1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

'Paheli' fate to be decided today

Discussion in 'Paheli' started by Wafa, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I am so disheartened by the news. its a dawgy dawg world in Hollywood and really.

shervin is right; it doesnt mean paheli is a bad movie and it doesnt take away any merits of being one of the best movies out there. it certainly doesn't lessen our love for it or SRK.

SRK, we are so proud of you and your Paheli and we will always be your supportive fans regardless of any results. InshaAllah next time you will conquer the Oscars and show them how much they're missing out on such great movies of bollywood.

3. Weda

Weda SRK's Sweetheart

OHHHHHH :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout:

But as u said dear Wafa, we're VERY VERY VERY proud of our Shahrukh. He and his films are always numb.1 for us.

4. Poonam

Poonam New Member

I'm sad too and if I were a kid I'd go :hurt:
    Yesterday I watched Paheli - just to ease my tension. Once again, I was so overwhelmed at what a sweet, little jewel of a movie it is. But Hollywood wants to see us Third World types in a permanent state of suffering and dark deprivation. How could they nominate 'Paheli' which shows wealth, joy, colour - and an impossibly gorgeous dude like Shah Rukh ?

Anyway guys, there's no need to lose hope. If anyone's a fighter out there, it's Sharu and this small defeat will only make him take up the challenge more fiercely. Oscar or no Oscar, we love you Shahrukh, because of what you are.Damn these tears...

5. DaStMaPa

DaStMaPa New Member

Of course its sad. But now I hope the German Movie gets the Oscar.

6. annous

annous New Member

I hoped Paheli would be selected, but realistically, I didn't think it will be.
    in recent TV interview SRK said, that the standards for foreign films are different, according to the responses he got in LA, people liked the movie but thought it was too entertaining to win the Oscars, in fact some gentleman in NY told him that the Oscar voters are too well fed and happy that they try to lessen the guilt by choosing small sad movies, and give them the awards. If a movie as dark as Salam Bombay, didn't win in 1989, then Paheli had no chance.
    If you look at the movies nominated, they are too somber and dark, I have seen one of them (Paradise now), and it is very good, dark and very moving, but much much different in theme from Paheli.I was rooting for both of them (one was a Palestinian production, the other was SRK's production).

I think there is a lot of good that can come from this, SRK saw first hand how things in Hollywood work, what kind of movies are accepted, he learned the dynamics of the American movie industry, and that will benefit him on the long run.

7. annous

annous New Member

I am rooting for the Palestinian movie now;) :)

8. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

didn't get into the nomination doesn't mean paheli is bad....we all know that the movie has all the greatest ingredients to be considered as a brilliant movie....

i'm mad! ..... never mind, their loss

9. annous

annous New Member

Hey.. they gave the Oscars to Titanic the same year L.A confedintial was nominated, they also awarded Chicago with best film when LOTR was there.

Oscars voter don't know what they are doing most of the times
    so don't be mad.

10. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

for a start bollywood should consider releasing movies in mainstream theatres for everyone to watch. no many people here heard of bollywood unfortunately. they've got other things to do, like watching desparate housewives:D ..