1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Not all's well between Kareena, Shah Rukh?

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by S.one, Jan 11, 2012.

1. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

sooo agree with that!!
    each person must be the judge of the movie they watch not get effected by whatever others say, cause they too speak of their own point of view/opinion that is different from anyone else!

as much as SRK is hated in the industry by those losers, i am never afraid of his career.. it only means that the more jealousy he gets, the more successful he is :)

frenchfan says thanks.
  2. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

exactly!

this scares me so much .:Cry: like today, the entire day i had a headache and still do from thinking about all the hatred towards shah :(

i mean what??? just like what has the man done to deserve so much animosity???! :(

I wonder if he killed someone, went to jail, beat up women, tortured his sister, left his wife n kids, WTF will India then do??? Exile him?:Cry:

he is the sweetest, most decent, most well mannered man in that country.. he does so much for the betterment of the country n its people...and this is the thanks he gets??!

im so lorry for lashing out.. but its getting too much for me..its beginning to affect my health :(

Sofie and Debbie thank this.
  3. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

The huge glory causes huge envy.... Such is human nature.... than above you fly up, The more envious persons...

We as admirers should a thicket write to he about the love and admiration, there is no sense to be angry and increase quantity of harm in the world.

4. Yeh Dil

Yeh Dil He is my live

It is not possible to refer to individual comments. I agree with the comments made by Debbie and Ru.
    But I must say I find this discussion annoying about small details

Ra.One is a great entertainment for young and old. Quite different than what we accustomed. This includes a lot of courage and energy. He has been proven.
    Had this movie been filmed in Hollywood, no one would probably say something. Because movies like Batman or Superman - excused this comparative - both are terrible - have achieved good results and reviews. Ra.One is better classes.

I wish so much that SRK can not be influenced by the negative reviews and a sequel is. He deserves it.
    No one should evaluate the quality of a film of personal preference or public opinion of press idiots.

Debbie and bluey[Ru] thank this.
  5. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

The best evaluation of a film is how it went at the box office and more over its trending at the box office to show how the audience (which a film is made for) accepted the film.

sami16 says thanks.
  6. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

You might want to check this out.......this is not always true........
    10 Beloved Movies That Started as Box-Office Disappointments
    http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/08/31/popular-movies-box-office-bombs/

The one I really find interesting is Jimmy Stewart's "It's a Wonderful Life" "But the holiday story that doesn't often get told is that 'Wonderful' was anything but at the box office, laying an egg so huge that it pretty much single-highhandedly destroyed director Frank Capra's fledgling production company Liberty Films. It wasn't until the film lapsed into the public domain in the 1970s and started wallpapering TV during the month of December that audiences discovered what a gem it was -- which, in a weird way, affirms the movie's good-karma message."
    Now most of us feel it isn't Christmas till we watch it!

Anyway I want to end this, even if I don't feel I received any real answers.......just feel it is a real shame that so many listened to the negativity and didn't get to enjoy Ra. One. But I for one don't want to dwell on that negativity, think I'll watch it again!

7. Karan#1

Lets hope ra.one becomes a cult film

8. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

Script wasn't tight: e.g too many loose ends.....pinpoints: where did Shahana Goswami dissappear off too?....what was Pibi2 and its significance to the film other than being a tattoo on AR head? Ra. One was built up as the ultimate villain (10 evilest brains into one) so why was the method to kill him so easy to work out?

Irrelevent portions: Rajinikanth entry (needless cameo), Dildaara song (no need for it other than to appeal to SRK romantic fans, slowed down the film even more),
    Characterizations weren't done well because they where ALL stereotypes, people are fed up with stereotypes!...how many stereotypes can you have in one film? Perhaps 1 or 2 at the most, this had 5 if not more:The ayyo-tamil professor? the punjabi-modern girl? the money greedy boss? the fat and funny uncle? the chinese dude who doesn't like comparisons to other chinese people?ALL stereotypes! the only non-stereotype was the kid, Arjun Rampals Ra. One and G. One!
    Also Ra. One is meant to again be the ultimate villain, why is he not shown as being a villain and dangerous to the public....why did he not threaten and harm/at least put the fate of others directly in his hand?

Strong enough emotional content between the characters: I don't agree with this, I think SRK and co got this part spot on

Cheap jokes: the film was aimed at children, SRK said this himself, so why was there so many jokes (no one minds crude jokes, thats part and parcel of superhero films) about the crotch and condoms (for all the jokes in the world for a KIDS film, they joke about condoms...seriously? I imagine parents must have had a field day! Which parent wants their kids to know about condoms! They also show a lady in a sex video slapping her bum during the school scene at the beginning! Whats more SRK is a parent himself! How did he pass such jokes knowing fullywell he was aiming this film at kids!)

Lack of Action: Don't agree here

Climax: simply not good enough.....you've built up the entire film, a great fight in battersea power station, amazing vfx, a great train scene and then a climax (which could have featured Ra. One and G. One meeting face to face first time (actually they did)....there could have been a spectacular battle here just involving the two video game character....perhaps involving a few of the public people in danger perhaps) in a bulding with a little kid chirping away through the entire scene? all superhero films are for kids (possibly besides Chris Nolans Batman series)...yet little kids have never appeared in other climaxes to ruin the climax battle, I wonder why?

promotion: The film was promoted everywhere, it had to be, but then the promotion suggested this was the mother of all films "the next level"....the promotion lead to over hype, this lead to an even worse reaction when people realised the film was not up to scratch! And also those that where impressed would have been impressed only slightly as there expectations where already HUGE!

There was also this pre-planned negativity which also resulted in bad-trending, alot of people spread stupid and hater views about the film without even seeing it....but don't mistake of thinking the film was perfect, there where alot of flaws which ive just pinpointed in the film that resulted in Ra. One trending badly...the film wasn't innocent!

NOW, LETS LOOK AT DON 2, a film that trended much better and was much better received:

Script: was pretty tight..there was not many plot holes, people didn't appear and dissappear for no reason! everything was explained....all lose ends tied up, even the Hritikh cameo was well done and was plausible!

Irrelevent portions: not many (perhaps the begining SRK fight) and though the first half was a bit slow it was trying to ensure the story made sense, nothing was irrelevent to the story, each scene added something new.

Characterizations: There wasn't alot of stereotypes, Don is not a stereotype (model walk etc), nor is Vardhaan with his facial expressions etc, perhaps only Roma and Abdul Jabbar where a bit of stereotypes, but thats two in the entire cast

Climax was good: Audience sensed that Don would clash with Vardhaan and Jabbar and he did in a big way, almost 7-8 mins of jus them fighting and alot of testosterone flying around...even a bit of emotional content thrown in, climax lived up to the build up in the film!

jokes: humour was derived from Don himself, jokes where not cheap, Don actually spoke lines which Im sure quite a few guys agree with!

Promotion: wasn't overdone, it simply said what it was, another story of Don, there was no "this is the next level of filmmaking" stuff, people saw the film with little or some expectation and therefore where impressed even more or dissapointed just slightly!

RizwanaShahrukh, Cila and Karan#1 thank this.
  9. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

WOW!!!!.....JUST WOW!!!!!:tsk:

10. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

@sami16. I think we have understood that you liked Don2 much more than Ra.One, but can you please stop expressing YOUR opinions as if it were FACTS? Is it THAT difficult to understand that many people liked the film WITH his flaws? Plus it's quite off-topic to make a comparison between 2 films which don't come in the same category? would you compare Avatar with Scareface as an example?

As Ru told you in another thread already, many people around the world (like I do) go & watch movies to ENJOY without analyzing every details of it.
    (I'll reply only on the "not-for-kids jokes", I don't thing that this kind of films is made for 4 years old kids; teen-agers more, and as a parent and as a teacher, I can assure you that teen agers are fond of this jokes)

@ mods : sorry to give you more work, but this topic ( Kareena in a Ra.one sequel? ) has become a Ra.One critic, is it possible to merge it in an appropiate thread? It would AVOID THE SPOILERS!!!

@ everymembers participating here (especially the details lovers) : I thought I was in a thread about Kareena, and I've met many spoilers about Ra.One and even about Don2 now! thank you very much!

Yeh Dil, RizwanaShahrukh and Alenka thank this.
  11. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

Debbie says thanks.
  12. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

It is strange that you consider as Box-Office disappointment a film, taken the second place of all time on Box-Office ....

13. Yeh Dil

Yeh Dil He is my live

Anne you've got quite right. But still do not get mad when I'm on the last comment again in detail. Then I will not here comment. ;)
    Here are my comments. Then I have no desire to discuss it, but prefer to enjoy the other threads.

P.1. Shahana Goswami, work with Shekar. After his death Sonia and son moves. Why should she go? Logical?P.2. 've Probably does not pay attention in chemistry class Pibi2 Pb2. One component of the electrical engineering for the construction of lead acid batteries. Logical?This symbol was converted to an interesting way.P.3. Why not. I see no problem in there.It was a tribute to Rajini. Furthermore, the film was released in Tamil and Telugu.P4. Dildaare song was necessaryThe mother sees her son after the death of his father for the first time and thinks back to the happy times with her husband. It shows the ratio of family to each other and to the new friend Gevan. Perfectly logical and understandable.P5 clich├ęsStereotypes belong in every movie. A mad professor in the Science Fiction even more so. Loosen up and have a good transition.P6: You complain about the bad guy that he was not proven strong enough.It was pointed out strong in battle, by the look in his eyes, by the ever present danger, you could feel.P7 condoms, sexy-girls are dancing for adolescent normality in this age group. It's called puberty. I myself am mother, and I know how guys are just at that age.At P6 and P7: This is a little strange. On the one hand, you is not the villain good enough and on the other hand, you get excited about condoms. What now. Family film family movie or not.P8 There was no meeting on the train itself Ra.One and G. One. It was Sonia who has been hypnotized. G. One has brought her back from hypnosis.P9:Battle scenes with victims and screaming children. Hi, this is a family film for all ages.He himself has family and knows what he can expect of children in movies and what not.So, as I judge him, he has appointed several times with his son discussed the scenes.
    On the rest I'm not taking any pleasure, because it has nothing to do with it, I think the film well. And Don is not an issue here at all 2.

Debbie, SWEET, Alenka and 1 other person say thanks.
  14. frenchfan

I don't get mad at anybody :thumb:
    LOL every one is free of commenting, yaar:hug:...Just felt it was out of topic, and, I must admit that these "professional discussions" about cinema & industry are not my cup of 'coffee' :) I will try to avoid the threads where people are getting too serious!

I'm more into idiots topic :madgrin: More safe for my lil blond brains! :drama:

Yeh Dil and Alenka thank this.
  15. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

@Yeh Dil

It is very well told!!!!!!

Yeh Dil says thanks.
  16. Karan#1

I know most people on here including me seem to have no problem with the so called vulgarity but there were quite a few teenagers who felt emberassed watching it with their parents and some parents who who were disgusted at such stuff especially since they went to watch it with their children.

And I guess a lot of that has to do with conservative society of India.

frenchfan says thanks.
  17. Yeh Dil

Yeh Dil He is my live

I know, but a reference to :focus: can not hurt sometimes.

professional discussions :pound::pound::pound::pound: - where :noidea:

idiots topic - that's good, i love idiots topic too. :madgrin:

Well, lil blond brain :hug:- brains are so sexy in this time - yeah :heart: :kiss:

frenchfan says thanks.
  18. frenchfan

I am not from India but I think it's way too much to speak about a "conservative society of India". Such a generalisation can't be applied to a country with more than one billion people.
    When I was living in Delhi, I was amazed by the very "free" sense of humour of the Indian people I have met (youngsters or adults, traditional living people and more western influenced one as well). So from what I know, I didn't find them at all conservative. On the contrary, I myself felt I was really "prude" :lol:

and I'm glad you speak about "SO-CALLED" vulgarity; joking using polite words about "main parts" or "condoms" is not vulgar...
    And I guess it could be a bit hypocrite to act shocked :drama: just because of that, from teen-agers especially.

Anyway, I think I'll leave this conversation; as I told earlier, it's too serious for me

RizwanaShahrukh and Yeh Dil thank this.
  19. Karan#1

I'm just saying there were quite a lot of people who overreacted and objected to such stuff.

frenchfan says thanks.
  20. frenchfan

Some people are really explaining things as if they were "cinema & business teachers"...I don't feel any fun in this, though I can understand it's interesting matters for them...That's why I'll stay away of those topics :madgrin:

:lol: Q: Can a lil blond brain be as sexy as a cerebral man like Shah Rukh brains ? :nerd:

Yeh Dil says thanks.