1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

PlanetSRK Closing

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by K, Dec 7, 2018.

1. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Dear Members,

I would like to inform you that PlanetSRK's last day of operation will be December 31, 2018. After 12 successful years, given the changing landscape of technology and social media, we have decided it best to close the forum at this time. A very generous member has kindly agreed to fund the forum as read-only from January through June of 2019. Should you choose, that would be a good opportunity to save any memories from the forum that you would like to keep.

Wafa and Bhuwan, the co-founders of PlanetSRK, opened this forum in 2006, with a vision to bring all of Shah Rukh's fans together, to share our love for him. While we were the first of our kind in connecting fans to Shah Rukh, what makes me most proud of PlanetSRK, is that we didn't just connect with Shah Rukh, we connected with each other. As someone who has been a part of PlanetSRK from day one, I have seen firsthand how strangers became friends and friends became family. For me personally, some of my very best friends and the best people I know, I met at PlanetSRK. I can never fully express my gratitude to Shah Rukh, Wafa and Bhuwan, as it's only because of them that I made friends from across the country and around the world, whom I would otherwise never have known.

I would like to sincerely thank all our members, those of you who have been on this journey from the beginning and those of you who joined along the way. I know that for a lot of us, some of the most precious and beautiful moments, through the ups and downs of life, are connected to the moments spent here, with Shah Rukh and with each other. I am so grateful to have been on this journey with you all and hope to keep in touch.

Thank you all for your time and energy, your loyalty and dedication, your love and kindness and for being a part of this journey...

With Love and Gratitude,
    Kalee

2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

From the bottom of my heart @Kalee, thank you to you, @Wafa and @bhuwan for giving us this special place which I have visited every single day for 12 years. It has given me such joy, love and friendship over the years, life won’t be quite the same. Shahrukh is as close to my heart as ever and I will miss this part of Him. Thank you to all who have made this such a wonderful experience.
    xChris :( :hug:

phul, Dea and MaryAnnK thank this.
  3. K

Thank you so much Chris...people like you make this all worth it.:hug:

phul, Dea and rollercoast thank this.
  4. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

I don't know what to say I'm completley schocked right now. And i can't believe you really want to colose the Planet :(

Dea, MaryAnnK and rollercoast thank this.
  5. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

Oh, how sad it is:(:( ... Thanks to everyone who created this forum and everyone who became part of it. It really was a great trip and a very good experience. With love from my heart thanks to you @Kalee, thank you @Wafa and @bhuwan:hug::hug::hug: And yet, I hope that you will come back ...:heart::heart::heart:You have done a great job.:cheer2:

6. Amber.K

Amber.K Well-Known Member

I have never been a very actively participating member since joining due to some personal reason..but this forum was always a second home to me it is so sad that its closing..my heartfelt thanks to everyone who made this happen these 12 long years and touching so many lives unknowingly..GOD bless all of you..big hug:heart::heart::heart:

phul, Dea, MaryAnnK and 1 other person say thanks.
  7. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

I just repeat what I already said:

Very sad but I understand completely. Talking for me I can say that I visit often but I am not able anymore to participate and contribute like I was able earlier. My love for SRK is still very much a part of my life. I haven't moved away from him and sometimes it makes me sad and I wish the "old times" would be back.

Thank you for your vision, work, heart, soul, love, sparkle and devotion you put in this place.

Big hug to all of you!

8. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i wrote a super long message and couldn't get myself to post it... :hurt:

phul, MaryAnnK and rollercoast thank this.
  9. K

phul and Dea thank this.
  10. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

Oh....I have just begun revisiting after a long hiatus due to life taking over and me not being able to enjoy the little luxuries I once enjoyed such as visiting this site and I am heartbroken to read this message. I had hoped to reconnect with those that I bonded with during my time here and to begin enjoying every thing I loved once again. I really don't know what to say...
    Other than I would like to thank those responsible for establishing and creating and maintaining the site and having the vision of uniting srk fans and allowing them to have a safe and comfortable environment to truly be themselves and share their love without judgement. It is a beautiful site and one that has achieved so much and I hope one that you ought to be proud of. I wish you all the best and hope that you go on to bigger and better things. I am glad to have so many postive memories of Planetsrk and the fonts and I am sure of you all do too.

phul and Dea thank this.
  11. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I have been so busy with life lately that I have not visited here much! I am so glad that I felt inspired to check in today to read this notice. @Kalee, @Vegainko, @Amber.K, @Rishima62 and @Dea, @chris, you are all important people in my life. This was the very first site I ever considered joining, all because of SRK!!!! I am forever blessed because of this. Two trips to India, seeing Shah Rukh in person, meeting @Wafa and Irene Cremer in Person, as well as Roopish and so many others in Mumbai for our little PlanetSRK get-together!!!! Such sweet memories for me!

Memories: When Shah Rukh was filming My Name is Khan in California, my home at the time, and finding out he was about two hours a way and driving to San Francisco to see if we (my sister and I) would find them!! Then a week later he was in MY TOWN!!!! Never in my wildest dreams did I think he would come there. Jumping on my husband's motorcycle and driving into town to see if we could find them and WE DID!!! Then, getting his autograph one day and being a participant in the filming the following day! Never-to-be forgotten memories of SRK.

Every one of you has played a part in this. Our discussions, our fantasies, our dreams, our actions to bring a little love into HIS life with our birthday gifts!!! This really was a wonderful time spent here building friendships.

Wishing everyone here a wonderful life and happy dreams! I know I have been blessed to meet all of you and hope to see you again some day.

Thanks to everyone who made this fan site a reality and for their love.

Hugs, Mary Ann K

phul, rollercoast and Dea thank this.
  12. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

phul and MaryAnnK thank this.
  13. Chamz

Chamz Well-Known Member

I can't believe this and I really don't know what to say. I know that I have rarely visited the site for the last 5 years but I am going to miss it so much. I had such a wonderful memories here and I am thankful to everyone who worked hard for this.
    I am so happy I visited it today after so many months and I feel like its an end of an amazing chapter in my life.
    I wish everyone a wonderful future and lots of love:hug::hug::hug:

phul, MaryAnnK, Dea and 1 other person say thanks.
  14. Egyptian Fan 95

Egyptian Fan 95 Dreamer ツ

Oh my god, I am extremely sad to read this. Even if I didn't spend much time here and I am kinda new member but this place is really special for me and I will miss it so much :(:(:(:(

phul, MaryAnnK, Dea and 1 other person say thanks.
  15. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

I'm not surprised. I was only here for a month or so, sadly this forum seems pretty dead and doesn't have enough activity. I remember seeing some older threads and there seemed to be more members before.

Wonder what happened..oh well, is there any other good SRK forum?

16. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i keep opening this thread, telling myself i have to write something meaningful, because i won't get the chance to do it ever again soon....
    i don't know why though, i simply can't do it... here's a lousy try at it...
    guys, the planet has been my second home for almost 11 years. discovering this place has literally changed my life. i met incredible people here, made unforgettable memories, it's shaped me to be who i am today. i discovered the planet when i was in highschool! there used to never be a dull moment here. i couldn't keep up with all the activity. Shahrukh has truly given us such a beautiful gift...
    friends, i am so sad to know that it will never be the same again. but i've known it for a while. and so have u, i'm sure. but the fact that the planet is closing is making it so much more real, and it's time we accept the reality... let's end this beautiful chapter gracefully. we will forever have the memory of what a heartwarming place this used to be...
    this is really hard :(
    i'm sorry we let u down, planet :( life got in the way, other social platforms maybe too, we don't know what happened exactly.
    friends, i will forever miss u, all of u :grouphug:
    please feel free to contact me if u wish at deasrk@yahoo.com ( and here's my tumblr deasrk.tumblr.com, especially if u are amongst the ones that used to read my fanfics)

what can i say... it's the end of an era, truly. thank u for everything :heart: i will never forget u!...

phul, MaryAnnK, Rayhana and 2 others thanked this.
  17. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

*As per forum rules, we do not promote other websites. Thank you!*

Just found this SRK forum. It's still a bit active and not closing any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2018
  18. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

phul, Dea and MaryAnnK thank this.
  19. K

Thank you so much @Rayhana, @Chamz and @Egyptian Fan 95.:heart: There are so many people who have put in so many hours behind the scenes, to make this place what it is. The fact that you all felt safe and happy and found a second home here truly means so much...thank you.:heart::grouphug:

phul, Chamz, Egyptian Fan 95 and 2 others thanked this.
  20. K

I'm so glad you decided to stop by @MaryAnnK!:heart: I remember the days of MNIK, all of us frantically trying to find him :p, sharing in each other's frustration and ultimately joy.:angel: That's one of the things that makes this place so special...it's not just about retweets, likes, replies...it's about sharing our journey of love for Shah Rukh, as well as our journeys in life, with each other, through the ups and downs, becoming friends and family along the way, as our love for Shah Rukh and each other grew.:grouphug: Thank you again MaryAnn.:heart:

phul, MaryAnnK and rollercoast thank this.