PlanetSRK New Homepage

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Wafa, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!! Staff Member

Long time coming :D

We have been working on this for almost a month and the moment is finally here.
    We have updated our Planetsrk homepage look. We wanted a simple, user-friendly look that we can adjust, renew and edit ourselves when we need to. It was difficult (actually impossible) to do with our previous homepage.

To view our new look click on HOME on top left corner of the menu. or you can CLICK HERE

We will always be making improvements as we go, so let us know what you think and what you would like to see on the page :)

Jasmine, Pompula, beba and 5 others thanked this.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. Wafa

Special thanks to Hanaa, Anke, Anne and Latika for the gorgeous banners :clap2:

phul and hanaa thank this.
  4. Kalee

Kalee I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

It looks awesome!!!!!:cool: Thank you sooo much Wafa and Bhuwan for your countless and unending efforts to improve our forum :heart:, and to everyone else for your input and contributions, it is very much appreciated!!!:grouphug:

Jasmine says thanks.
  5. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

the final version is sooooooooooo cooooooooool :clap2::clap2: great work :rockon:

Wafa says thanks.
  6. Wafa

thank you Kalee and Ela. really bhuwan did all the work, I just tell him do this and do that :p poor thing is going to loose his hair hahaha

looking forward to everyone's input..

Jasmine, Anjali72 and Ella thank this.
  7. Ella

:lol: aaawwww poor Bhuwan :p he did a damn fine job .. again :D

8. Ella

Anshula asked me to post this on her behalf, as she can't comment here :ohwell:

"Finally, was looking forward to it since the day Wafa Di told me about it! I had one thing to say about the homepage. Would it be possible for the all the green borders, etc to be changed to Blue ?? I dont know if its only me but I find it not matching with whole look of Planetsrk. Sorry for criticizing, I know bhuwan has done a lot and I thank him! u dont have to change it, i was just saying! :behindsofa:"

Wafa and danshula thank this.
  9. Wafa

oops I forgot members couldn't post in this section, but now I have changed it so everyone can post and reply.

thanks Anshula, we welcome all input including criticizing :) but we don't promise we will agree :p
    I kinda like the green contrast with the black background, maybe we can soften it a bit later as it did come out a bit bright. and by the way, green and blue do go together and match well; are we better artist than the Greatest artist of this universe, God? nature is best example; green trees with blue skies....?

danshula says thanks.
  10. karim2

karim2 Active Member

looks awesome I love it. and I love the new forum look :)

Wafa says thanks.
  11. Wafa

by the way, we still kept our old homepage but under another name; you can find it on the box on the left "SRK in a flash"

Anjali72 says thanks.
  12. Schneckchen

Schneckchen I live my own Bollywood movie ♥

I like the now look :)

In Germany I would say: "Dit jibt nen Doppeldaumen!"

In english I think it's: "here is a double-thumb" [​IMG]

Wafa says thanks.
  13. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Really looks awesome! I love it very much!:thumb:

Wafa says thanks.
  14. Kalee

Kalee I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

A lot of us get pretty busy, don't visit the forum for some time, come back and say how we got caught up in our lives. I was wondering, how must it be to pretty much single handedly run the forum, put all your time and energy into constantly trying to innovate and improve it for no other reason than the happiness of the members, do everything you can to bring the members closer to Shah Rukh by arranging ways for them to send things to him and even meet him... not to mention putting loads of your own money into it, that too, when the economy has completely sunk. Let's add to it the fact that you have to deal with the trials and tribulations of your own life, illness, death, work, among so many other things...but this person, like the rest of us, never takes time off, never leaves for a few months and comes back saying she was busy with life...she could, but she doesn't. I would be pretty interested to see who amongst any of us could run the forum so smoothly, while dealing with our own lives, and taking all the members comments, whether those are compliments or completely uncalled for insults, with a grain of salt...I doubt any of us could. I find it pretty sad that out of 132 views to this topic, there are replies from six individuals, three of whom are admins themselves. I'm sure all of us know how good it feels to receive even the slightest bit of acknowledgement...it's not that hard to do the same for others...you should try it.

Jasmine, Rayhana, Wafa and 3 others thanked this.
  15. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

Yay! I can comment! ;) kidding Wafa di! :hug:
    Thank You Ela Mom to post my message here! :hug:
    I forgot to mention it in my other post, as it was a VM on Ela mom's page, I had made it short.
    But here I come, once again! ;)
    I loved the idea of this, other than the colour of the border, I have no problem, I LOVE IT! :D As it summarizes everything, have our banners right on top with Shah Rukh in them :love: BEST! :D
    Guess, as I saw it the other day, the colour just got me suddenly in my eye and I might have criticized it but come to think of it -- it doesn't look that bad! ;) :D
    Wafa di, Love you for not feeling bad on what I said. It was just a fleeting thought I guess. Love the way you put it though, Green trees and Blue skies. Perfect! ;)
    May be yeah, soften a bit of green, it did come out as a bit bright and as I said, I think that's the reason I criticised it.
    But I love it (you know I was waiting for it from the day you told me, so the wait was worth it for sure)
    Once again thank you Bhuwan and ofcourse, Wafa di too! :hug:

Wafa says thanks.
  16. Wafa

thank you so much Schneckchen, we refer to it as "two thumbs up" :)

17. Wafa

Thank you Anshu :hug: why would I feel bad about what you said? its what I asked for; your input/criticism and opinion. I always like to get members views and make them as proactive as I possibly could. your opinion is valuable to us and I appreciate it. I promise we'll get the green color either softened or changed, but for now I'm giving bhuwan a break :D

danshula says thanks.
  18. Wafa

@Kalee to begin with I love your name :D lol. I'm speechless, yet there is so much in my heart to say, but I will take this to pm :) anyways, I lost interest darling life is too short.
    love you girl! :hug: :kiss:

19. danshula

Bhuwan surely needs a break! :D
    I think softened would be okay! :)
    but not now! later! :)

Wafa says thanks.
  20. danshula

Oh, I forgot to mention this! for the Ra.One section on the home page, it says Random Access One (RA.One) --- its Random Access Version One (Ra.One) :)

21. beba

beba King is my life

I love the new look :heart: Colours are fresh and lively, make the page interesting and atractive :D Everything needful is present there. Hats off! Congrats and thank you :kiss:
    Love the banners very much :love:

Wafa says thanks.