1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

RA-1 - RELEASE DATE INFORMATION

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by DianaDimple, Aug 31, 2010.

1. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Most possibly, the release date will keep on changing so we can post ALL lates info about release date in this thread.
    ====================================

News Break: 'Ra.One' release confirmed Click here to add this article to My Clips
    By Taran Adarsh, August 31, 2010 - 13:26 IST

Ra.One The producers of the much-awaited RA.ONE, starring Shah Rukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Arjun Rampal, have finalized the date of release: 3rd June, 2011. The film will arrive soon after the IPL cricket matches next year. Remember you read this on Bollywood Hungama FIRST.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2010/08/31/14537/index.html

2. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

AW: RA-1 - RELEASE DATE INFORMATION

Oh, great news,:)
    thanks Diana!:thumb:

3. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

3rd JUNE 2011? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

4. mumbiene

the 3 june is on friday,that`s great,:)
    hope that the premiere is in london!:clap2:

5. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

why JUNE?????
    has he gone crazy?? that's just a SUPER AWFUL TIMING.
    The movie is made keeping kids in mind..and by June all summer vacations are over here in India.
    VERY VERY VERY BAD DECISION! he has loads at stake..i think he should just think over it again..i am just so disappointed..DIWALI next year would have been the ideal release time.

6. nadee_7

nadee_7 Active Member

^ then it would have been too near DON 2...

this way it will release right after IPL and i think its good :)

7. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

no Nadee..trust me its a very bad idea.. Oso and CDI released very close to each other but both did bumper business. both released in holiday season..one on independence day and the other in Diwali..with just 2 moths in between their release dates.
    Ra.1 in Oct and Don2 in December would have been the best for both the movies. I am really really worried now :( :(
    Srk is consistently taking bad decisions(regarding release dates) ..Billu, MNIK and now Ra.1 :( :( :(

8. Number8

Number8 Well-Known Member

I dont think release date has that big importance, if the film is really good it'll work no matter when is released. And I think we dont want to wait more than that to see Ra.One!!

9. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

i think that a summer release date is good...its a great time to have an action flick release..idk about india but in the US the best movies come out in the summer!

10. mumbiene

SRK, Kareena's Ra.One on June 3, 2011

NDTVMovies.com
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 (New Delhi)

Bollywood's much-talked about Shah Rukh Khan-Kareena Kapoor starrer Ra.One is going to release on June 3, 2011.

Ra.One directed by Anubhav Sinha is a sci-fi. SRK plays the role of a super hero for the first time.

Shah Rukh plays the role of a videogame designer-turned-superhero called G.One/Jeevan.

Kareena Kapoor plays SRK's love interest in the film.

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story....+NDTVMovies+(NDTV+Movies)&utm_content=Twitter

11. teelai

teelai Aunty

June 2011 ...... seems to be an eternity !!!

12. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

Re: AW: RA-1 - RELEASE DATE INFORMATION

that is my only problem too

as for timing, i think its perfect because june is summer holidays or nearing summer holidays in a lot of other places
    plus june being a scool term in india has never stopped people from going to watch a movie before

13. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Holidays can seem more favorable in India but I guess nowadays school/work aren't factors which can stop the audience from going for a good movie. The packaging, content and promotion will make the biggest difference...

14. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

oh i like juneee!! it's going be hot outside..and shah will be scorching up the screen inside!! :flame::flame: it's going to be the BIGGEST summer BLOCKBUSTER!! :dance::dance:
    and after kids' exams.. after IPL.. this is perfecto!! :thumb: and it might be during their holidays too.. i know my cousins vacations go from end of may to end of june.. so yay!! :cheer2::cheer2:
    enough time for promotions and 6 more months from then until don 2... yeaaaah baby!! :cool::

15. mumbiene

Ra. One set for a June 2011 releaseNew Delhi, August 31, 2010First Published: 17:29

The super-hero action flick Ra.One starring Shah Rukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor will be releasing on June 13 next year. The film is scheduled to release after the IPL cricket matches. SRK will play a super-hero who is made of solid electricity, and his and his name is G.One. He comes to the real world from a related stories
    virtual one to fight Ra.One, the evil force. He is the Good One, that's why for short, his name is G.One, which also stands for 'Life' in Hindi," SRK told HT Cafe.

The villain Ra.One, is played by actor Arjun Rampal, who last worked with SRK in Don. Rampal has worked on his performance and look for the film. He will be seen sporting a whole new look for the film. Kareena Kapoor plays the female lead and has been cast opposite SRK in the film.

SRK promises a lot to look forward to, including world-class technology. "I can vouch for the fact that it's never been used in Indian cinema before," Khan asserts, adding, "Whether it's the action or the visual effects, cinematography or the background work, musically and visually, it's the first time you'll see something like this in our cinema," the actor said. Rampal too, feels the film is a path-breaking sci-fi thriller that will really appeal to kids.

The film has been directed by Anubhav Sinha and has partially been shot in India and partly in London.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Ra-One-set-for-a-June-2011-release/Article1-594307.aspx

16. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

i'm sooooo fine with every release date :flame::target::target:

17. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

will i dont knew we need to ask srk himself :madgrin:
    as mama ela said
    ANY DAY ITS FINE :D

18. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

AW: Re: RA-1 - RELEASE DATE INFORMATION

:humble: thank you!! :humble:
    :p

19. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

I m happy with that release date too as my grade 12 will get over on May 18th...
    i think the date doesnt matter but the content of the movie will be great and if kids like they will go and watch it and WE TOOOO!!..hehe!
    I am sure as Kareena rightly put it that" its gonna be a Huge SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER"...:D
    Cant wait...but TRUE!..that 3rd June seems to be like forever!!....ah!!

I still doubt the release date of Raone though , as I am a part of @RaOneFanClub we have sent him a DM asking to confirm about the RaOne release News is False or TRUE!

20. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

Guys the RaOne release date is a false NEWS..its JUST A RUMOUR.
    ShahRukh confirmed it on TWITTER Right NOW!!

RT @iamsrk nice to know that the release date for ra.one has been fixed by someone...somewhere. maybe they can now come and finish it as well..ha ha. -->
    [ http://twitter.com/iamsrk/status/22652226294 ]

RT @iamsrk will work backwards in terms of post production and announce the release date in tandem with office guys.should be around june insha allah -->
    [ http://twitter.com/iamsrk/status/22653229354 ]

LOL...his sense of humour is the BEST with it..hehe!.:D..BUT Guys NOW its CONFIRMED That the release Date is FALSE!...