1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

RA-1 - RELEASE DATE INFORMATION

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by DianaDimple, Aug 31, 2010.

1. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

But he's still saying June, isn't he?
    Oh I am so disappointed that its such a long way away.
    For some reason I was sure the release was to be the beginning of the year.
    :frusty:

2. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

You have to keep reminded that this is a very technical film and the time that studios put into the post production is amazing. There is soooo much that has to be done on computer after the live shots are completed. I do not want him to rush the project. We need it to be done well to meet the needs of the audience and not jinx him by wanting to see it sooner. I am sitting back and patiently waiting. I want to see a good sci-fi done by Shah Rukh that will just blow the world away.

3. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

I FULL ON Agree with @MaryAnnk I dont want to him rush the film just for US but even if he releases it in August I dont mind BUT i know that I will get a BEST SciFi film to watch, He has said from starting that it will take 6-7 Months for Post productions (even in D'Decor Press Conference recently)....bcoz of all new technology been used and yeah its a Action film too, also if we notice they have used lods of Chroma screens too.

Ah!!. I know that its a long WAIT But I know it will worth watching after that!...and YES he says that it will around June.Inshah Allah!

4. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Special Defects
    SRK’s next, already in the shadow of Robot’s astounding success, has been postponed to next Diwali, so that King Khan can buy the best SFX money can buy

Kunal M Shah

Posted On Monday, November 15, 2010 at 03:11:00 AM

Fans of King Khan, who are eagerly awaiting the release of his next film, might have to wait even more as RA.One has now been pushed to a Diwali 2011 release.

The film was scheduled to be released in June next year. However it seems that the SFX won’t be complete by then.

Our source said, “RA.One is Shah Rukh’s most ambitious film till date. He is leaving no stone unturned for the production values of the film.

Already there are strong rumours that Rajni’s Robot is similar to RA.One; it is a known fact that SRK was the one who was scheduled to star in Robot before he had differences with Shanker and Shanker went on to make the film with Rajnikanth.

Now people are saying that both the films have lots of similarities. That apart, Robot is already a huge hit and the SFX of the film are being talked about. Keeping all this in mind, SRK wants the film to be nothing less than the best.

He will not settle for anything but the best and he wants the special effects of the film to be of the top order, making it a technical feat in Bollywood.

SRK himself had tweeted that the film will release on June 3 sometime ago but he now knows that it is not going to be possible. The SFX will take time.”

A still from RA.One

The source further said, “The next deadline has been set for October end, which will be during Diwali.

The film also stars SRK and Kareena, both sharing screen time with one another after a long gap.

They worked in Asoka together and after that Kareena did a couple of songs in Don and Billu with SRK. The team of Red Chillies is trying to meet this deadline.”

SRK remained unavailable for comments. Wonder if he was watching Christopher Nolan’s Inception.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/20101115201011150310592852d6a6ca8/Special-Defects.html

5. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

you know what, the media should stop with their stupid and illogical assumptions, they have the worst brains than a baby's. i guess those who are journalists are those whose brains are less than 1 cm. :mad:

6. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

SRK's Ra.One to release next Diwali

New Delhi, November 15, 2010First Published: 12:58 IST(15/11/2010)
    Last Updated: 20:21 IST(15/11/2010)Share more...4 Comments Email print

Post Golmaal 3 success, it seems Shah Rukh Khan has realised the importance of having a festival release. That's probably why he has postponed his ambitious venture Ra.One to next Diwali. The film was earlier scheduled to be released in June next year. However, it seems that the related stories
    SRK not driving fastest car in Ra.One
    SFX won’t be complete by then.

A source told Mumbai Mirror, "Ra.One is Shah Rukh’s most ambitious film till date. He is leaving no stone unturned for the production values of the film."

SRK apparently also wants to dilute comparisons with Rajinikanth's Robot, that has released few months back. Keeping this in mind, the actor won't settle for anything less than perfect for his dream venture.

"SRK himself had tweeted that the film will release on June 3 sometime ago but he now knows that it is not going to be possible. The SFX will take time. The next deadline has been set for October end, which will be during Diwali," continues the source.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/enter...e-to-release-next-Diwali/Article1-626465.aspx

7. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

Love the Sense of humour with which Anubhav tried to reply the Q's people have been asking him of the Postpone of the release date of Ra.One...So True!!

RT @anubhavsinha Random thought. Not actually. 'Postponement is a function of scheduling. You can't postpone something you never scheduled' :)
    [ http://twitter.com/anubhavsinha/status/4261992483258368 ] Nov 15,2010

8. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

i dont mind whenever the release is, no rush for the Ra.One team
    my only problem is what am i going to do til then [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    i just really want new SRK films so badly [​IMG]

9. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

AW: RA-1 - RELEASE DATE INFORMATION

Shahrukh, Ajay & Akshay To Compete At The Box Office Next Diwali
    By Sampurn Media, 22 December, 2010

Shahrukh, Ajay & Akshay To Compete At The Box Office Next DiwaliDiwali has always remained a popular target for the release of the big budget Bollywood films. Filmmakers and stars always look forward to have a release date around Diwali because the moviegoers usually stay in holiday mood at that time and love spending time watching movies.

There is no exception in this trend in the 2011 Diwali as there are three films, which have already lined up for the festive release. Shah Rukh Khan’s much talked sci-fi movie Ra.One is all set to release at that time and now we hear that Ajay Devgn’s Bol Bachan and Akshay Kumar’s Joker has also set the release date during Diwali. It means there is going to be a tough competition between these three A-lister stars.

However, there is buzz that SRK is asking for a fresh date for his film’s release citing the delay due to SFX work. Initially, King Khan planned to shoot some scenes with multiple effects but Rajinikanth starrer Robot has already used these effects. So, SRK is now planning to come out some other effects so that people can differentiate his film from the already hit Robot. But considering the huge budget of Ra.One, there is very little chance of the movie being released anytime other than Diwali.

It will definitely demoralize the enthusiasm of the Ajay and Akshay fans because Ra.One is supposed to be one of the biggest films of Indian cinema with all never used special effects.

http://www.filmicafe.com/news_detail.php?news_id=17281

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  10. mumbiene

Rohit Shetty smitten by SRK
    TNN, Feb 13, 2011, 12.00am IST

One would have imagined only women are crazy about Shah Rukh Khan. It appears that even the men are smitten by him.

Director Rohit Shetty, who believes that Diwali is lucky for him and invariably has a release on that date (the Golmaal series, All the Best), was originally planning to bring his Bol Bachchan on Diwali this year. However, when he realised that his current favourite SRK is coming out with RA.One on Diwali, Rohit quietly postponed his film to a later date.

Says a trade source, "Rohit is going to be working with SRK on the Angoor remake in 2012. So he is ready to bend backwards to please the Badshah of Bollywood. Besides the G-3 director is said to be floored by SRK's charm."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-by-SRK/articleshow/7487401.cms#ixzz1Dr8R7qd8

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  11. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

no i have never imagined that. only you guys in the stupid media :)
    i know plenty of guys who are almost as crazy for SRK as i am :D

ugh, so Angoor remake is on, guess i will have to get excited for it now
    start by watching the original :lol:

12. hanaa

hanaa Well-Known Member

@taran_adarsh

News Break: 'Ra.One' confirmed for 26 October [Diwali; Wednesday].

Wafa, phul and mumbiene thank this.
  13. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Fingers crossed!

14. mumbiene

Great news, thanks a lot hanaa!:hug:

15. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

16. Amarkanth Varma

Amarkanth Varma Active Member

Did/does anybody doubt that SRK would/will NOT try to do everything possible to keep the Diwali-release?

17. jg2k

jg2k The.One

@ Amar - Other than the media may be? ;)

18. TeraMeraDil

TeraMeraDil Active Member

Wowwy that's so long! So does that mean we can expect a trailer in August at the earliest? It's been such a long time since SRK has been on the big screen! I miss him :(

19. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

I think mid-August is confirmed for a trailer and more posters/photos before that...looking back at OSO time, that's what I am thinking.

20. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

we need more holidays as big as Diwali in India :p just for the film industry's sake....
    it takes about 6 months to complete post production etc.. but to drag it for more than 10 months will require a lot of forbearance and tranquility by fans to hang loose, something most of us desperately lack when it comes to SRK films :D