1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

News articles based on Shahrukh's tweets

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by mumbiene, Jan 3, 2010.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

SRK to share life on Twitter
    IANS 4 January 2010, 12:00am

After Karan Johar, Priyanka Chopra and Preity Zinta, now Bollywood Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has joined social networking site

"Being extremely shy, I never thought I would be here (on Twitter). But my friend Karan Johar insisted that I should learn to share my life," Shah Rukh posted on his Twitter page.

"Thanks everyone, this is really sweet...didn't expect such a warm welcome. Love to you all," he added.

The superstar was hardly seen on big screen in 2009 except in "Billu", and explaining the reason behind his absence, he wrote: "Injury has kept me away from making more films. Will work my back off to be around more... the shoulder feels strong and so do I."

In February last year, Shah Rukh underwent an arthroscopic surgery for acute pain in his left shoulder at the Breach Candy hospital in south Mumbai.

He is now gearing up for the release of his much-talked about film "My Name Is Khan" which also stars Kajol.

Releasing Feb 12, the film's story revolves around Rizwan Khan (Shah Rukh) who suffers from Asperger syndrome, a form of autism. Rizwan falls in love with a single mother Mandira (Kajol) who lives in San Francisco. Rizwan is detained by authorities at Los Angeles International Airport, mistaking his disability for "suspicious" behaviour.

Right now Shah Rukh is enjoying his holiday with wife and children.

"Kids and life calling...watching Tim Burton's '9' (animated fantasy film directed by Shane Acker) with them...last holiday...so up late...catch up later...," he wrote in his latest posting.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...share-life-on-Twitter/articleshow/5407594.cms

lauraleedooley and FKhan thank this.
  2. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

Re: SRK to share life on Twitter

OMG:scared::scared::scared:

3. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

lets keep all the twitter stuff in one thread! :)

4. mumbiene

Shah Rukh Khan joins Twitter bandwagon
    PTISunday, January 3, 2010 19:04

[​IMG]

New Delhi: Bollywood 'Badshah' Shah Rukh Khan has joined Twitter, and has amassed a following of 11,000 followers on his first day on the microblogging website, which is a hit with celebrities.

Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra and Mallika Sherawat are the Bollywood stars on Twitter, but Khan is set to be the most popular 'tweeter'.

"Being extremely shy, I never thought I would be here (on Twitter). But my friend Karan Johar insisted that I should learn to share my life," Shah Rukh posted on his page.

"Thanks everyone, this is really sweet... didn't expect such a warm welcome. Love to you all," he added.

The actor shared his daily routine with his fans, tweeting, "kids and life calling... watching tim burton's 9 with them, last holiday... so up late... catch up later. sleep or be awake well. love to all(sic)."

Khan who will be seen on the big screen again this year in the much-awaited My Name is Khan explained his absence saying, "Injury has kept me away from making more films, will work my back off to be around more, the shoulder feels strong and so do I."

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_shah-rukh-khan-joins-twitter-bandwagon_1330473

5. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

i was astounded when i read this!!!!!! im following him on twitter now :p

6. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

and YOUR twitter id will be?!! :)

7. mumbiene

8. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

its BREAKING NEWS on some channels :lol:

9. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

I am not surprise with all the articles:p
    This should give the media something to talk about for a while since they have nothing else:D

10. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

SRK's followers on Twitter cross 17400 in 24 hours

The usually reclusive Shah Rukh Khan joined Twitter early Sunday morning at 2.38 am under the ID, iamsrk. Almost immediately, Twitterverse went berserk. Everyone from Riteish Deshmukh to Abhishek Bachchan, Farhan Akhtar and Vivek Oberoi fell over themselves welcoming him.

And SRK's best buddy, filmmaker Karan Johar even tweeted after Shah Rukh crossed the 10000-mark in 12 hours, "twitterverse in a tizz!!! iamsrk will am sure enjoy the twitterpower and add it to it in his own way...."

Do it, SRK!
    It was KJo who finally convinced SRK to join Twitter on January 3 after months of persuasion. How did he do it? Says Karan, "I feel as if I am the unofficial brand ambassador of Twitter as I convinced so many people to join. Whereas Shah Rukh is concerned, I would get many comments on Twitter everyday and about 80 per cent of them would ask me to convey a message to SRK. I finally told him there were millions of people out there who had so much of love for him.

Pyaar kiye jaa...
    Karan adds that till now Shah Rukh wasn't keen on joining as he has so much happening in his life. "Essentially Shah Rukh is a very shy person. Also, he doesn't have too much time. Being a part of Twitter is like being in a relationship where you have to be faithful to your love (Twitter) and give it time every day. It's your lover. When so many people love you, you make sure you deliver. Now SRK will be a committed lover on Twitter. He crossed the 10000 follower mark in half a day which shows how popular he is. Now that he has opened his heart, Shah Rukh will feel their love."

He continues,"So finally yesterday Shah Rukh said okay. He understood the modalities and we (Shah Rukh, Karan and Kajal Anand) created his page."

The next person who KJo is persuading to get onto Twitter is SRK's My Name Is Khan heroine Kajol. "Kajol is very particular about keeping her personal life private so I don't know if I will be able to convince her but I am definitely trying hard."

Khan's tweet street
    Bye now... lemme figure out if i do really snore or not...will keep a recorder on tonite... God... so much for being shy and private. (at 4 am today)

Love conquers all things...except poverty and toothache...Mae West...i think even snoring is a problem love can't conquer. (at 3.50 am today)

film release coming up. will have lots of public speaking. my first rule of public speaking...if u don't strike oil in 3 mins... stop boring ! (at 2.30 am today)

the first tweet: hi everyone. being extremely shy i never thought i would be here. but my friend @kjohar25 insisted that i should learn to share my life. (at 2.38 am on January 3)

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2010/jan/040110-Shah-Rukh-Khan-Twitter-iamsrk.htm

picture form link

[​IMG]

11. calm179

calm179 Active Member

It's interesting to see the news! Thanks for posting articles and links. I have no idea how to access them on my own.

12. sofya

sofya Well-Known Member

SRK's twitter attracts thousands!

http://www.cnngo.com/mumbai/none/shah-rukh-khan-953659

Shahrukh Khan Twitter attracts thousands
    Within 24 hours of joining Twitter Sharukh Khan had 10,000 followers, proving SRK is still 'King Khan'

"Bye now...lemme figure out if i do really snore or not...will keep a recorder on tonite...God...so much for being shy and private."

Read more: Shahrukh Khan Twitter | CNNGo.com http://www.cnngo.com/mumbai/none/shah-rukh-khan-953659#ixzz0bdHGUQIj

That is how Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan clumsily said goodnight to his fans on the second night in his new virtual home, that is, his new Twitter home: @iamsrk.

King Khan may be one of the most powerful actors in Indian cinema, but the 44 year-old actor had to be convinced by his friend, the media savvy film producer Karan Johar, to enter the Twitterverse. Nevertheless his awkward first foray into the virtual world has endeared him to thousands of fans immediately.

“It is really a very satisfying way of communicating with the world outside your immediate circle. I’ve been persuading all my friends to get on Twitter. Shahrukh finally relented. Within 24 hours he had 10,000 followers,” Johar told Times of India. And he confirmed on his Twitter page @Kjohar25, "for all those asking....yes!!! it is shahrukh on twitterverse...@iamsrk."

Other Bollywood celebrities active on Twitter are Gul Panag, Priyanka Chopra, Imran Khan and Abhishek Bachchan.

http://www.cnngo.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/default_image/article-images/large/shahrukh.jpg

13. mumbiene

Shah Rukh a hit on Twitter

Mumbai, Jan 4 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is a hit on social networking site Twitter - he registered Saturday night and already has over 20,300 followers.

Shah Rukh revealed on Twitter that he did it at the behest of his best friend Karan Johar.

'It is really a very satisfying way of communicating with the world outside your immediate circle. I've been persuading all my friends to get on Twitter. Shah Rukh finally relented. Within 24 hours he had 10,00 followers,' Karan told IANS.

The star is already hooked hopelessly to Twitter and hopes to establish a personal rapport with his fans and movie-watchers in time for the release of 'My Name Is Khan'.

By joining Twitter Shah Rukh has joined celebs like Priyanka Chopra, Abhishek Bachchan, Imran Khan and Karan Johar who are regular on the social networking site.

http://movies.sulekha.com/news/entertainment/shah-rukh-a-hit-on-twitter.htm

14. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Thanks for sharing this interesting article dear Marlies!:) I love reading his thoughts on twitter!:heart:

15. mumbiene

16. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

someone on tweeter said that SRK's tweets have a personal touch to them, thats why everyone goes beserk
    i agree :D:lol:

17. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

I second that!:high5::)

18. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

it is on one place
    all news here

all fan following stuff on the other thread

news will get lost there so its beter here

19. mumbiene

Shahrukh takes to politics on TwitterMonday,
    January 4, 2010, 16:04
    By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee

It is only day two for Shahrukh Khan on Twitter and if early indications are anything to go by Shahrukh isn't on Twitter just to write a few posts promoting his movies. King Khan is willing to take stands on the happenings in the country. In his latest tweet Shahrukh wrote “Don't stress over political parties...for them if 2 wrongs, don't make a right..(hey always try a third.”

Buzz up!He was replying to a tweet by renowned journalist Barkha Dutt where she wrote “Sessions court asks Soren to appear in relation to a murder case. Guess makes no diff to pol parties who have supported him, past or present” The My Name Is Khan star made a earth shattering debut on Twitter having attracted more than 23000 followers in just two days

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywood/news/2010/shahrukh-politics-twitter-040110.html

20. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Are we gonna get an update everyday on what Shahrukh writes on twitter?