1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

No film shows in Mumbai on Sunday

Discussion in 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' started by mumbiene, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

It's very sad for the country to have to deal with people like this. Indian Independence is still fairly new, and growing pains are natural for a country, the US is going through some tuff ones right now itself.

I just pray that nothing bad happens, India is very noticed in the world now, and will have to eventually deal with this kind of intimidation. But for now I can understand what the business owners feel. But it is very sad.

Hope everyone will move past this quickly.

Prerna Dewan says thanks.
  2. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

I disagree, even if this was the case before which I guess it could have been, then it became one way traffic post SRKs comment on Pakistan during MNIK release, Balasaheb was quite an unforgiving man and someone who was stubborn in his beliefs, you can tell this from his actions as a political leader, he continually bad mouthed SRK in his mouthpiece 'Saamna' post MNIK (do a quick google search of 'Saamna SRK'), even during the very recent Mumbai stadium brawl....if Balasaheb believed he shared a personal rapport with SRK then he would have ended his enimity with SRK post MNIK, as I'm sure at the time he targetted SRK as much for publicity as for anything else and could have explained the incident away as being a publicity stunt if he and SRK met again.

Anyway, good on SRK for looking past all this and tweeting

3. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

This is very bad news and I feel bad for the people of Mumbai, who have to deal with these thugs.

About SRK saying he shares a personal rapport witht he head thug... Any Mumbaikars feel free to corrct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that all BW celebrities need to keep up the appearances of diplomacy witht the shiv sena, because otherwise they will get targeted by the thugs. And even though Shahrukh is targeted a LOT it probably would have been even worse if he didn't speak respectively of the head gangster.

4. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

I agree, its more to avoid any misunderstandings between their own films and the Shiv Sena followers etc

5. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

i cant remember either. that's so sad too.

6. srkjuhi

srkjuhi Well-Known Member

I was indeed talking about their dynamic before the MNIK controversy took place. I'm aware of the kind of stuff he wrote in his mouthpiece 'Saamna'. What sets Shahrukh apart is that he never apologized and that obviously didn't go down well with the Thackerays as they are used to people bowing down before them. What probably angered them even more is that majority of the people stood by Shahrukh so I'm aware of how their dynamic was now. In my post I was merely refering to how it used to be and even there I agree with whoever stated that it perhaps was more about just being diplomatic rather a genuine bond I guess.

7. raksha anantharam

raksha anantharam Well-Known Member

8. Prerna Dewan

Prerna Dewan Well-Known Member

This is absolute bullshit. (excuse me for the language) but this outright bullying and fear-mongering. Really? You have to force mourning down someone's throat and prevent them from going out and having a good time for 3 continuous days irrespective of whether he commands that kind of respect in each person or not? :ohwell:

srkjuhi says thanks.
  9. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

is this for jthj?

10. Prerna Dewan

Yes. Because of the passing of Bal Thackeray, theatres all over Maharashtra were closed on Saturday evening, Sunday (the entire day), and shall remain closed tomorrow. This shall certainly affect JTHJ as Maharashtra is an important centre and films do a considerable chunk of business in the region.

11. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I wonder if this is payback for MNIK?

12. srkjuhi

I don't know how accurate this is but some of the news channels here are showing that there is no Mumbai bandh today.

13. raksha anantharam

14. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

15. raksha anantharam

16. Yeh Dil

Yeh Dil He is my live

It is sad ... if the cinemas are closed and nowhere you can see JTHJ.... But not only JTHJ would not been shown ... NO MOVIE was shown

A man, who was adored from millions of people, who was celebrated from Bollywoodstars has died.
    More than 2 million citizens took place at the burning from Thackerays corpse in Mumbai.
    No wonder, that they closed the city. Can you imagine what happens there. They needed more than 20.000 police officers in the town.
    Retailers, wholesalers and jewellers dont work today, That is a lost for the business from RS 250 or more.
    The Shiv Sena clarified on Sunday that it hasn't called for a bandh. "The shutdown call is purely voluntary. We have not called for any kind of shutdown,"...

I dont believe that many ppls there would go in the cinema in this days ... so we should be quiet .. all will be normal ... JTHJ will be shown and will croses the boxoffice
    That has nothing to do with SRK or JTHJ .... i dont believe that anyone in Mumbai think about this now

17. srkjuhi

18. Ladyinred

Ladyinred Well-Known Member

It's sad but true srkjuhi. :(
    This man was an extremist and his party is chauvinist and nationalistic. "Celebration" from Bollywood stars is more diplomacy I think. Shiv Sena is powerful, unfortunately...

19. Yeh Dil

Yeh Dil He is my live

I know what he is ... if i like it or not ... fact is how many ppl are there and that it could be too dangerous ... so why not close ... his followers wouldnt go to cinema and the others stay at home to safe themselves

20. Prerna Dewan

The people in Mumbai live in constant threat that if they were to utter one bad word about the Shiv Sena, their goons would come rampaging. I'm pretty sure the SS does not have affiliation of any Bollywood star as far as its ideology is concerned. They may have had personal associations with Bal Thackeray, but I'm pretty sure no one would endorse their ideology. Even the news channels, in their reporting of the death, went pretty soft and hardly mentioned any of the contentious issues. The simple reason is if they raise a voice against them, their offices is Mumbai would be destroyed. As far as the issue of 'voluntary shutdown' is concerned, let me tell you that there are lots of people who haven't had access to groceries and pharmacies because all have been shut down out of fear. I'm sure there's a certain section who admired the man, but they certainly do not represent everybody.

ASLH, srkjuhi, phul and 2 others thanked this.