1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Not about the money! Juhi Babbar on working on SRK's Ghar Ki Baat Hai

Discussion in 'Ghar Ki Baat Hai' started by Bridget, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Not about the money!
    Juhi Babbar tells Srabanti Chakrabarti that her theatre background and sense of timing are helping her immensely in doing a comedy show.

In India the dynasty rule concept goes beyond politics and covers almost all existing professions — be it business, sports or entertainment. And we seem to be enjoying and patronising it pretty well! So it is not just a Rahul Gandhi or an Omar Abdullah that we like to see and discuss, we like to have Anil and Mukesh Ambani, Rohan Gavaskar and even Ranbir Kapoor.

Interestingly, in the recent past, the entertainment industry has been witness to the maximum number of babalog and babylog phenomenon (as the dynasty rule concept is fondly referred to)! Abhishek Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan Ranbir Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, Soha Ali Khan — the list in the Hindi film industry seems to be endless. The latest to join the hall of fame is Juhi Babbar, daughter of Raj and Nadira Babbar. After being in the industry for some time, she finally seems to be making her presence felt with the SRK-produced show Ghar Ki Baa Hai on NDTV Imagine.

Juhi had tried an entry in Bollywood few years back but her launchpad — Kaash Aap Hamare Hote — sank in the Box Office without a trace. Though her Punjabi film was a big hit, her career in films never really took off. “There was no dearth of offers, but none of them were good. I did no want to lower my standards, compromise and do any film that came by. I am not into this for money,” says Juhi while attending a call from actor-turned-politician Raj Babbar.

Juhi is now back in the news and spotlight with the new serial Ghar Ki Baat Hai from Red Chillies Idiot Box — Sharukh Khan’s production company. “Actually, I have been focusing on theatres for the last few years,” says Juhi when quizzed on what she has been doing in the past. Following the footsteps of her mother — illustrious theatre personality Nadira Babbar — Juhi had been acting in plays, conceiving and even conducting theatre workshops. “In the last few years, I have written, produced and directed plays like Pencil Se Duster and Begum Jaan. I have also been helping my mom with the production of her plays. Since I am a trained and qualified fashion designer, I help her with the costumes of her plays,” says the pretty actress who feels the stage is the real place to show your talent.

In fact, according to Juhi it was because of this feeling that she stayed away from television and films all these years, despite getting many offers. Finally it had to be a pull from the SRK brand that made her decide in favour of Ghar Ki Baat Hai. “I had got so many offers from television that if I took even half of them, I would have become a television personality by now! I liked the concept behind this new show and since the offer came from SRK’s production house I could not say no! In fact, what has surprised me more is the kind of personal interest he takes in this show. He comes to the sets often, talks to people, give suggestions and ensures that all of us are comfortable,” says the Shahrukh Khan fan who feels that her theatre background and sense of timing is helping her immensely in doing a comedy show.

Does this mean that she will now concentrate on television as her career? “Everything depends on the kind of work I get. As I said earlier, I am not into this for money. If the role is good, I might even agree to do a saas bahu soap. I feel, since it caters to a huge audience, made properly a saas bahu serial can be immensely ‘watch-able’. However, I am not very comfortable with reality shows since I cannot sing and dance like other actors,” explains Juhi who wants to continue doing plays. “I don’t think I can live without theatre,” she concludes.

http://www.deccanherald.com/Content/Feb222009/sundayherald20090221119895.asp

2. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

nice to hear!!

3. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

awww
    this was so nice to read this