New contest

Discussion in 'Contests & Competitions' started by MaryAnnK, Dec 9, 2010.

1. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this last night as I was falling asleep. I would like to put out the start of creating a new contest. I am aware of the distances and languages that are present on this site and was trying to think of something that EVERYONE could participate in without feeling they lacked something.

What do you think of trying to do something with creating a little Ad using already available photos on the site and creating a visual and/or caption to go with it?

Okay, I have put this out there. Let's get some feedback and/or other ideas. No time frame yet, so feel free to take your time.

I don't even have a prize in mind but we need to get our creative juices flowing. We have two films coming out next year and there are so many possibilities!:thumb:

zahra says thanks.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!! Staff Member

I like the idea if members want to go for it.

4. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Woo hoo - new contest! :D

Great idea MaryAnn... :hug::D Should we start working on making say a funny caption on a pic? If it's an Ad, how do we use it? I mean what do we promote? May be Shah Rukh, or his movies, or his thoughts, or whatever he represents? Just trying to think of something which we might all be able to relate to...

5. MaryAnnK

Yes, we need to start putting our brains together and come up with some good ideas for those of us less creative but willing to work!! :)

Maybe someone could think of some type of product or "fake" film and then we could do something in that line. Okay, family let's get to work here!!

6. Wafa

sounds good MaryAnn, you're in charge :D
    chose your team and go for it

7. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

will this be something similar to the "add your caption" thread? :D cuz i loooooove that thread omg i still remember a particular one, i rememember i had even saved it around here somewhere :lol: i would put a link but the pics are goneeee!!! http://www.planetsrk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7475&page=73 it's sheri's post :lol:

here are my captions of that page :crazy::bounce:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. MaryAnnK

Dea, thank you for adding this. My only concern is that we will want him to see it hopefully, so we are going to have to keep the "nautu" on check! :pound: But that is the idea!

9. shallu.

shallu. Well-Known Member

I'm for it! :D

shallu.

10. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

AW: New contest

If i have understand all right then your Idea is that someone creates a Fantasy Product and we should make adds for it? So like all the Posters on which Shah Rukh is Advertising for something? I'm not sure if i have understand you right MaryAnn. :confused2: Do you mean something like that?

[​IMG]

I have made the Wallpaper some Month ago. Well when Shah Rukh should see it then ofcourse it should be not so naughty :redface:

11. MaryAnnK

Anke, yes you have it right. Everyone can use any of the photos here on this site, so that makes an equal foundation from which to start! This is a very good example!

Now use your little heads (like Anke) and let's sell srk or sell something with srk!!

12. Wafa

once you decide to start the contest, please start a new thread with the rules, names of participants and judges, then entries.

13. MaryAnnK

Even before that, need to come up with a PRIZE!!! We will work it out, but need to make sure this is seen and everyone is on the same page!! I will PM you when it is in place.

14. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Awesome. I'm in... Let's switch on the best in us and give this one our best shots yet again... :D

15. MaryAnnK

So, do we have anyone who can translate this and put it on the other language forums for me, Please!!??? I need to drum up a little more excitement for this!

16. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

but i want it to be nattu :bounce:

17. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

guys.. any news?

18. ShahRukh's Jungli Billi

ShahRukh's Jungli Billi Shahrukh's JungliBilli

so i just came back to the forum and caught onto this contest and if i am thinking right about how you want to do this, is this like we can make a video or picture of Shahrukh ji selling something or should we sell Shahrukh ji and his awesomeness? like a fan made trailer?? if that's so i wanna do this!!!! seeing i have time now... ***waves hi to everyone***

19. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

guys maybe we should integrate a contest into the idea of gifting Shah smth this year.. i haven't thought abt how we should do this, but it just came to me :noidea:

20. Wafa

very hard to do Dea.

21. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

ye.. i kept thinkin abt it and u're right. the present should be from the whole planet not just from one member

Lorraine says thanks.