Prayag Film City signs Shahrukh Khan as brand ambassador

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by phul, Apr 4, 2012.

1. phul SRK my heart my soul

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Anke :)
    Prayag Film City signs Shahrukh Khan as brand ambassador

April 4, 2012 06:02:26 PM IST
    Glamsham Editorial

Business house Prayag Group today announced actor Shahrukh Khan as the brand ambassador of its state-of-the-art filmmaking arena Prayag Film City.

On completion, the Rs.1000 cr project is envisaged across a projected area of 2,700 acres, Prayag Film City will be a mega size integrated film city complex and a one-stop entertainment destination to be opened to the public in two phases at Chandrakona, West Midnapore, 165 kms from Kolkata.

[​IMG]

"I belong to the industry and projects like this build its future; so I'm very happy to be the ambassador for Prayag Film City," said SRK.

CHECK OUT: Shahrukh Khan is always my first choice, says Vinod Chopra

Designed by Bollywood art director Nitish Roy, the big bang Phase I opening of the Film City is slated for 15th April.

Avik Bagchi, Managing Director, Prayag Group said, "I am optimistic that the project will stand out with a difference, nationally and internationally backed by its innovation and technical superiority, finding its distinctive position in the global entertainment circuit."
    http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoo...city-signs-srk-as-brand-ambassador-041211.asp
  2. Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. mumbiene Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Marlies
    Shah Rukh Khan supports Rs 1000-crore project!

TNN | Apr 4, 2012, 06.00PM IST
    Actor Shah Rukh Khan is the brand ambassador of Kolkata, what with him owning the Kolkata IPL team - Kolkata Knight Riders - and making it a brand to reckon with. Now there's more...

With the IPL season on in full swing, SRK finds himself closer to the city as he gets on board as brand ambassador of the Rs 1000-crore project - Prayag Film City, a project that will support the Indian film industry as well as the tourism industry.

Shah Rukh Khan says 'I belong to the industry and projects like this build its future; so I'm very happy to be the ambassador of Prayag Film City.'

Prayag Group, with diverse interests in infrastructure, hospitality and film production, announced its first of its kind state-of-the-art film making arena in Asia. Prayag Film City, on completion, is envisaged across a projected area of 2,700 acres. It will be a mega size integrated film city complex and a one-stop entertainment destination to be opened to the public in two phases at Chandrakona, West Midnapore, 165 kms from Kolkata in West Bengal.

Designed by eminent Bollywood art director Nitish Roy, the big bang Phase I opening of the Film City is slated for 15th April, 2012. Mr. Avik Bagchi, Managing Director, Prayag Group said, "The Indian Film Industry which is regarded as one of the largest of its kind in the world is poised for more growth, it is eminent that significant infrastructural overhaul is the need of the hour to sustain rapid development of the industry. We are delighted to understand that this mega project comes up just at this juncture when the entire film industry looks up to better facilities, comfort and convenience in order to create and showcase more quality products worldwide. The Film City is also a representation of our humble approach to demonstrate our state's visionary ability to become a prominent destination as a tourism hub. I am optimistic that the project will stand out with a difference nationally and internationally backed by its innovation and technical superiority, finding its distinctive position in the global entertainment circuit."
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s-1000-crore-project/articleshow/12535359.cms
  4. prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    wooo.. i am sooo liking this slicked back hair! :flame::flame:
    very Bond! :madgrin:
  5. mumbiene Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Marlies
    Shah Rukh Says He Didn't Imagine Staying In Films So Long
    PTI [ Updated 15 Apr 2012, 16:48:18 ]
    Chandrakona Road (WB), Apr 15: Superstar Shahrukh Khan today said he never imagined that he would be able to survive in the film industry for such a long time - a good 21 years - and ascribed his long innings to greater opportunities available in the country now.

“Because our country is progressing so fast, a lot of people like me, who perhaps don’t even deserve it, get a lot more opportunities than what actors and stars got in years past,” the star, who just received the prestigious Chubb fellowship by the Yale University in the US, said.

He was speaking at the inauguration of the first phase of Prayag Film City here in West Midnapore district as the brand ambassador of the film city.

“I come from a lower middle class background and for the last 30 years it has been my habit to work for 18-20 hours a day. Through my hard work I try to make the life of my family better,” he said.

Asked if he was drifting towards entrepreneurship from acting, SRK said he considers himself just as an actor.

“I am hardly an entrepreneur. I don’t even think of myself as a star. I only try to make a difference in the world with my acting,” he said.

Describing acting and sports as two of his passions, he said, “Whatever I do, promotions and other things, they are offshoots and ancilliaries”.

Emphasising the importance of a film city, he said he had always wondered why a country like India, which makes the largest number of films worldwide, does not have world-class infrastructure and facilities.

"The biggest dream of my life has always been to try and make an international class studio for this country, not for profit, but for the fact that India makes the maximum number of films that are seen around the world," he said.

He said the Prayag Film City is going to be a "wonder of the world".

He went on to say that hopefully next year he can come and shoot one of his films in the film city.

"If it were ready, I would shoot here the new film that I am going to begin," he said, describing West Bengal as the most creative area "the country has historically" in terms of
    literature, poetry, theatre, music and sports.

The Prayag Film City, promoted by the Prayag Group, is a state-of-the-art integrated film city which will also house an amusement park. It will be thrown open to filmmakers and
    tourists later this year.

Planned as a one-stop destination for filmmakers, Prayag Film City is spread over a sprawling campus of 2,700 acres at Chandrakona, 165 km away from Kolkata.

It has sound-proof studio floors for outdoor shooting locations, a helipad, railway station with bogies, golf course, swimming pool, water bodies, tree-house, restaurants, cottages, manicured parks and other facilities.

http://www.indiatvnews.com/entertai...Rukh_Says_He_Didn_t_Imagine_Staying-4018.html
  6. mumbiene Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Marlies
    Shah Rukh Khan inaugurates the Prayag Film City in Chandrakona

Mumbai Mirror | Apr 16, 2012, 11.46AM IST

1​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Shah Rukh Khan
    Shah Rukh Khan's love for Kolkata surely goes beyond his IPL cricket team. The actor inaugurated the first private film city in Bengal - the Prayag Film City in Chandrakona in Midnapore district, 165 km from main city Kolkata on Saturday.
    Khan launched the first phase of the project, an integrated film city complex and one-stop entertainment destination across 2,700 acres. Designed by eminent Bollywood art director Nitish Roy, the complex will be built by the Prayag Group over two phases for a budget of approximately Rs 1000 crore. Shah Rukh, who also endorses West Bengal tourism, will be the official brand ambassador for the complex. Reminding us of his entry in Karan Johar's Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, Shah Rukh arrived in Chandrakona by a private helicopter at 12.15 pm where over 10,000 fans awaited the star. After inaugurating the Film City, Shahrukh told the Kolkata media, "I have developed a close association with Bengal for the last few years. It all started with Knight Riders and it had cemented further. I think this kind of Film City will help boost the entertainment industry in Bengal. In the open outdoor section of the Film City, Shahrukh performed on Chhammak Chhalolater.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-City-in-Chandrakona/articleshow/12686369.cms
    Rayhana and RizwanaShahrukh thank this.
  7. Rayhana Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I am an actor, not an entrepreneur: Shah Rukh Khan

Kolkata: Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan who co-owns the Kolkata Knight Riders IPL franchisee and runs a film production house, Sunday said he was not an entrepreneur but an actor who endeavors to make a difference with his acting.

"I am hardly an entrepreneur. I don't even think of myself as a star. I see myself as someone who is trying to make a difference with his acting," said Khan addressing the media at the inauguration of Prayag Film City (PFC) in West Midnapore's Chandrakona, some 130 km from here.

"I come from a middle-class background. I like to work 18-20 hours a day and for the last 30 years I have been following this schedule. I have two passions: sports and film making. I have a production house and a cricket franchisee," said Khan.

Khan, who was present at the curtain raiser of the phase-1 of the sprawling PFC, said the facility will make a difference to the art of film making not only in eastern India but to the entire film fraternity of the country.

"I feel the film city will become a one stop film making centre where you come with a good story and go out with a great film." He has also been signed in as the brand ambassador the PFC.

The actor also regaled the gathering with some of his famous dialogues from his films 'Don', 'Baazigar' and 'Devdas' and danced to a popular song from the movie 'Ra-One'.
    http://ibnlive.in.com/news/i-am-an-actor-not-an-entrepreneur-shah-rukh-khan/248911-8-66.html
    mumbiene says thanks.
  8. mumbiene Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Marlies
    Shah Rukh mania grips Bengal village

Sujoy Khanra, TNN | Apr 16, 2012, 04.35AM IST
    CHANDRAKONA ROAD (WEST MIDNAPORE): The quaint little village of Duki had a brush with fame on Sunday when Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan stepped into the village for the preview of a film city. With hundreds of people thronging the village and choking the streets to catch a glimpse of their favourite hero, Duki became a centre of attention since the wee hours of Sunday morning.
    The quaint little village called Duki suddenly became the centre of attraction since the wee hours of Sunday morning. None less than Shah Rukh Khan was to step into the village to inaugurate a film city that has been in the making since 2008. And when he did, it was like a fairy tale come true as for kilometers ahead of the venue, people dotted the streets, just for a glimpse of their favourite hero.
    Spread over an area of 2500 acres, Prayag Film City, as it has been christened, is being touted as one of the biggest in the country. Right from heritage buildings, theme parks, waterbodies to a helipad, hotels, temples and a station with an engine and a few bogies, the film city has every possible outdoor location for film shoots. Not only does it have all modern amenities, but directors can also process their films here. Plans are underway to build miniatures of the seven wonders of the world. The film city will be ready for use by the end of this year.
    Prayag Film City as it has been christened, is spread over 2500 acres and is being touted as one of the biggest in the country, with all modern amenities for film units to shoot and even process their films. So right from heritage buildings, theme parks, waterbodies complete with chutes and scooties, a helipad, a station with an engine and a few bogies, star hotels, temples etc, you had almost every outdoor locational possibility ready. There's much more to be done like miniatures of the seven wonders of the world. Work is under way and these should be ready before the year is out.
    "I am impressed with what I see and am looking forward to shooting here," said Shah Rukh amid cheers from his fans.
    Not the one to disappoint his admirers, the actor delivered some of his famous dialogues from Don, Baazigar and Devdas. When the locals requested him to show a few moves, SRK happily obliged and danced to a song from his superhero flick Ra One.
    He later delivered some dialogues from Don, Bazigaar and Devdas. Khan did nlot disappoint his fans when they requested him to dance and he danced a few steps on an open stage to a Ra One number.
    While the superstar bid adieu to his fans, inaugural celebrations continued till late into the night. Bollywood actors Govinda and Urmila Matondkar and singers Kunal Ganjawala and Zubin Garg enthralled the crowd with their performance. They were joined by Tollywood stars Rachna Banerjee and Jeet.
    Celebrations continued even after Khan left and went late into the night as the stage was later taken over by Govinda, Urmila Matondkar, Kunal Ganjawala, Zubin Garg and Tollywood actors like Rachna Banerjee and Jeet.
    "We are hopeful that Tollywood would find all its shooting requirements in our film city and will not have to go too far. This will save them a lot of money. We hope that Bollywood directors will also shoot their films here. We are in talks with top directors across the country," said Basudeb Bagchi, spokesperson of the film city.
    Didi's Delhi visit finally postponed the inauguration of country's largest film city at Chandrakona of West Midnapore on Sunday.Mamata Banerjee in different occasions had expressed that she is very ambitious on this Rs 1000 crore project and in her close circle she hinted that she wants to inaugurate the film city.
    According to earlier schedule didi supposed to inaugurate the project in presence of the Bengal brand ambassador Sharukh Khan. Due to her Delhi visit the schedule was changed but SRK reportedly made clear that his availability will be uncertain if the organisers change the date.
    In a hurry, in absence of Mamata Banerjee, state industry minister Partha Mukherjee was invited to inaugurate but Chatterjee preferred to stay away from the programme remembering didi's wish to open the grand project.So finally organisers took SRK at the project and officially it's a curtain raiser and the official inauguration will be soon through a high profile programme where CM and other ministers will be present, confirmed Avik Bagchi, MD Prayag group.Interestingly following the footprint of Chatterjee, none of TMC leaders of the district was seen in the venue.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...grips-Bengal-village/articleshow/12682690.cms
    Vegainko and Rayhana thank this.