PlanetSRK Award 2013

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Connection' started by Kalee, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Kalee

Kalee I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

We have been talking for a while now about giving Shah Rukh another award on behalf of PlanetSRK. We have done this in the past (please see the pictures here: http://www.planetsrk.com/community/threads/the-king-and-planetsrk-love-appreciation-award.1889/), and while there has been a gap of a few years, we feel there would be a no more apt time then now, especially considering all the negativity he has been facing recently. We were planning on doing a crystal award as before, though other ideas are more than welcome.:) We previously sent him the PlanetSRK Love and Appreciation award and were thinking that perhaps this time we could have a theme of positivity and inspiration. If it's possible, we can have the main award title with a few words beneath it, for example:

PlanetSRK Goodness and Positivity Award
    To our angel, who shows us everyday what it means to be a good human being.

We will basically need ideas for what we want to call the award, what we would like to be written beneath it (given that there's room) and finally, a list of people who will be able to contribute financially. I will get a quote on the award and shipping costs once we finalize the design/wording of the award.

So please go ahead and start suggesting your ideas!!:grouphug:

Some words that I've been thinking about: goodness, positivty, beauty, inspiration, kindness, giving...:)

Award name Ideas:

PlanetSRK Goodness and Positivity Award
    PlanetSRK Light of our Lives Award
    PlanetSRK Star of Inspiration Award
    PlanetSRK Goodness and Inspiration Award
    PlanetSRK Positivity and Inspiration Award
    PlanetSRK Heart Award
    Shah Rukh Khan The Superstar
    Superstar with a Heart
    Through Thick and Thin Award
    The Man with the Miraculous Smile Award

Line Beneath the Award

To our angel, who shows us everyday what it means to be a good human being.
    To our angel, thank you for showing us everyday what it means to be a good human being.
    To the most beautiful human being in the world, our angel, our inspiration, our everything.
    In good times and bad times, we'll be on your side for ever more. That's what friends are for.
    We Stand by you in In good times and Bad times
    We will Stand by YOU forever more
    We love and support you through thick and thin.

Contributors

Kalee
    Stella
    Baree
    Suz
    Debbie
    Allie
    Sharla
    Rizwana
    Wafa
    Katja
    Sofie
    Lorraine
    Priyanka
    Irene
    Portia

Wafa, RizwanaShahrukh, iamsrking and 2 others thanked this.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. StellaM

StellaM Well-Known Member

... I like the idea of another Award !!!:) ....... just to show how much we love him !!!:heart: ... I'm going to thing about the special word all the day..... and of course, I'll contribute financially ....:)

Wafa says thanks.
  4. Baree

Baree Shah Rukh Khan forever

Sure...I am ready

5. Suz

Suz Active Member

The crystal award I saw on the first page of this thread is gorgeous! :eek:

I LOVE your idea of another award for him & I like your suggestion of the name - "PlanetSRK Goodness and Positivity Award" - I wouldn't change it or have better suggestions. :hug:

And yes, of course I'll contribute financially too.

6. Kalee

Great, thank you so much Stella, Baree and Suz!!:hug::kiss: Anyone else have any ideas for what to call the award or who would like to contribute? The more people that contribute, the less each person has to pay, and as always, the names of all the contributors go on the card, so it would be nice to give Shah Rukh a card full of names of his fans.:)

Suz says thanks.
  7. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Kalee, will definitely contribute to this. This man is the "Light of my Life" all I have to do is think of him and I smile...really think he lives his life by the "Golden Rule" Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you. Respect for all people, Loyalty to his family and country, and Sharing his Love, and Goodness with us is what makes him the Beautiful man that he is.

8. Areams

Areams Photographer, Filmmaker, and SRK Fan

What a wonderful idea. I would love to be part of this. Don't know how much I can give...depends on how things go with my bag...but I would like to give something financially speaking. Let me know what I have to do. :)

9. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member

Would also like to contribute. This is truly great since he loves getting awards soooooo much!!!!

10. 44Sanjana1956

44Sanjana1956 Active Member

. I like the idea!!!!

11. Kalee

Thanks a lot Debbie, I looove the title Light of my Life!!:heart:

12. Kalee

Thanks a lot Allie.:)

I also want to reiterate, this topic isn't just for those who can contribute financially, it would be great if you all have ideas for what we should call the award, we can throw around ideas and vote at the end.:)

13. Kalee

Thanks a lot for your enthusiasm!:)

14. Areams

Areams Photographer, Filmmaker, and SRK Fan

I was watching SRK's speech at Yale (don't worry this is going somewhere related to the post) and he mentioned that in India movie stars are a source of inspiration...so here I've put the two together. How about "PlanetSRK Star of Inspiration Award" Is that too cheesy or literal?

15. Kalee

That's awesome :thumb:, the word inspiration was floating around in my head too, I've added it to the list in my first post!:)

16. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

Kalee... thanks for acting so quickly! You're superfast dude :p

I would like to contribute. For me he's my pillar of strength.... I'd be totally lost without him... :hug:

17. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!! Staff Member

Thank you Kalee. I just seen the thread now :rolleyes: maybe we need to move this section to a more visible place?

of course you can count me in :)
    dunno, this time I feel like giving a funny weird name for the award :p can't come up with the words but something in the lines of "a big kiss on your cheek and slap on their faces wonderful award" :lol: I'm just kidding !

Baree says thanks.
  18. Kalee

Hahaha, seriously yaar!!:lol::p I just hope he feels our love and knows that no matter what others say about him, his fans truly love him and see nothing but beauty in him.:heart:

I was smiling as I looked at the pictures of him receiving the first award, remembering how happy, excited and absolutely thrilled we were...and so touched by the way he was so gently and humbly holding it :heart:, not to mention, he took the time to take pictures with it!!:hug::kiss:

19. Kalee

Did you mean his face cheek or...?:)

20. Wafa

the kiss? this time the answer is yes :p

21. Wafa

yes those were great memories, one of the very best moments of my life.