1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

People thought I’d make ladylike film: Farah on debut film

Discussion in 'Main Hoon Na' started by SharlaJ, Apr 30, 2014.

1. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member

People thought I’d make ladylike film: Farah on debut film
    Posted by: NRIReporterPosted date: April 30, 2014In: Cinema-Showbiz, Editor's Choice

New Delhi, April 30 (IANS) It had a gripping cycle rickshaw chase scene and a heated fist fight between superstar Shah Rukh Khan and action hero Suneil Shetty. Choreographer-filmmaker Farah Khan’s “very loved film” “Main Hoon Na” had all elements that was anything but “ladylike”.

As the film turned 10 Wednesday, she doesn’t regret choosing the superhit action drama that thrilled the audiences to the hilt to launch her as a director.

Farah went into a nostalgic mode when asked about her film completing 10 years.

“We got very nostalgic. All photos my fans are sending me. I don’t even have those photos. Even in office, we couldn’t find pictures because we changed office twice. We remember it like it was last year or something and suddenly it’s been 10 years,” Farah told IANS.

“I wanted to make it for so long. It took around two to three years before I got to make it…from the time I started writing the script. It was a very different film for a woman director to make at that point. People were not expecting this kind of film. They thought I’d make some ladylike film,” she added.

Calling it a “very macho film”, the movie also gave Shah Rukh, the lead actor of the film, a break from romantic sagas like “Kal Ho Naa Ho” and “Chalte Chalte”.

“It was a very macho movie. Even for Shah Rukh. He wasn’t doing action at all that time. He was doing love stories. It was like an action macho film for him also. He enjoys doing action a lot moreÂ… He adds a lot in terms of making the action more thrillingÂ… and it did well everywhere – north, south, interior belt,” she said.

Though she thinks there’s always room for improvement, she considers “Main Hoon Na” to be the perfect film to launch her as a director.

“I had so much fun making it. It’s a very loved film. It comes almost everyday on TV and everyday I get messages on Twitter or BB that they are watching it for the 20th time and still love it. I wouldn’t want to change things. I am very happy. Now my kids watch it. They enjoy it a lot,” said the mother of triplets.

It’s been 10 years, but the 48-year-old still feels nervous.

After pausing for a while, Farah, who has two superhits behind her, said: “I am not confident as director. I still get nervous. I don’t know whether I am heading in the right direction or not. I was far more confident when I was making ‘Main Hoon Na’. Now, pressure is there.”

The “Om Shanti Om” director is now tied up with “Happy New Year”, which she likes to call her “biggest movie”.

“‘Happy New Year’ is very hectic. It is definitely biggest movie Shah Rukh and I have made. It’s a very big movie in terms of scale, star cast and everything. Every shoot has thousands of junior artists. It’s a difficult film for me. But we are having so much fun. The cast and crew are lovely,” she said.

The movie also stars Deepika Padukone, Sonu Sood and Abhishek Bachchan.

She has done so much, but still has a lot more to do. When asked what’s left to explore, she said: “Arey, lots more.”

http://nripress.com/2014/04/30/people-thought-id-make-ladylike-film-farah-on-debut-film/

2. SharlaJ

Suniel Shetty: Shahrukh Khan is one of the finest producer
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:12:12 PM (IST) | Rachana Sheth, Bollywood Trade Editorial

[​IMG]
    suneil-shetty-shahrukh-khan-main.jpg
    SUNIEL SHETTY and SHAHRUKH KHAN

Farah Khan's directorial debut MAIN HOON NA just completed a decade in the industry. While it had Shahrukh Khan as the lead actor, gave a big break to the then newcomers Zayed Khan and Amrita Rao, it also starred Suneil Shetty, who was an integral part of the film and played the antagonist.

As we caught up with the actor for his upcoming film KOYELAANCHAL, one of the journos reminded him of MAIN HOON NAA celebrating ten years. Anna, as he his fondly called, immediately recalled and was all praise for Shahrukh Khan, who co-produced the film. ''I think Shahrukh Khan is one of the finest producers I have ever worked with. For instance, if you are feeling hot and uncomfortable, next thing you will see a blower blowing there. You'll realize that Shah Rukh is pushing it ahead and taking that extra care of the people/team around him...He is one of the most secure actors I have seen in my life,'' he said.

And what makes him say so?

''Well, it was my first proper negative portrayal. When Farah came to me and narrated the script, I thought it was phenomenal. I thought my character was brilliant and well etched out. They thought it to be negative but for me it was all positive,'' said the actor.

''I had an equal footing in the film. Shahrukh was of the opinion that he and I should look at par on-screen. He said that 'I can't beat him (the villain) physically and have to remove those clips to overcome'. If I gave him one punch, he retorted with half a punch, which shows the security of an actor, a lead actor...He was very clear that 'I have my own image and he has his own. MAIN HOON NA was Farah's first film and I think she did super justice to each and every character,'' he further added.

With a team like this, no wonder MAIN HOON NA was a super success!

http://www.bollywoodtrade.com/trade...h-khan-is-one-of-the-finest-producer/2012.htm

Mara, lauraleedooley and rollercoast thank this.
  3. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

One of my favourites. It has everything and I've watched it over and over again! :D
    It was the first entire srk film I saw and I can remember going to work next day and babbling on and on about this amazing crazy film I had watched on TV and the kookiness of the hero chasing the terrorists on a rickshaw. :lol:

I didn't mention that I had fallen head over heels for said hero. :rolleyes: :madgrin:

Mara, lauraleedooley and Debbie thank this.
  4. lauraleedooley

lauraleedooley Bollywood Blogger

Mara says thanks.
  5. SharlaJ

10 years of ‘Main Hoon Na’: Sushmita Sen Tweets on Romancing Shah Rukh Khan
    By Arijita Bhowmik | May 2, 2014 6:49 AM PDT

Diva Sushmita Sen got nostalgic with the rest of the "Main Hoon Na" (MHN) team as they celebrated 10 years of the film on 30 April.

[​IMG]

Sen, who played the role of a gorgeous Chemistry teacher "Chandni" in the film, cherished her role where she had romanced Shah Rukh Khan, playing his love interest.

2.jpg

The actress was all excited as she went on to thank director Farah Khan and fashion designer Manish Malhotra for her gorgeous look in the film, where she was mainly seen in beautiful sarees.

2 - Copy.jpg

Farah, on her part, shared some interesting facts on Twitter about her directorial debut "MHN," which became a blockbuster upon its release in 2004. She shared the film's first shot with Shah Rukh and Sen, and revealed that the plaited girl in the "Gori Gori" song was ace choreographer Geeta Kapur and picked on the famous wet waterfall scene with Khan and Sen.

03.jpg

Shah Rukh, who was sharing the bonhomie of 10 years of "MHN," joined in Farah's conversation as he hilariously suggested a sequel to the film.

3 - Copy.jpg

"MHN" also featured Amrita Rao, Zayed Khan, Kirron Kher with Sunil Shetty in a negative role. A major portion of the film was shot in St. Paul's School in Darjeeling and attaracted many eager spectators during its shooting.

Incidentally, Farah on the occasion of the "MHN" turning a decade older was shooting for her upcoming film "Happy New Year" with the same actor Shah Rukh in the lead role.

http://ca.ibtimes.com/articles/550822/20140502/shahrukh-khan-sushmita-sen-main-hoon-na.htm

Mara says thanks.