PlanetSRK Server Donation

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Kalee, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Kalee

Kalee I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, PlanetSRK has been around for ten years now. As we grow, in terms of the amount of information (articles, pictures, videos, etc.) and maintaining the speed of our site, we also have to keep in mind associated server costs. These costs have typically been incurred by individuals, such as Wafa, Bhuwan and myself.

This forum will always remain free for members, a home for all of us to share our love for Shah Rukh. However, as a way for members to contribute, should they choose to, you will notice on our home page, on the top left, as well as the sidebar on the right, we have a new donate button that accepts credit cards as well as Paypal. Please note, this is completely voluntary and any amount is more than appreciated. All contributions will be used solely for server costs to allow PlanetSRK to continue to run. Please feel free to ask me any questions or provide any comments/suggestions.

I will update this thread periodically as a reminder. Thanks again to all of you for your support over the past ten years.:)

MaryAnnK, Vegainko, mumbiene and 6 others thanked this.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

we're so many here at planet ❤ if we all donated even 1$ it would be wonderful. this is like a second home for me and i'm so grateful to still have it after so many years. thank u guys for all ur dedicated efforts to have made that happen ❤

MaryAnnK, mumbiene and rollercoast thank this.
  4. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

Sure!

5. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i can't seem to do it except through PayPal :( is it the only way?

6. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I'd like to urge everyone to find even just a couple of dollars to help with the costs of running the Planet. It's an essential service in my mind, like electricity. :D

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  7. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

The problem is, I don't have a credit card - and dollars are not my currency (just saying :p) - so it is diffcult to donate. I tried several times but it would allow to do it from my Paypal Account (my Austrian one which is connected to my bank account). Not everybody lives in the USA and not everybody has a credit card. It doesn't mean that people do not want to donate.

8. Rishima62

but maybe I was just to stupid for it ...

9. Rishima62

I indeed was - but still - not everbody has the priviledge to do it ;).

10. Kalee

Thank you so very much to each and every single one of you who has donated. Regardless of how much, every contribution is deeply appreciated and so helpful in ensuring that we are able to keep PlanetSRK running.:grouphug: For those wanting to but who are unable to donate, I will talk to Bhuwan to see if he can look into other mechanisms. Thank you so much for your consideration.:)

11. Rishima62

Thank you for keeping this wonderful place alive for us @Kalee :clap2:

12. Kalee

Thank you so much Alexandra :hug:, though it's actually all of you who keep it alive!;):grouphug:

13. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

It's getting close to the end of the month - would be nice if just a couple more people were able to make a donation to the site. :)

14. Kalee

Thanks a lot Chris, appreciate it.:hug:

rollercoast says thanks.
  15. Kalee

I just wanted to give a truly sincere thank you to all of you who donate, some of you, consistently every month. I can't tell you how much it helps to not have to bear the cost alone and to simply know you care. Thank you so much again.:heart::grouphug:

rollercoast and Rishima62 thank this.
  16. pleasant

pleasant Active Member

17. pleasant

pleasant Active Member

I would love to donate - I live in New Zealand, is there a way of doing this other than PayPal.

Thank you very much for everything you are doing for all of us, SRK fans all over the world, very much appreciate your work:hail:

18. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

@pleasant
    Hi, perhaps you should message @Kalee about this - she may have missed your post.
    Thanks for offering to make a donation.

Would anyone else like to doate maybe 5 dollars to help keep this site going?

19. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Oops - 'donate'

20. Kalee

Thank you so much for your support and encouragement Chris and Pleasant, I really appreciate it!!:heart::hug:

@pleasant I will PM you. :)

rollercoast says thanks.
  21. Rishima62

Sorry - this month and the next it is not possible for me :(. But in April I will be back on the donating track. I promise.