1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Not all's well between Kareena, Shah Rukh?

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by S.one, Jan 11, 2012.

1. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

:suspicious: please explain...

2. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

you are right about that : they have "overreacted" :thumb:

Karan#1 says thanks.
  3. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

:lol: lol! spot on! :clap2:

frenchfan says thanks.
  4. Yeh Dil

Yeh Dil He is my live

:lol: I don't know. Ask your hubby. :madgrin:
    But, I know there's no man in the universe who can be as sexy as a cerebral man like Shah Rukh brains :amen:

RizwanaShahrukh and frenchfan thank this.
  5. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

1. They're not, they are my opinions...yet you seem to take them as fact and get offended..I can't help that, will continue to express how I want to express!
    2. I understand that but a person asked why the film didn't do well at the BO, I'm simple answering that question, perhaps you should not look at everything as being said directly to you! I'm not questioning why you liked the film, where have I done that?
    3. Compared because one trended well, the other didn't....the genre maybe different but there are still universal reasons why films don't work and some do!

6. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

Excuse me, yaar, but we are on a forum. So I know that you weren't questionning me directly; but I'm free to speak too, right? Anyway thanks for confirming that you are only speaking your opinions.

I didn't get offended by what you were saying, but I start feeling offense by the tune you're using with me now.
    Stop it with the bold letters. We all know to read, thanks. And you don't have to put things 1.2.3 etc, I'm not THAT idiot, thanks. I know also that you're not questionning MY opinion, that's an evidence, thanks!

I don't agree with you on those "universal reasons", BUT PLEASE, don't waste your time exposing those so-called reasons to me. I've said earlier today that I had no interest in this discussion anymore.
    I came back only because you quoted my post and because I disliked your way of speaking to me.

Debbie and Yeh Dil thank this.
  7. Striper

Striper Striper

I was about to answer to Sami's detailed objections to Ra.One (thank you for that :) unfortunately most people don't give details) when I read Yeh Dil's post. I have nothing to add... I think that Ra.One (like other films of Mr. Khan) have to been watched more than once to see what matters). It's the same with the man himself...there is a surface...and there is much, much more :)

8. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

I see valid points on both sides of the argument, though I do wish people weren't so short with eachother. I have to say though, I'm not indian and consider myself open, liberal minded, that I did find some of the humour a little awkward at times and the dancing and stuff in criminal also which I have said before somewhere, However if someone were to ask me if I enjoyed watching the movie and was I entertained then I'd answer `Absolutely` is there room for improvement `always`!

9. Striper

Striper Striper

It may seem strange but I think that Ra.One is - after Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa - a movie that is extremely close to Mr. Khan. Somehow I am sure that he would have liked to deliver something else - at least slightly - but there was the pressure of time and a director with creative limits (to say it in a nice way).
    I think equally, that Ra.One is (and was intentioned) as a hommage to Aryan and kids in his age group and to the boy ShahRukh was at a time BEFORE his father's cancer and death gave a turn to his life (and to the boy he still is inside).
    I have the feeling that the movie tries to cater to various issues, multilayered as Mr. Khan himself, and it juxtaposes opinions in opposition like the persona of Mr. Khan does :)

Debbie says thanks.
  10. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

i wonder which box office you're talking about, the Indian or International one?
    because in India.. MNIK, KANK, Swades didn't do well.. do they belong to Ra One list too?

11. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Both, it was a general and most apt indication - the better the trending in both regions of a movie, the better its acceptance, simple as that. Only swades didn't do well - the others were hits but underperformed. Swades wasn't accepted at all by the audience since it was an offbeat film but it was a rare case where the film got a cult status later on. Mnik, kank and ra.one were hits but weren't accepted too well by the Indian audience since they underperformed and didn't trend too well.

12. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Sigh... so now we've gone to judging all films by their "trending" or "under-performing", etc.
    I think I'd like to go back to discussing whether we like the films. This constant technical analysis of figures is getting tedious.

frenchfan and bluey[Ru] thank this.
  13. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Thank you!

14. Karan#1

I mentioned trending and underperforming only in reply to someone else.

15. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Like the article in another thread said... If a film that is in the top 5 all time highest crossers, is not considered to have done well at bo, then what is... (this wasn't an exact quote, but the thought behind it)

Alenka says thanks.
  16. Karan#1

That's true but ra.one had potential to do more and in fact become the highest grosser ever but it didn't for obvious reasons.

17. Striper

Striper Striper

For me, too, heart is more important than numbers, but I have to admit that my heart was in high spirits everytime I read about the sold out cinemas, the good acception in overseas...and my heart wept when I read about the desastrous effect of the intentional Ra.One bashing (I am more than sure that a whole lot of people only waited if the movie would fail and as it did not, they pulled all strings to catapult the movie out of cinemas). Mr. Khan did not give a reason (like at the times of My Name Is Khan release) to pull him down already at the release, so there had to be empolyed other tactics. The so-called "bad word of mouth" could not have such a quick impact without relevant strategies. I am sure of that.

Debbie, Yeh Dil and bluey[Ru] thank this.