1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Petition We WANT a Karan Arjun 2

Discussion in 'Karan-Arjun' started by Raj's Simran, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Raj's Simran

Raj's Simran New Member

Petition for Karan Arjun 2 - MORE SRK-KAJOL
    Hi! So I've been seeing all over the internet about talk of a Karan Arjun 2 now that SRK and Salman are friends again so I made a petition. Kajol will be retaining her role as Sonia Saxena so we'd have our Srk-Kajol still there, even though Mamta no longer acts, so Sallu will have a new love interest.

Here's the petition, please sign:
    We want a Karan Arjun 2

Thanks!

2. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

I don't see the need for Karan Arjun 2 unless you really want to see SRK and Salman together in a film which I don't.

SRK-Kajol could be paired opposite each other in the next SRK-Rohit Shetty film.

Rishima62 says thanks.
  3. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Haven’t we had several K/A already? Salmon shows up drunk and abusive on the sets of “Chalte Chalte”. Shah Rukh fires Ashwarya, throws both of them off the set. There’s war among them. Ash is chased out of Bollywood, has to settle for being an international star and returns in triumph. SRK and Salman make up and become friends at Farah’s wedding –was it? Then SRK and Salman fight at Katrina’s birthday party. Bollywood is split into two camps. There’s war between them…. again. Then they make up during the Eid parties. Now they are friends again and celebrate at Salman's sister's wedding together. Who could write a script like this?

“The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.” -Tom Clancy

Rishima62 says thanks.
  4. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

Good luck with the petition but sorry but I don't want to see Salman with Shah Rukh and Iam also not dying to see the Kajol-SRK pairing again.

Mara says thanks.
  5. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Sorry but me too. I have no intense desire to see them together and why particularly in a sequel to a film which didn't leave itself open to a part 2

Mara and Rishima62 thank this.
  6. Raj's Simran

Raj's Simran New Member

Wow haha I thought Karan Arjun was a very good and popular film. Shahrukh and Salman are friends again...and people don't want to see SRK-Kajol together? O.O That is a shock for me considering they are the ultimate jodi no. 1 of Bollywood and no couple can reach their level of chemistry at all...so that's a surprise for me.

7. Rishima62

:) don't be shocked dear! As for me it is like this - I don't mind if Kajol and SRK are together on screen - they are good together, yes sometimes outstanding but I don't like her as an actress in general (Sorry - awaiting the storm and ducking) so I don't have the desire to see them together. If it happens, fine - especially for them, because they like to work with eachother - but if not, it is pretty okay for me as well ;). For Salman - for me he is one of the worst actors I have seen in my whole life and I don't care that much about friendship when it comes to the profession of acting - the acting skills are more important for me then. :bolt:sorry if this all sounds harsh :oops:

rollercoast and Mara thank this.
  8. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh makes his own chemistry, no matter who the actress is (or actor -for that matter). I would like to see him with an actress he hasn't worked with before, such as Tabu. A new pairing would prepare me for a new story. The SRK/Kajol have been together for too many pairings already. It brings memories of movies and situations past to something that should be new and original.

rollercoast and Rishima62 thank this.
  9. Rishima62

I am with you @Mara - and Tabu would be one of my first choices as well - the few scenes they had together in their special appearance in 'Saathiya' were brilliant.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    Mara says thanks.
  10. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Tabu was fabulous in Haider - though too young to be playing Shahid Kapoor's 's mother. My first thought was 'Why haven't I seen her act with srk?'. It really annoys me that these slightly more mature female actors are virtually written off so early in their careers.

Mara and Rishima62 thank this.
  11. gauri_fairy

gauri_fairy mahzabin

I just don't understand this Shah Rukh-Salman Khan obsession. I mean sure they hugged and made up, which is absolutely normal. I mean if anyone among us fight with someone, and years down we make up, we wouldn't want everyone around to be constantly talking about it. More over we would probably hate if people forcefully try to pair us up into doing something. That just creates an even more uncomfortable situation. Just let it be. They hugged and made up, but that doesn't make them best of friends (or they could be, but this is not the point I am trying to make).

Being said that, I don't care who Shah Rukh is in a movie with, so long as it has him, and he has the longest screen time :D

Rishima62 and Mara thank this.
  12. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly.
    The pairing I would like to see would be him shirtless and AbRam together playing with balloons like he tweeted about today. The chemistry between those two for HNY was electric. AbRam brings out a whole playful and tender side of him that is as seductive as it is awesome.

Rishima62 and tasifa thank this.
  13. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Perhaps the Karan/Arjun story shows the deep influence a shared mythology can have on people. This mythic story was suggested in the movie title: “Karan Arjun”. Shah Rukh said once he would like to act in the Mahabharata, but only if he could play Karna/Karan, the eldest brother of the Pandavas who was given out for adoption by Kunti, their mother. Shah Rukh himself was given out for adoption at a young age, which is possibly one of the reasons why he can identify with Karan. Also, Karan was arguably the unrecognized but greatest of the Pandavas. ToI today says about Karan: “The real deal is that world did not deserve a great and noble warrior as Karna. His defiance, fight against odds, anger, philanthropy, courage, hunger for knowledge, honorable conduct, devotion to teacher and loyalty toward friend, all are traits for deep admiration. The world never recognized while he was alive his greatness.” Who does that sound like? http://www.speakingtree.in/spiritua...ticism/why-did-arjuna-wash-karnas-feet/250222

The most recent Mahabharata series on TV spent a lot of time building Karan’s character and his relationship with Arjun. Without the interaction and opposition of Karan, Arjun would never have become the great warrior he was meant to be. I can’t see Salman as Arjun, but the brotherly love/hate Salman and Shah Rukh have shared over the years is the stuff of legends, hidden under the banter and banality of the paparazzi press.

“Mythological ideas reach far into the psyche and touch the foundations, where reason, will and good intentions never penetrate" -Carl Jung

Rishima62 says thanks.
  14. Raj's Simran

Raj's Simran New Member

I love Karan Arjun personally. I thought the story was amazing and the bonding between mother and sons was beautiful. The brother-brother bonding was amazing. The action was well-played. I think Salman is almost next to King Khan in this film and many other films. It was considered a Blockbuster movie, that was loved all through India. Rakhee, Salman, SRK and Amrish Puri were all amazing in it. Kajol was a good side role. I grew up with SRK, Salman and SRK-Kajol personally so I love them which is not to say I don't like the King with the others. Also did you know Juhi Chawla was initially considered to play the role of Sonia Saxena but she rejected it as she was doing another project so it went to Kajol? So the movie could have easily ended up as a SRK-Juhi pairing.

Mara says thanks.
  15. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

True but with some he just has better chemistry, like Kajol and with some way worse (See Katrina, Deepika etc.). I definitely would like to see them together again, Dilwale wasted them too much. New and original doesnt always mean better see Katrina Kaif. I would rather see him with Kajol or Rani again than these new girls who look like they could be his daughters

OT: I really don't see the need for Karan Arjun 2, its a good revenge movie for its time (I do prefer Koyla though) but everything was resolved in a satisfying way at the end.

No need to pull a Hollywood and make forced sequels no one asked for.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2016