1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

PlanetSRK Closing

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by K, Dec 7, 2018.

1. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thank you so very much for your beautiful message @Dea. You really refreshed so many of my own memories of PlanetSRK. I also joined the Shah Rukh forum where I met Wafa in high school, and it literally changed my life in that so many of the friends and moments I experienced from then on, were because of the forum. I also remember those days in college, where even though I was so busy, I would make time to come on and try to catch up with the many pages of new posts...as I mentioned in our PM, I can still hear the echoes of our conversations and laughter. Like you said, for so many of us, this place truly shaped who we've become and has been the joy and solace through the ups and downs of life. I too feel like we let PlanetSRK down :(, but I think you said it beautifully, that we should end this chapter gracefully. Thank you so much again @Dea, for your unconditional love and support through the years.:heart:

phul, MaryAnnK, Dea and 1 other person say thanks.
  2. srkpreityfan

srkpreityfan Well-Known Member

Oh this IS indeed sad. I haven't been here in ages but thought I'd check in tonight (my avatar still makes me smile :D). I will miss this site that was such a big part of my life for awhile, and where I made some great friends, like Kira, Chicky, Najet, Brita, and many more!

Hope everyone gets a chance to hop in before the end to say goodbye and send love to all.

And so I will say a sad goodbye to the awesome PlanetSRK, and send you all great love - I wish you all the very best!

With great :heart::heart::heart::heart: Grace

3. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

:hug: :kiss: Kalee, thank u so much for EVERYTHING u've personally done for the planet. i know it sounds very generic, and impersonal maybe, but trust me i cannot find bigger words to describe just how much of it all we owe to u. i would also like to thank Wafa and Bhuwan just as much. u guys did amazing. i am forever indebted to u for so many wonderful years here :heart:

phul, MaryAnnK, Rayhana and 1 other person say thanks.
  4. gauri_fairy

gauri_fairy mahzabin

Just like all good things come to an end...

Even when I'm not as active as before, if I ever want to find picture(s)/video(s), my first thought is always PlanetSRK. Sad to know this chapter of my life is closing, but just like everyone else, I've found many lifelong friends through the platform, had numerous happy moments associated with the platform, and those shall always remain close to my heart.

From the bottom of my heart, thanks to all the mods for providing us with this wonderful planet, and the members for making the experience whole.

phul, MaryAnnK, sonataca and 2 others thanked this.
  5. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    I haven't been active myself for a long time now, but when Kalee told me the forum is closing down I felt I had to say goodbye to the place which brought me so much happiness for such a long time!
    After getting into a relationship, getting married, becoming a mom, I kept find it harder to find time to come online and go through the forum like I used to do each day.
    For me it was not that I became less of a fan, I just didn't have the time anymore to stay an active member.

I was here from the beginning though and experienced the love and joy that this forum gave all of us. I've made so many good friends on this forum and we literally laughed and cried together. Shah Rukh was our person of common interest, but it was about so much more than just Shah Rukh... It was a place where we became friends, a place where we finally found people who understood the passion we felt for our favorite star. We build our own little world together.

Times have changed. The internet has changed so much. Shah Rukh is online on Twitter and Instagram. We all grew a little bit older...:p

I'm still in touch with some some of the people that came into my life because of PlanetSRK and I know that these people will stay in my life forever. So in a way, PlanetSRK will never close down for me.

I want to thank Wafa and Bhuwan for building this forum up and giving us a platform where we could easily express our love without any boundaries. PlanetSRK was such a huge pillar of support for me for such a long time. Like Shah Rukh made me feel less lonely, so did all of you.
    A BIG warm thank you and a huge hug to Kalee :hug: Who is easily one of my best friends today! I know how much you've struggled over the past years, or maybe even decade! You can write your own 20 years of a decade :p Even though, you always took your role as an admin so seriously and you've spend so much time, money and energy keeping the forum alive. Even though you must have felt like you had 0% energy at certain moments. Thank you my GlassDoll :hug:

And thank you all of the members. Not just the ones who are still here, but also the ones who, maybe like me, couldn't find the time to fit PlanetSRK into their daily schedule anymore. Thank you so much for all the beautiful moments. For all the moments when I could write down all my emotions and you all were here for me.

Thank you Shah Rukh for bringing us together. Even though feelings have changed, maybe became less intense than before, I will always love you and remember what huge role you played in turning me into the person I am today.

Pfff... Feels so weird to officially say goodbye now... When Kalee told me I even cried a little bit. Didn't expect that to happen, since I wasn't an active member anymore... Still it breaks my heart to say goodbye to something that brought so much positivity. But here it is... Goodbye everyone... Take care :hug:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    phul, MaryAnnK, Dea and 1 other person say thanks.
  6. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Oh my. Reading these posts and farewells is making me feel so emotional.
    It's been a marvellous time, a marvellous place, and has enriched so many lives.

phul, MaryAnnK and Dea thank this.
  7. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member

Goodbye everyone. :( This was such a haven for me for many years. Thank you all for your contributions through the years. Wishing you all the best!!!

SharlaJ:grouphug:

phul, Rishima62, MaryAnnK and 2 others thanked this.
  8. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Yes, those were exciting times!!!!
    As families grow and move apart, the memories will hold us together!

phul and Dea thank this.
  9. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

Hugs dear! And thank you for all what you have done for us!

phul and Dea thank this.
  10. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

Goodbye Planet!

It's been 12 wonderful years filled with joy and madness. What an amazing ride it's been.

Huge thanks to all of the people who worked so hard to keep the place running. You guys are the best!

And to all of us here - happy new year and best wishes.

Hugs,
    Luxia

phul, rollercoast and Dea thank this.
  11. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Lux, we’ll just have to retire to the Mad House. :D

Bye bye Planet.
    Love you forever Shahrukh!

phul and Rishima62 thank this.
  12. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

ditto, Chris....:heart: :wave:

Rishima62, rollercoast and phul thank this.
  13. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

:grouphug: Good By PlanetSRK Thank for 10 wonderful Years i will never forget PlanetSRK And good by you all i will miss you all so much and the Planet. But will always love our Shah Rukh

rollercoast and Dea thank this.
  14. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

happy new year everyone! :grouphug:

Rishima62, Chamz, phul and 1 other person say thanks.
  15. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Goodbye PlanetSRK...thank you for everything.:heart:

16. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

I have a question i notived that i still can write but Kalee you wrote from 31St December that should not be possible anymore or :confused:

17. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Just enjoy it @phul. I'm sure it will happen soon enough.

18. bhuwan

bhuwan Administrator Staff Member

Thank you all for the support over the years. Thanks for the kind words.