1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

One question about Paheli

Discussion in 'Paheli' started by Anjali72, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Today I watched one of my absolute favourite Shah Rukh Khan movies again: Paheli! I absolutely love this one! I have it in Hindi with and without English subtitles and also a German version. But one thing is missing in the subtitled and also in the German version: There is one little word which is often said either from Shah Rukh or from Rani. To me it sounds like "tat" or maybe "tut" (but the u pronounced as a). And this little word is translated nowhere. Maybe some of our Hindi speaking members can help me and tell me what it means?:)

danshula, Yeh Dil and L.O.V.E. thank this.
  2. L.O.V.E.

L.O.V.E. Member

In the Russian version, it's translated as "ah, c'mon, stop it" (in a good way, playfully) =)

But I'm definitely looking forward to hearing what the native speakers have to say.

Anjali72 and Yeh Dil thank this.
  3. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

I think you mean to say, the word "Dhat" - often used as "Dhat teri ki" etc. - its an expression to say basically, "Oh! no." type answer. :)

Anjali72 and L.O.V.E. thank this.
  4. L.O.V.E.

L.O.V.E. Member

This is so fascinating! I am obsessed - and I mean it - with "Paheli", so learning something new about it is just [​IMG]

Anjali72 says thanks.
  5. Anjali72

Thank you Anshula and Maria!:hug::hug: Your translations both helped me a lot to fill this little word with sense! I love when they say "Dhat" to each other. It sounds so tenderly and playful!
    So we are two, Maria Dear! Since I watched Paheli the first time in Hindi with English subs I am obsessed with "Paheli" and watched it several times since then! I love everything about it, the costumes, the scenery...could go on for ages with praising it! Happy to hear someone loves this movie like I do!:kiss:

L.O.V.E. says thanks.
  6. L.O.V.E.

L.O.V.E. Member

Oh, yeeeeah!!:cool: My obsession with this movie has no limits =) I feel like I can talk for hours about each individual scene :D

Anjali72 says thanks.
  7. Anjali72

Same here Dear!:nod:

L.O.V.E. says thanks.
  8. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

I also love this movie .... it can be said that he introduced me to Shah Rukh Khan and Indian cinema.

L.O.V.E. and Anjali72 thank this.
  9. Anjali72

For me it was the first movie I watched hearing Shah Rukhs wonderful voice in original! And then- similar to your experience- my interest in Shah Rukh and the Indian cinema itself was born!

10. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

This is one of my top ten and cannot figure out why people say it was not the best for him!

darina4srk and Anjali72 thank this.
  11. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

For me, this movie-love in its purest form .... about what every woman dreams of, but we never meet in real life.

Anjali72 and MaryAnnK thank this.
  12. Anjali72

I am really impressed how many members here love this movie. Never thought to get such quick responses to my question!

L.O.V.E. and MaryAnnK thank this.
  13. L.O.V.E.

L.O.V.E. Member

Well, as I usually say, you have to feel it ;)

That's the exact word my mom uses to describe their love. She says, "And their love, it's so pure."

14. kahaanii2802

kahaanii2802 Pagal Naanii

I love Paheli too - it is my 'good mood' movie - when I'm somehow down, it lifts me up very quickly. It's a real fairy-tale and all the brightly coloured dresses, and, and and:)

MaryAnnK and Anjali72 thank this.
  15. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Paheli is also one film that I will lend out to someone who has never seen a Bollywood film (SRK), just because it is such as sweet story being told. Love stories transcend all cultures!

darina4srk, L.O.V.E. and Anjali72 thank this.
  16. Anjali72

So right Mary Ann!:hug: A great film to introduce Idian cinema to someone who has never seen such films before. I love the pure love it is about.

MaryAnnK and L.O.V.E. thank this.