Please don't do television shows, Shah Rukh

Discussion in 'TV Game and Reality Shows' started by Bridget, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Please don't do television shows, Shah Rukh
    Jun 11, 2009
    Buzz18

Recently, Yash Raj squashed reports of Shah Rukh Khan returning to television. While a part of me felt absolutely crushed, I actually felt rather relieved.

Now this might sound rather odd coming from an ardent Shah Rukh fan. But think of it, how many of us actually watched Kaun Banega Crorepati or Paanchvi Paas as religiously as, say, the cricket matches or Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

The TRP figures speak for themselves.

Evidently, even thought many of us might queue up outside the theatres playing Shah Rukh Khan's latest movies, we don't like seeing him in our living room. It's one thing if a television star fails to make it to the movies. But a movie star failing to attract viewership? Now, that is spectacularly odd.

Strangely it was television that actually gave Amitabh Bachchan's career a new lease of life after Kaun Banega Crorepati.

So why does a Shah Rukh Khan doesn't impress us on the small screen?

The oddities get more intriguing as my boss points out that Shah Rukh actually has been a television star who moved to films. So has he lost touch with the medium?

I'd rather leave this question to the trade pundits to answer. But it seems to me that Shah Rukh Khan has become far too big for the small screen. In fact films like Ashoka tell me that he tends to get bigger than the big screen too. And that is not necessarily a good thing. But that's how we all like Shah Rukh.

Having said that, the dynamics get complicated when you have to deal with him on an everyday basis. Indeed, watching Shah Rukh Khan once (or twice at best) in a year is one thing. Seeing him do the very same thing every day in the comfort of your house, is a completely different ballgame.

The TRPs tell us that it tends to get annoying.

Then there is also the thing of the medium itself undergoing some serious metamorphosis. Shah Rukh's antics might have looked great when he first did them decades ago. But every performer has to learn new tricks. And if Shah Rukh Khan can't, maybe, just maybe he should not return to television after all.

http://buzz18.in.com/showblog/abhishek-mande/please-dont-do-television-shows-shah-rukh/136662

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

What a stupid blabbering blog... :rolleyes: What was the point? :rolleyes2:

4. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

speak for yourself, love:crazy:

5. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

OH PLEASEEEEE:rolleyes::crazy::crazy:

Krisi_love_SRK says thanks.
  6. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

I also dont want him to do Tv..he is of legend quality and tv is only for the day.. Srk films are here to stay..go with your films Shahrukh..

7. rahulsn011

rahulsn011 Well-Known Member

Concentrate on films SRK...TV is rather too small for his mega personality!

8. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

thanks for your comments :D saved my time in reading this :D

9. tanyak

tanyak Lighting up UR Life

:amen:
    You guys are so right, SRK PLEASE DO MORE FILMS!!!!!:love:

10. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

Shahrukh do what Shahrukh wants.
    We can all be here and say what we want him to do but at the end of it all its what Shahrukh choose to do.
    If he choose to do TV and 2 films a year then I am gald. I will be longing for films of him but at I will get to see something of him rather than nothing.

11. polyn

polyn Active Member

I want Shahrukh to do more films too. But I also agree that its his choice.

12. Rayhana

I totally agree!:) what shahrukh wants is what Shahrukh does and as a fan the more i see him the better:p

13. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I personnally don't want Shahrukh to do television either... I want him to concentrate on films. But I really didn't like the way this was written...

14. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

C'mon guys..I think this SRK does whatever he wants thing becomes such a bore..
    he is a star..he is here for his fans..his image..he is not just some husband who is there to bring food to his home..
    Of course he has his life and family etc etc but you sound like we will be happy most if he just stays home and play with his children and have a holiday and than another holiday..

dont shoot me but years are passing and all places are ready to be fulled if you ever dare to empty them ..I feel so afraid cause to me the last year he really looks to lose focus on his films..cricket..tv..holiday..
    just check how many mails in the forum a day when there is a film and not..and you will understand what I mean..

15. Rayhana

the only obligation he has towards his fans is that he maintains the standard of acting that we love him for, not that he refrains from other forms of entertainment, if we don't like it we can take it or leave it.
    He has continued to sign his 3 films a year, what more could we ask for?
    As for the past year the projects that he had signed he was booted from...not his fault!...let us not believe that because we are fans we own him!
    To say that he's too big for tv is understandable but to say he's lost focus because of it, im sorry but i don't agree:(

16. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

He has continued to sign his 3 films a year, what more could we ask for?

for almost 4 years he has 1 or 2 films a year..gone are the days of having three films a year..

17. polyn

polyn Active Member

I think its ok to do only 1 or 2 films a year. Even Aamr and Hrithik do 1 or two movies. Though I would really love it if Shahrukh did do more movies but it should be his own wish and not just to stay at the top or for his fans. And I also think that he should spend as much time with his family as he can. His kids are growing up and this is the best time for him to bond with them. And whats the use of working so hard all these years and not being able to spend his money on holidays and things he likes.

18. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

actually i kinda agree with this article
    i enjoyed KAPPS and KBC but ... he really is too big for the small screen
    and i always feel like he's not extra comfortable doing it cuz he's not allowed to be too creative... i dunno, i just feel it's caging him somehow
    i don't mind if he's invited on a show or smth though, that's great!

19. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

shahrukh loves to entertain.. regardless of whether its the big screen, small screen, shows, ads, im not including IPL.. bc IPL was very personal for him.. and it was a passion.. and we should leave IPL to cricket. i'm glad he's diversifying into new things and he tries to be different. i don't think the small screen is too small for him. he is soo amazing, he can mould himself according to the scene, the situation, the medium.. anything. he should do everything that satisfies HIS creativity, and makes HIM feel like an actor, a producer, a visionary.. whatever he wants to be.

i loved him on tv, it was a very personal connect for me, bc that was the closest to his personality that we will ever get. and he's said that also, kbc and paanchvi pass allowed him to be himself the most. and im sure tht he signs movies ONLY if he likes the story and the people he's working with. everything else is secondary. it's hard for him to sign 3 films every year, bc he has so much on his plate, and i love that. makes every single movie extra special and worth the wait. shahrukh knows exactly what he's doing.. it just doesn't seem very clear to us sometimes :)

20. srkworld

srkworld New Member

god that someone is speaking about it..TV is not a small platform..if it can accomodate mega stars like amitabh it certainly has place for stars like shahrukh. But i think SRK has done enough of TV shows. and the format of all that he has been hosting of late has been rather dull..i too think he should stick to movies..and if at all he wants to do TV shows he sould wait for something totally new and never seen before on Indian TV channels :)

21. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

SRK denied that. That was a bulship made up crap news by media about that tele soap:mad: