Polish book on SRK in stores now

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Book Club' started by Bridget, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

This is from an article in Polish which was in the news today. I put it through an auto-translator to English so expect grammar errors. I am not sure if this is the book we know in English as the King of Bollywood but it probably is.

Bollywood king Shah Rukh Khan. This may be your
    12 November 2008
    [​IMG]

What is the phenomenon Bollywood? Why do fans get hysteria, watching movies with Shah Rukh Khan? Anupam Chopra's book is fascinating story about the life supergwiazdy Indian cinema and the world kulisach colored Bollywood. King's book "Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan from tomorrow will be on sale from today and I can win in the competition in Stopklatce.

Within fifteen years, Shah Rukh Khan has occurred in over fifty films, becoming the god of new, impressive in India. His posters are sold on the streets next dewocjonaliów. For his part, rises to temples. Ever since bollywoodzkie productions (from "Sometimes, the sun, sometimes rain" on the head) started to make an international career, his fans can be found throughout the world.

Shah Rukh Khan from childhood he loved the movie. After studying playing in the theater and on television, until they got to obracającego million film business - the land of fantastic dreams, but also systems and mafia money laundering. Soon it became not only one of the most popular actors Bollywoodu, but also recognizable brand - face a new society focused on consumption, embody the aspirations and contradictions of a complicated culture of the new India. It was he who showed Hindusom that ticket modernity is not in a position to undermine their Indian identity, they can remain faithful to its traditions and culture, while drawing fists full of western lifestyle.

Shah Rukh Khan is now an icon bollywoodzkiego film industry and global superstar surrounded histeryczną love the fans. Anupam Chopra's book tells not only of his life, but also a phenomenon and kulisach Bollywoodu. It is also a history of the country attempts to define their own identity and the film industry have changed the face of modern India.

Rarity for all the movies - Mira Nair, director Monsunowego weddings and namesake.

Mandatory reading for all fans of Shah Rukh Khan - Emma Thompson, actress.

Anu Chopra presents the decisive moments in the life of Shah Rukh Khan, building tension as the best bollywoodzkich hitach. - "Kirkus"

Anupama Chopra

Journalist, film critic, author of books about film. She studied journalism and English literature. In 2001 he won the National Film Award for Best Book on Cinema for a book 'Sholay: The Making of a Classic. " Her articles on Bollywoodu and Indian film industry also appeared in The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, "Variety" and "Sight & Sound." Now leads a weekly magazine film in the Indian NDTV television and movies reviews on łamach "India Today".

Anupama Chopra Bollywood knows from the inside - her husband Vidhu Vinod Chopra is a well-known Indian film director, scriptwriter and producer of the film (in 1979 was nominated for Oscar for the film documentary "An Encounter with Faces"), her sister Tanuja Chandra is a director, mother Kamna Chandra - Scriptwriter, and brother Vikram Chandra recognized writer and film scriptwriter. Mombaju and lives in Michigan.

STOPKLATKA BOOK IS media sponsor. If you are interested we invite you to participate in the contest, where you can win it.

http://www.stopklatka.pl/wydarzenia/wydarzenie.asp?wi=50382

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. Kalee

Kalee I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Poland, if your books have covers like this, then I'm a comin' baby!!:plane::eyebrows::whip:

On a normal note :lol:, this is amazing...no one could have imagined up until even a few years ago that Shah Rukh would have such a diverse fan following all around the world.:heart:

Thanks Bridget.:)

4. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint2:
    by the way, Aamir is amazing :)

5. pati

pati Well-Known Member

Yes I know! I will go tommorow to buy it!
    I'm so happy!
    It's amazing how popular Shahrukh is all over the world! He really is phenomenon!

Thanks Bridget! It's amazing, no matter in which language news is, you gave it to us!

6. mayoub

mayoub Well-Known Member

No..Salman is amazing..He is better than Aamir yaar..what are you talking about baby?..I'm wondering why any books haven't been published about Salman :( Why only Srk??:Cry: I also want to read Salman's biography..It's so bad that these bookwriters, are only focused on Srk..They should show some more importance to the other fantastic actors and actresses from the movie fraternity, just to show and be positive about other actors performances..After Srk, i can only think of Salman :love:

7. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

i agree sister :)
    its bad that they only write about ShahRukh :)
    there are other actors in bollywood who deserve to have books about them :)

8. mayoub

mayoub Well-Known Member

Yes yaar..It's really unfair..

9. Kate

Kate Member

HA!That's my country!:cool2::peace: :p

That's great!!Both of you can sleep in my house!!:eyebrows: Cool, na?
    LOL

Shahruuuukh, come to Poland!!Noooow! :p
    You promised that in Berlin, remember...:cool:

10. isabell

isabell Active Member

You're invited:)

The cover is amazing. Although I have the english version of the book I'm gonna buy this one as well. :rockon:

11. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

aww Kasia!! :kiss:
    well, unless you want a messy room.. then YEAH! count me in :lol:
    arre wah! :hug:
    cho chweet yaar! :hug:
    i will be at your house then Kasia's :lol:
    thank you :D
    just how amazing ShahRukh fans are! :D

12. semaay

semaay Senior Member

:rofl: You are killing me, Kalee! :pound:

It's amazing what SRK has achieved and what he contributed to the Indian cinema and culture :heart:. As Kalee said it who would have imagined some years ago, that there will the books on SRK will be translated in different languages such as Polish, German etc. And this makes me even more proud of being a fan of this wonderful man!

13. malinQa

malinQa Member

OMG, the text from auto-translator is hilarious :lol: ;)

I love the cover and I'm going to buy the book tommorow, though I heard, that translation is not good at all and original (english) text is much better... Well, if it's true I'll buy english edition too (finally!) :D

And yes, Shahrukh, come to Poland! We are waiting for you :D

14. Tarylll

Tarylll Well-Known Member

I have this book alredy because one of my friend work in bookstore and this book came today but they will sold out it tomorrow :D :D so he called to me and said about it :D So now Im gonna read all night this HOLY book :D

15. Kalee

Reincarnate for me baby, reincarnate!:D:p

16. agacia

agacia Bollywood Dreamer

This is great news-I can only imagine how happy all the Polish fans are:D It is an absolute phenomenon.:thumb:

17. semaay

semaay Senior Member

For you everything baby :D :p!

18. Kalee

:pound::p

19. Astri

Astri New Member

Looks like the King of Bollywood has been translated into many languages.

20. Mariam khan

Mariam khan Marjanni

so lucky :moony: ,.. i will get it soon