1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

'Paheli' fate to be decided today

Discussion in 'Paheli' started by Wafa, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Few hours till the nominations are announced... Ya Allah !!! PPPLLLLEEEEAAAAAASSSEEE !!!!! Pray with me shahrukhies... Ya Rab...
    :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: I'm about to faint from nervousness... :faint::faint:

MUMBAI: The fate of Paheli, India's entry to the Oscars, will be known on Tuesday evening.

According to producer Shah Rukh Khan, it was time India won an Oscar, but a few suggestions had to be kept in mind before sending the next film to the Oscars.

"We need to know their mindset. So we need to hire experts from there who can help us select the film. We need to shorten the length of our films, but I would not want our films to lose their essence by deleting songs," he said.

Khan agreed that the outside world knew little about Indian cinema, but Lagaan did help Indian cinema register with those connected to world cinema.

Unlike Lagaan which had to compete with 41 films, this year, Paheli will be competing with films from 59 countries. Khan attended a few screenings of the film and received a mixed response. He felt darker and more morbid films are preferred there.

2. Marini

Marini New Member

Thank you Wafa for sharing. :)

3. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

thanx sis ... pray hard
    oscar is all abt game..we never know how they'll play the game

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I'll have to set my alarm to wake up and watch it at 5:30 am PT

5. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

we're all praying for him... and you too didi... so u can wake up :p

6. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

in'challah paheli will be selected wafa, we'll praying for it.

7. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

:pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2:

Oh, I'm soooooo nervous! I can't wait to hear the announcement!

Oh God! Please! :pray2:

btw: Wafa on what channel can we watch this?

I'll think positive!

:cheer2: :cheer2: Go Paheli! Go Paheli Go...:cheer2: :cheer2:

8. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

oewwwwwwwwwwwww u got me more nervous now....
    fingers crossed

9. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

I get more and more nervous too.

How nervous would be SRK ??

10. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

How sad if it is true. In the german forum they wrote Paheli is not nominated.

11. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

It is over....

:Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

They are soooooo stupid......:yell: :mad2:

12. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

13. Poonam

Poonam New Member

Oh well. I guess it was too much to expect. I was watching 'Seedhi Baat' on Aaj Tak yesterday and I got the feeling even Shah Rukh himself didn't have much hopes.

14. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

These are the nominees:

Don't Tell -Italy
    Joyeux Noël -France
    Paradise Now -Palestine
    Sophie Scholl - The Final Days -Gemany
    Tsotsi -South Africa

15. TARA

TARA "K3T"-Member

Its really ,really sad, :eek: :(

Its over for this year-yes-but lets go on with hope, next year brings new movies, and new chances. We all know, Shah Rukh is such a wonderful actor, he has the energy and the strength to get it once! Inshah Allah!

16. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

:yell: :yell: :yell: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :( :( :(
    im really pissed

17. filmifan

filmifan bhangraholic nattu

yes, i'm very disappointed. but i don't think this will be srk's last brush with the oscars.

more than likely, Paradise Now will win. it won the golden globe and was critically loved here. wafa - not to get off-topic, but have you seen that movie?

18. shervin

shervin Well-Known Member

so what! it doesn't make paheli a bad film.
    it shouldn't be so important for us to get nominated or to get an oscar. as long as the people like indian films and watch them it's good.
    and we shouldn't expect hollywood to give much acknowledgement to indian films, because they surely fear the day when they lose the market to bollywood, and that day will come.

i think shahrukh khan is far better than to be acknowledged by an oscar. no oscar will take the place of the love of his fans, and no star is more loved than he is. in fact they should beg srk to accept an oscar!
    i'm just sad because it was his dream and he put so much money and effort in it and now he must be very disappointed.

19. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Oh shervin you are soooo right!
    Your words are so lovely. You made the point!!! :thumb:

And yes, the love from his fans are more an Award worth as the Oscar ever be can ...

20. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Ohh nooo [​IMG]