1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Our experiences on the set from Ra.One

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by Pedi, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Pedi

Pedi Well-Known Member

Finally we are back at home after a long and exhausting flight :eek:.

Now I know - dreams can come true - you must only to believe in the good, must be sustained and you need also best of luck and courage...:):heart:

I want to start this thread today - Marlies will to carry forward - and I will to continue...
    That`s not so difficult for us and it works faster - because we are not so fast by writing in english ;).

I will start how we come to Goa...
    I think the reason behind why we want to travel to Goa is clear :D - Shah Rukh starts shooting for Ra. One in Goa.
    Actually we planned to stay two weeks in Mumbai - the first weeks with some friends and the second week only Marlies and I together.
    As we heard that Shah Rukh starts shooting in Goa - Marlies want to jump in the next rickshaw to the airport to book our flights. I have to admit that I had some considers... Now I`m very thankful that Marlies convinced me to risk and start our incredible adventure... Thank you soooo much, Marlies :hug::kiss:

We booked our flights at the Domestic airport in Mumbai for two days later (26th of march) - after we had our tickets in our pockets - Marlies calm down :p
    Our last evening for the moment in Mumbai we spend with our friends in the cinema in Bandra with watching "My Name is Khan" :).
    The next day our adventure starts - we took the flight to Goa - without knowing something about Goa, without knowing something about the shooting areas and without hotel reservation.

After we are landed - we booked at the airport in Goa a hotel for the next two days - but in south Goa. The hotel was not really good :eek: and secluded :eek:.... After the first shocks we made the best of it (as always :p) and walked to the beach direct into a nice beach bar - we were very hungry and thirsty....
    In this bar we met very nice people - like everywhere in India during our trip - we told them about our plans to find out the shooting area.
    During watching IPL, eating and chatting we get to know a man from UK - he know nothing about Bollywood or Shah Rukh :p - but I`m sure by the way he googled it :p:D. This man lives half of the year in Goa and half of the year in UK. He called immediately his taxi driver to ask him maybe to find out for us....

Marlies - now it`s your turn :D....
    I will come later (I think tomorrow) again :wave:

mainhoonna says thanks.
  2. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

niceeeee!
    I am so happy for you guys:)
    thanks for sharing Petra:hug:

3. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

AW: Our experiences on the set from Ra.One

Thanks for opening the thread , Pedi!:):thumb:
    Sorry, my english is so bad and it`s very difficult to write in english, I hope for all you can understand me.:confused:

The next day started very well for us.:)
    When we have finished our breakfast early in the morning we saw a man at the reception, he was very excited.
    The man told us, he is a friend from John, the english- man from the bar and he found out where the shooting place is and he will bring us to the arena.
    We can`t believe our luck ,we took the chance and drove to Sinquerim, very far from our hotel because we are staying in south Goa and the arena is in north Goa.
    At first we saw Shahrukh`s van:heart:, our heard was jumping, we were at the right place, thanks John for helping us.:)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We went straight to the reception and told the manager that we are very interested to stay for some days in the arena but we will go around for a look.He said , no problem.
    The first step we have managed, we were inside.:clap2:
    It was very beautiful there, some nice houses and very quiet and idylish.

[​IMG]

We have taken some pics but it was difficult that nobody saw this, to doing pics.
    After a short time we found the set:target:

[​IMG]

It was early in the morning and so there were only some persons there.

After the first look we are going back to the van, sitting on a bench for waiting what happens.
    Step by step the crew and a lot of workers are coming with cars from Mumbai.
    Shahrukh arrived at 3 PM and went quickly in his van.:)
    My god, he looks fantastic with his black shirt, yeans and his read glasses.:heart:
    At 4PM he came out with yeans, black boots, a carriert red and black shirt and a nice hairstyle, the first dress for the the shoot.:heart:
    The cardriver drove him to the set, 50 meters far from the van.
    Then we are going to the set ,also.
    We were very shy , because we had fear, that we must go out when we are to near at the set, so we had a bad place, from which we can`t see enough.
    But we have so much luck!
    A worker from the arena, he had seen us waiting for so long time knew what we will, to see Shahrukh at his work, came to us and brought us about several ways in the middle of the set,
    We were the only guets on the set, nobody from the crew had any objection we were there.
    What a day, more from Pedi!

4. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

WOW! lucky, lucky!
    so happy for you guys.
    beautiful pics.
    thanks for sharing guys:hug:

5. Pedi

Pedi Well-Known Member

Thanks, Marlies :thumb:
    More from me tomorrow - must go to bed - I can`t hold my eyes open longer :eek:
    Home sweet home :) - I`m happy to sleep in my own bed and snuggle with my two kids :hug::kiss::heart: - I missed them very much :eek:

6. calm179

calm179 Active Member

Can't wait for the rest of the story!!!! Did you two meet him? Did you talk? Did you find out the story line of Ra1?

7. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I can feel your excitement!!! God bless those people who come in as angels along the way to make these special things happen!!!

And so our next journey for Ra.One begins!!!!

8. Pedi

Pedi Well-Known Member

AW: Re: Our experiences on the set from Ra.One

Today I will move on with the story - for sure :) - but a bit later....
    Yes, we met him, talked to him and he hugged us on two days - but not on this day... all this we will tell here by the way...

Yes - we also find out something about the story line of Ra. One - but I hope all will understand - we will not talk or tell about the story line from the movie... The whole team allowed us to be there and we are so thankful about that. And we respect because we are sure they don`t want that we talk about the story.
    But what we can say - the movie will have all - action scenes, romantic scenes and funny scenes...
    And I can`t wait for the movie - especially to find the scenes in the movie we seen in Goa live :nod:

We also made no pics on the set during shooting - of course it was not allowed and we respect that !!!!!!! But we enjoyed the whole day very much - we were so close by - unbelievable...

9. Lata

Lata Active Member

All this sounds very nice. Like to read it.

10. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

wow u lucky lucky lucky girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanx for sharing!

11. Pedi

Pedi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the follow-up, Marlies :thumb:

Now I will start with my experiences from this day - I still can`t believe and realize it :faint::faint::faint: what they are allowed us to undergo....
    And I thank the whole shooting team and Shah Rukh from the bottom of my heart :heart: that they allowed it.

We were 13 hours on the set - 5 hours before the shooting starts - and 8 hours we are lucky to see and to keep an eye very close by on Shah Rukh and Kareena :heart:
    It was amazing and I can`t find the words to describe all my feelings...
    We seen 9 several scenes - one in a temples (it was the first scene we had seen and Shah Rukh dressed up in a cool jeans, black/red checked shirt and black boots - Kareena was dressed up traditional in beige/red).
    Before the shooting starts I made this pic from the temples [​IMG]

The next scenes we seen on the terrace on these pics and where the pillars are standing - again before the shooting starts I made these pics

[​IMG] [​IMG]

In the second pic you can see where we are sitting during some scenes - direct on the wall where I write "Pedi @ planet srk" :D - so close by :)

We seen different scenes there - in daylight a scene together with a circa 12 year old cute boy - Shah Rukh was dressed up with black trousers, khaki t-shirt and cool leather jacket with skulls on it and a backpack on his shoulders.
    At night-time Shah Rukh was dressed up with jeans and blue jeans-shirt in some scenes with Kareena (she was dressed up traditional in rose).

Here are two more pics from the resort :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And these pics I made from Shah Rukhs van :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Towards evening some very nice people from the crew offer us tea and something to eat - we were speechless - so much regard/take care for us.
    We gladly accept it because we had since hours nothing to drink or eat - so sweet - unbelievable... So much kindness all around us the whole day - it was really a dream come true for us.... Another man bring us chairs for relaxing...

Our taxidriver waited the whole day in front of the resort for us and asked around for us - he find out that the whole team will change the shooting area the next day - to Aldona.

Here it is Marlies turn again.... I will continue after Marlies next post :D

12. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

OMG. Daaannnng!! You guys are totally lucky and blessed!! How I wish I have money like you guys to travel anywhere wherever you want. :eek:

And that's TOTALLY SWEET of the crew people to offer some refreshment! :D I don't know what I would do if I were you. The only two persons on the set, could watch Shah Rukh all the time, talked, hugged, laughed, etc. :faint: Soooo happy for you guys! :D

13. mumbiene

Thanks for the follow-up,Pedi!:)
    I will write the nextreport in the evening because just I will watch the KKR game and then my daughter is comming in the afternoon to drink coffee with us.

14. dadi

dadi SRK ki wannabe mom

Re: AW: Our experiences on the set from Ra.One

Absolutely great experiences!! Did Shah Rukh know by then that you were there? Did perhaps he himself make his staff to look after you? I really can imagine that!
    Anyway, you both seem to be blessed as far as it is concerning Shah Rukh!:thumb::thumb::thumb::heart:

15. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

Re: AW: Our experiences on the set from Ra.One

Yea!! That's what I was telling them. :D We notice that you know. :p If only I can ask for some of your luck. :p

16. Pedi

Pedi Well-Known Member

AW: Re: AW: Our experiences on the set from Ra.One

Thanks, Karin :hug:
    Yes, it could be :) - I`m sure he seen us and know we were there - we were so close to him :love:. I can also imagine that :love:

17. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your experiences on the Ra 1 set and how you got there.

Looking forward to reading the rest of what happened..and of course especially any encounters you had personally with Shahrukh. :)

18. mumbiene

So ,I will start with my report again.

When we at 2 o clock in the night arived our hotel, I can`t sleep.:rapture:
    I was full of happiness, emotionen and wonderful feelings.:heart:
    The whole night I saw Shahrukh`s face:heart: and his progress of work.:heart:
    To see Shahrukh working is always a great experience and for me it was the first time to see him working at the set.
    He was so konzentriert and I think he don`t see everything around them.
    When he had a break he was sitting one meter far from us with some persons .He discus with them, gave interviews, looked at the monitor from the last szene and before he was going to the next shoot, he styled
    his hair and face.He was very buisy and we haven`t never the idea to go to him.
    The persons from the set can`t believe that Shahrukh make us so happy and they must smile when they looked to us.

On the next day,early in the morning, our taxidriver drove us with our bags to Sinquerim again and serched a nice hotel for the next days for us.
    Then we drove to Aldona, a small town in the inland.
    At first we saw Shahruhk`s van

[​IMG]

Then we saw the shooting place, a small house.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

We spoke with the security on the street that we wish to go to the house.
    The men knew at us from the day before and said, okey.
    So we are going to the house, spoking with some people outside for one an houer.Before the shooting started the boss came to us and said, today it`s not possible to look at the shooting, because `the house is very small, to much people where there and the shoot were only in the house.
    We said okey , we understand this and it`s very nice from you that we could see the shoot yesterday.
    Then we are going to the street ,waiting for Shahrukh.
    When he was coming we saw him in the car because the window wasn`t dark.
    He waved us and smiles when he saw us, that was very nice.:)

At the next day we are going to the shooting place again but it was the same, shooting inside the house.
    So we are going to the van to get a glimps to Shahrukh.
    It was Monday and behind the house there were a school there.Some boys and girls are waiting for Shahrukh, we also.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

When Shahrukh was coming, they are all excited and happy to see him live.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

He looks so fantastic and he wears the black shirt, again.

When he came out of the van he wears the same shirt fot the shoot he had wears at the Mumbai airport.

Pedi had taken better pics from his outfit.I was very nerves.

When Shahrukh was at the shooting we contacted some person from the crew because we had nice gifts for Shahrukh and we don`t know where we could handed this to him, personely.

The crew understand us,saw the gifts and said,on the set it`s not possible but they gave us a tip.Shahrukh is staying with some people from the crew in the Taj Holiday Village.
    On the next day we can go to the arena at 10 o clock in the morning, waiting at the reception.

So, Pedi, that`s your story!

19. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Wooooowwwww! Awesome - congratulations Pedi and Marlies... Really enjoying your story and looking forward to the rest of it along with all the pics. :hug:

20. Pedi

Pedi Well-Known Member

Before I will move on - I will post my pics from the two days in Aldona :)
    Yes, it was really nice when Shah Rukh waveed to us and smiled out of his car - and alone that was worth it to stay several hours in the sun (omg - it was really hot there :eek:).... The second day I had a horrible sunburn on my neck :eek::( - it was really painful and I can`t sleep very well the night :eek:.

But the next day in the morning at Shah Rukhs hotel I forgot about it in this second we saw and met him :love: - but this story I will post hopefully tomorrow....

Here are my pics from Aldona - hope you like them :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]