1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirated HNY DVDs?

Discussion in 'Happy New Year' started by Mara, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I was picking up food from my local Indian grocery store in Glendale, and they had a stack of pirated “Happy New Year” DVDs next to the cash register for sale, along with four or five other recent Bollywood film releases. I don’t know whether to buy one or call the police. I've never bought pirated DVDs in the past knowingly (okay -only once) My son says I’m being silly and should just buy one, since I’m going to buy the real DVD when it comes out and saw it in the theaters often enough. But it still seems wrong. Is my son right? Am I being silly?

rubyroo says thanks.
  2. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I wouldn't buy it. If I did I'd feel that I was supporting the piracy. I'm not concerned about this if a DVD is very hard to get like some of the old movies, but Happy New Year will be easily available from legitimate sources when the owners are ready to release it on DVD. And waiting for it's kind of fun- like waiting for Christmas!

Mara says thanks.
  3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Of course he's wrong! don't give in to temptations, this type of thinking only encourages those culprits to continue pirating. You be the one who does the right thing and many will follow. moreover, those dvd's have terrible quality and they cut off al to of scenes; I wouldn't waste even a penny on them. Please don't buy anything pirated :)
    Was it India Sweets and spices?

rubyroo says thanks.
  4. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Yes, it was IS&S. You and Rubyroo are right. Even if it weren't a legal and moral issue, the quality of a pirated DVD would be an insult to all the hard work the HNY team has put into the film. It's so hard to wait, though, especially on the first cold and rainy day of the season in Southern California. I was watching all the extra HNY stuff on YouTube today instead, miss being able to see the movie again in the theaters.

rubyroo says thanks.