Holiday Court granted him bail on Sunday.

Angered over Mr Gautam's bail, family members and friends of Ms Khandal have begun a campaign on Facebook.

Ms Khandal was due to be engaged next month. Her sister is a sales manager in a four-star hotel while Mr Goel is a manager in a five-star hotel in the city.
    http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/...ing-animator-charu-khandal-in-hospital-191164

MaryAnnK, Rayhana and precious_ain thank this.
  11. phul

Shahrukh Khan’s RA.One animator Charu to undergo surgery today

March 29th, 2012

Charu Khandal, who recently won the National Award for her cutting-edge animation in Shahrukh Khan’s ambitious superhero film, RA.One, met with an unfortunate road accident. A speeding car, with an allegedly drunk driver at the wheel, rammed into the autorickshaw in which she was travelling with her sister and a friend. She suffered multiple fractures and injuries to her spinal cord in the accident but was never in coma. We heard that there has been no body movement, but her brain is active. She can see, talk and is aware of what is happening around her.”There was a slight movement in her shoulder from yesterday evening, which is a very good sign,” our source said. Her fiance, Sagar Thackar, along with his family members are in the hospital, running around and taking care of everything. Charu will undergo major a surgery today. The surgery was supposed to happen at 7:30 in the morning but it got a little delayed. We hope and pray that the talented girl gets well soon. Leave your wishes here.
    http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-g...aone-animator-charu-to-undergo-surgery-today/

12. phul

SRK visits 'RaOne' animator Charu in hospital

Submitted by neera on Thu, 2012-03-29 17:15 Last edited by Abhinandan Thamanon Thu, 2012-03-29 20:57

Renowned Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan visited Charu Khandal at the Kokilaben Ambani hospital Wednesday, where the animator she is fighting for life after a recent road accident.

[​IMG]

SRK visits Charu
    King Khan landed in Mumbia on Tuesday after a month’s shooting in London for Yash Raj's untitled film with Katrina Kaif.
    He had said at the airport about Charu, “It’s very unfortunate. I have been in touch with the office. I will go and take a look at her. I will pray that Allah makes her all right soon.”
    The superstar visited Charu and also spent around an hour talking with doctors and her grieving family.
    "She will be back to work soon," he told the mother, and reiterated that "everything will be all right."
    The actor-producer who came alone to the hospital left without speaking to the media waiting outside.

The incident
    The young animator who won the National Award for special effects in Shahrukh’s sci-fi superhero thriller `Ra.One', was grievously injured in a road accident on March 25th 2012.
    The mishap occurred at the intersection of Oshiwara in the wee hours of Sunday, when the youngster was returning home after having dinner at a Juhu restaurant with her sister Ritu and friend Vikrant Goyal.
    A speeding car with an alleged drunk driver collided with the auto she was travelling in. The trio was immediately rushed to a hospital where they are all undergoing treatment.
    “The auto-rickshaw turned turtle, and Charu suffered injuries to her spinal cord; she is still critical. Goel was hurt in his spinal cord and ribs, while Ritu escaped with minor injuries,” said senior inspector Dilip Rupawate of the Oshiwara police.

Charu to undergo surgery today
    28-year-old Khandal has suffered multiple fractures in her head, spine and ribs, including her cervical bone, neck and legs. Her condition is stated to grave.
    Odds are Charu may be paralyzed even if she survives. She is likely to undergo a surgical procedure today.
    Charu’s close friend Mauli Singh said, “Charu will undergo major surgery today. The surgery was to happen at 7:30 in the morning but it got a little delayed. However, it will take place soon.
    She added, “Earlier she had swelling in her body and that is the reason the surgery was put on hold. Today, the doctors feel is the right day to conduct the surgery.”
    Meanwhile, the driver of the car Manoj Kumar Gautam, a Lokhandwala resident was booked for rash and negligent driving, but released on bail the next day.
    http://www.totalfilmy.com/feature/20120329/srk_visits_ra_one_animator_charu_hospital-35196.html

13. phul

‘RA.One’ animator Charu Khandal’s surgery successful

March 30th, 2012

Charu Khandal, who was in a critical condition after an allegedly drunk driver hit her, underwent neck surgery yesterday (March 29). The surgery has been successful and renewed hope for her full recovery. However, her friend Vikrant Goel’s condition is said to be still serious.
    Charu is an animator with Shahrukh Khan’s Red Chillies production house and is part of the team that won the National Film Award for Best Special Effects for the work they put in on RA.One. In fact, she and her friends were returning from a celebratory dinner when a black Honda City, allegedly being driven by a drunk driver, rammed into the rickshaw injuring the trio early Sunday at northwest Mumbai’s Oshiwara locality. Charu Khandal, 26, suffered multiple fractures and injuries to her spinal cord in the accident early Sunday (March 25). Her sister Ritu was stable as she suffered minor injuries as did the autorickshaw driver. Vikrant is reported to still be in a critical condition. Shahrukh Khan visited Charu and her family at the Kokilaben Ambani Hospital as soon as he returned to Mumbai from London. Charu was engaged to be married by the end of this year. The trio had just dropped off her fiance at his home before the accident occurred.
    http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip-buzz/ra-one-animator-charu-khandals-surgery-successful/

14. phul

SRK to help Charu Khandal financially

Hindustan Times
    New Delhi, March 30, 2012 First Published: 13:43 IST(30/3/2012) Last Updated: 14:14 IST(30/3/2012)

[​IMG]
    Shah Rukh Khan on Wednesday paid a visit to RA.One animator Charu Khandal at the Kokilaben Ambani hospital where she is battling for her life after an accident.
    more photos »
    Shah Rukh Khan will extend financial help to injured RA.One animator Charu Khandal through Red Chillies. The actor visited her at the hospital after he returned from YRF's London schedule.
    Earlier, the production house was unable to do so, as Khandal was not a contractual employee.
    SRK said he will pray for her recovery. "Yeah, it's very unfortunate. I have been in touch with the office. I will go and take a look at her. I will pray that Allah makes her alright soon," the 46-year-old had told reporters at the airport.

[​IMG]
    RA.One animator Charu Khandal
    When asked about this, Charu's sister Ritu says, "I can't comment on this right now, but I would like to thank the doctors and Red Chillies Entertainment. From the time the acccident has happened, somebody or the other from the company is always by my sister's side. Moral support is also a big thing."

Charu is battling for life after a speeding car, with an allegedly drunk driver at the wheel, rammed into the autorickshaw in which she was travelling with her sister and a friend. The 26-year-old suffered multiple fractures and injuries to her spinal cord in the accident early Sunday.

She also underwent her first surgery on Thursday, which was successful.
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/Enter...haru-Khandal-financially/Article1-832942.aspx

15. phul

Three days after Charu Khandal, 28, underwent a surgery, she has been diagnosed with quadriplegia — her body is paralysed neck down

Mumbai, April 01, 2012

Three days after Charu Khandal, 28, underwent a surgery, she has been diagnosed with quadriplegia — her body is paralysed neck down, said Dr Ram Narain, executive director, Kokilaben hospital.
    Khandal was injured on March 24 when a drunk driver hit the autorickshaw she was travellling

in with her sister and a friend. She sustained multiple fractures to her vertebrae and injured spinal cord in the cervical or neck region. Her friend Vikrant Goyal was also injured and is recuperating in the same hospital. “She is off all sedation and is conscious. She can recognise her friends and family. Although she is on ventilator right now, we will try to wean her off the ventilator from Monday. We will also try to mobilise her and see if she can be made to sit. As of now she does not have sensation below neck region. It is going to be a long haul,” said Dr Narain.
    Meanwhile, her friends have created a Facebook page to garner support against drink driving so that no one else is subjected to a similar fate again. The page now has over 850 subscribers.
    “Charu has every right to live. Who gave that drunk man the right to decide otherwise for her? Who gave him the right to decide that she’ll spend the rest of her life bedridden? All her dreams, her desires have been crushed.
    This Facebook page is to create awareness against drink driving so that no one else falls prey to such destiny again,” said Mauli Singh, Khandal’s friend. Her friends say that they hope that Charu’s case is not forgotten and that people uphold her fight for justice until concrete measures are taken by the authorities.
    “Charu is not the first such victim. We are hoping that people do not dismiss this issue with time and support the cause so that no other man gets the right to deprive an innocent person of her right to live again. Laws need to be changed and the accused should be punished appropriately,” said Esha Lepcha, another friend of the animator.
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/India...h-had-open-heart-surgery/Article1-833718.aspx

I have used 1 of the Sentences as Titel. It seems HT had mixed up the incidents and used wrong Titel here. Their Titel
    refers to a Accident happen on Saturday in Juhu. For all who wants know what was happen. A Grupp of Young People had a crash. They was on their Way back Home. They had partied in a Club and the Driver was drunken. They ramed a Tree and then a Triksha. Some of them are still critical and a 18 year old Girl lost her Life.(May Good bless her Soul :pray: :( )

16. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Keep her in your prayers. Miracles can happen through prayer and we are many here! Lots of prayers for her and her family. :pray:

Anjali72 and phul thank this.
  17. K

Heartbreaking.:( But I completely agree, miracles do happen and we will continue to pray for her...:pray:

Thanks Anke.

MaryAnnK and phul thank this.
  18. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

:( may God give her and her family strength to get through this terrible time :pray:

phul says thanks.
  19. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to find the Facebook site her friends have set up for her? When I do searches, I just come up with her site.

phul says thanks.
  20. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Such a tragedy! :( Drunk drivers are really among the scum of the earth.. :mad:

phul says thanks.