PlanetSRK Banner Contest

Discussion in 'Contests & Competitions' started by Aman, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aman

Aman Retired Designer

Dear Shahrukhies,
    It brings me great pleasure to announce a first ever Planetsrk.com Banner Contest for the forums. This will be your opportunity to show off your skills, and what better place than here?
    Here are the rules/ specifications that must be met in order to qualify and secure your entry:

Size: Width:1300 ; Height:201 Pixels( it may seem to big, but trust us this is how all the current ones are set);)

**Please take Note of how the images are placed on the banner. This is a very important step as if the pics in banner are not placed correctly, certain images will be cut.

ex) A.

[​IMG]

B)

[​IMG]

Notice the empty space in example B on your right. This very crucial. Just keep a simple design there and move srk pics to the left as much as possible.

Format: the following formats are accepted: JPG, GIF, PNG, or PSD(preferably)
    • Can be animated, but please keep the file size as low as possible by removing any unneccesary frames/making adjustments.
    Theme: Anything SRK! This can be anything from movie themes, collages, to creative designs with SRK in them (Obviously:rolleyes:)

**Must contain Planetsrk's tag line: " His World Within Yours"

Duration: The contest will be held from July 17th, 2006 to July 31, 2006. (subject to change) Which gives you an entire 2 weeks to design/spit/stratch/sculpt/ and whatever method you think will be best.:D

Submisson: ONLY 1 submission per user. Yes, I know it's not fair. But it's all part of the contest. Please PM me or email: amanskohli@yahoo.com (or either of the admins for your submissions ( Do not post the banners in the forum) in order to be qualified. There is no restriction as to what software to use, but we will only accept 1 entry per person. Choose only your best. Banner must be created by you only, not with the help of others. This is to show your talent, not someone elses.

Outcome: The winner will be decided by members through a Poll/ Comments thread, once I have recieved all the entries by the deadline. Voting will last for 5 days. (subject to change) If there is a tie in the votes, the winner will be decided by staff. You will have your banner placed with the current set of banners as well as getting your name/message published in the current issue of Ikhan or the next to be given to SRK by Wafa.

This is your chance to shine. So what are you waiting for? Lets roll:bowl:
    Good Luck to the Participants.:thumb:

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. cute_srk

cute_srk Well-Known Member

Great contest...thanks Aman:DLooking forward to this contest...gonna work on it now!:thumb:

4. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Thanks Aman! :hug:

It's a great fantastic idea.... :thumb:

The funny side is... that I thought after the "make a banner for Lida" mission, that we could do such an contest here...
    :rolleyes2: :biggrin1:

It will be a great fun to participate this contest! :lol:

So... come on guys get ready :brushteeth: :ranger: and let us show how much talented we planetsrk-members are! :dance: :clap2: :high5:

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

5. KhushiDreamz

KhushiDreamz G.One Squad Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Amazing!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: Go Go ShahRukhies show your skills!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

6. Astri

Astri New Member

WTG Shahrukhies!!!! This is your chance to show your talent to Shahrukh. I'm out, coz I'm not qualified for this skill.:p

7. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

i don't have the skill but how about if i ask somebody else do it for me? just curious....

8. tixa

tixa New Member

Well, lets give it a try.

9. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!! Staff Member

Great contest Graphic Sahib :D

c'mon show your talents shahrukhies... more practice for you. :D

10. srkandrea

srkandrea srkandrea

AW: PlanetSRK Banner Contest

ok let`s work for our sweetheart

11. SRK Pagal

SRK Pagal OSO ROCKS

Great idea Aman:thumb: Cant wait to get started:D

12. Lachchi

Lachchi Well-Known Member

Great Idea Aman. Thank you!
    I will try it :D

13. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

:eek: :eek: i dont have such talent..
    gr8 conteste!! good luck to those who will participate:thumb:

get set shahrukies:D

14. Aman

Aman Retired Designer

It must be your own work. Btw, how you say that you don't have skill until you try? No harm in trying.:)

Btw, for those of you who are wondering, yes the size is in pixels. (rules updated)

15. serena..xo

serena..xo New Member

heyy wow, great idea! im gonna tryyy x

16. Maryam

Maryam Well-Known Member

Same here!

17. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!! Staff Member

good luck everyone.
    make sure you email or pm Aman, not me :p

18. SRK Pagal

SRK Pagal OSO ROCKS

19. vwelling

vwelling lois87

WOW! What an opportunity!

20. srkandrea

srkandrea srkandrea

sorry wafa didi, that i sent it to you, have sent it now to aman.

21. Aman

Aman Retired Designer

Rules Updated.
    Please read first post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.