1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

OSO TO RELEASE IN JAPAN

Discussion in 'Om Shanti Om' started by DianaDimple, Mar 4, 2013.

1. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

http://www.indiatimes.com/entertainm...pan-64289.html

Flash Mob on 'Om Shanti Om' Songs in Japan
    By Times of India | March 4, 2013, 2:09 pm IST - Posted 20 hours ago Music

On Saturday, it was a celebration of Bollywood in Japan as a group of people broke into a dance to songs from Om Shanti Om (OSO) at a public place in Tokyo.

This flash mob, which even had kids, saw participants grooving in typical Bollywood style to songs from the Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone starrer Om Shanti Om. An ardent fan of SRK, Rieko Izuchi, tweeted the picture of the event to director Farah Khan.

Farah was excited about the flash mob and told PT, "I am looking forward to watching the video of the flash mob. I am not tech savvy so I have asked Shirish (Kunder) to download the video for me."

Farah is heading to Japan in three-four days as OSO will be releasing there in mid-March. "I am eagerly waiting to interact with Japanese fans. I am sure they will give me a warm reception. It will be fun to watch the film in Japanese," Farah added.

Other Bollywood films will also be releasing in Japan this year.

"Indian films are not that popular in Japan, but this year OSO, Don 2, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, 3 Idiots and Ek Tha Tiger are releasing here for the first time," Rieko said. While they are hoping to see SRK, they are in for a disappointment. Farah said, "I wanted Shah Rukh and Deepika to be there but they are busy shooting."

niloofari says thanks.
  2. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

3. mumbiene

4. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Farah Khan upset with Eros

Dibyojyoti Baksi, Hindustan Times
    Mumbai, March 11, 2013
    First Published: 18:20 IST(11/3/2013)
    Last Updated: 18:22 IST(11/3/2013)

[​IMG]
    Farah Khan has made her mark in Bollywood by delivering successful films like Main Hoon Na and Om Shanti Om.

Salman Khan’s Ek Tha Tiger (ETT; 2012), which had a roaring release amidst much fanfare in Japan earlier this week, has upset Farah Khan. The director’s 2007 film, Om Shanti Om (OSO), is also expected to release there on March 16. However, Farah feels the distributors — Eros International (who also distributed ETT) — have not promoted the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer as strongly.

“I really fired Eros. Shah Rukh is very popular in Japan, so the film will get a big release and a grand premiere. But there’s not much happening,” says Farah, who claims that the Japanese posters and trailers of the film also went viral a few weeks ago. “OSO is quite a rage there,” says Farah, who will attend the premiere in Tokyo on March 12 and will stay there till March 16.

However, the lead actors of the film — Shah Rukh and Deepika Padukone — won’t attend the premiere as they are completing the shoot of Rohit Shetty’s Chennai Express. “When OSO had released, I was pregnant and I couldn’t go anywhere. Back then, they (SRK and Deepika) travelled across the world with the film. Now, it’s time for me to travel,” says the choreographer-turned-filmmaker, who also takes pride in the fact that OSO has been chosen as the opening film of the Indian Film Festival in Melbourne, Australia.

“The festival, which also marks 100 years of Indian cinema, takes place on May 3. They wanted OSO to be the opening film as it’s a tribute to Indian cinema. It’s a Bollywood-centric movie, set in Bollywood itself,” says Farah.
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/Enter...ah-Khan-upset-with-Eros/Article1-1024639.aspx

zheni says thanks.
  5. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Wow thats so great for our Austrailien Fans. Maybe They can go and watch it at the Festival. What think Chris? Can you go? I hope for you you can. :)

6. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

❤ THE KINGs CLUB ™ ❤ @SRKFC1

#OSO mania in Japan RT @Graphic_Water: @SRKFC1 OSO on the opening day in tokyo japan. http://yfrog.com/9hmpnfj [ @iamsrk @deepikapadukone ]

RizwanaShahrukh says thanks.
  7. mumbiene

Om Shanti Om premiere: Shah Rukh Khan's fans go crazy in Japan

Dailybhaskar.com | Mar 18, 2013, 15:01PM
    3331_oso_8.jpg 9094_fin.jpg 3347_oso_2.jpg
    Actors Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone, who will soon be seen in ‘Chennai Express’, may not have attended the grand premiere of their film ‘Om Shanti Om’ in Japan, but hundreds of fans showed their support for their favorite flick and celebrities. Farah Khan, who directed the film, was in Japan to witness the excitement and fun. Overwhelmed with the response, the filmmaker showed no qualms in posing with fans. In their bid to express their love for Bollywood biggies, fans even carried sketches of both Shah Rukh and Farah Khan.
    Many enthusiastic supporters of Shah Rukh Khan even wore his masks to put forth their allegiance and never-ending love.
    http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/EN...anti-om----premiere-in-japan-4211162-PHO.html

RizwanaShahrukh and Manikanta thank this.