1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

PlanetSRK Birthday Gift 2014

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Connection' started by Dea, Jun 25, 2014.

1. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Just fyi, I spoke with Wafa regarding the charity idea a while back, which for various reasons is off the table, so we'll have to brainstorm other ideas...

Wafa and Rishima62 thank this.
  2. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

actually Shahrukh doesn't like to speak abt charity and although he'd appreciate our intention it still doesn't stick to the idea of it being annoymous especially since it sounds like we'd be doing it for him in a way.. dunno if i make any sense :lol: but i too agree that maybe it's not the best choice..

Rishima62 says thanks.
  3. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

Hmmm - I have a weird idea of a video - every member says a word or to which what she/he relates with Shah Rukh (problem might be that there are lots of the same words) in a camera/phonecamera - and I could do a short movie with it - kind of crossfade modus - with music in the background - and in the end you see someone writing - thank you for being our inspiration or some something like that (you only see the writing not the person - fast forward modus) and of course happy birthday.

Me and my ideas - could be difficult to participate for some members right?

4. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

hmm i'm pretty sure we've done smth similar in the past. and although i think it's a really nice idea, Shahrukh loves receiving gifts that he can unwrap and actually get some sort of use out of it, if u know what i mean. so it'd be nice to gift him smth creative as well as smth practical that we think he'd love. this can be very tricky considering he has it all...

Wafa says thanks.
  5. Rishima62

Well - he's got most of the things in the one or the other similar way ;). But you are right - it was just a thought. I wanted to make a book for him - he has lots of them already but due to personal and real life incidents and a the negativity (not here!!) of many I skipped the plan.

*thinkingcapon* ;)

6. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Sorry Dea, I know I've been scarce here, Kalee knows how crazy my schedule is, I consumed with guilt about not being here enough :(
    I can't believe it's already September!!! Let me read the thread and ideas and I will reply .

MaryAnnK and Dea thank this.
  7. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I like this idea, maybe in a caricature style? If we can find a place that can do the caricatures... :thumb:

8. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

It's better not to gift him a picture of himself on his birthday :)

9. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

haha, like a fortune cookie but sigars? :p cute idea. We started with a cig lighter 10 years ago, then we gave him a huka when he was filming kank. but who is going to write and roll messages as cigars now, so he can burn them off lol? I like this idea if you guys want to go for it, its different.

Dea says thanks.
  10. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

getting the gifts to him is not a problem, we always guarantee that.

MaryAnnK and Dea thank this.
  11. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

yep. we tried the videos many years ago, a lot of members don't know how or just don't want to go on camera.

12. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

have we dried out of ideas? not many participants this year....

13. Arpan Srk

Arpan Srk Nam to suna hoga

I like this idea :D it's fab idea ;) yes i know the brand ..he smokes "classics " :cool:

Dea says thanks.
  14. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i'm so glad u guys like the idea :bounce: we can elaborate it! we should get a move on it, november is damn close... and let's hear some more ideas, ppl!

15. Rishima62

I like your idea :).

Dea says thanks.
  16. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

since no one came forward with any other ideas, do you want to take charge of this one?
    any members interested in participating and financially contributing please let us know, the more members the better and cheaper for everyone.

17. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

sure, i'd love to, just to figure out the logistics and i'll get back to u guys. i have no idea how these things are made lol. i'm good with the creative process, but otherwise... :biggrin1: a bit technically impaired

18. Let us know how you want our personal messages sent and if you need financial help let us know how to send it. I'm all for this!

Dea says thanks.
  19. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i was thinking of asking some of our more creative and skilled gals for help. any idea how we could make this as awesome as it can get? @cmreeves ? @rubyroo , @Xeny ?of course only if u want to and want to take part, etc. sketches, ideas, anything could do! same goes for everyone else that likes the idea and wants to take part in this. i'll make a small list of my vision and maybe some sketches. my photoshop days are long gone yaar, i haven't used it since forever. so i would gladly create smth but really don't think i could manage :noidea:

20. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

guys i really don't think we could pull this off in 2 weeks :pout: i'm really surprised with such little response this year. nevertheless, we could still do smth, but i'm out of ideas... at least something we could show him on twitter, i don't know..