1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

NDTV

Discussion in 'Don2 Media Reviews' started by mumbiene, Dec 23, 2011.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Review: Don 2
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] (Thriller) ​
    Piyali Dasgupta, Editorial Head -Entertainment and Movies, NDTV Convergence
    Friday, December 23, 2011
    There's an easy way to describe Don2 without any spoilers. Think of great action flicks from the Lethal Weapon, Die Hard and MI4 series. Shake them up.

Replace Nakatomi Plaza with Berlin's leading bank and there it is - Don 2 - a Bollywood take on great action flicks where Shah Rukh wants to show that being a bad-ass is fun.

Post the RA.One disaster, a lot of hopes ride upon SRK to prove he is a bankable box office star and Don 2 works hard to re-establish the fact that SRK can scale walls, blow up cars, look and act menacing despite the irritating laugh (seriously, he doesn't lose that).

Don 2 @ NDTV

The first scene begins impressively and you wait for the return of the King as promised.

The first half focuses on SRK and Boman Irani teaming up to conquer the narcotics market in Europe moving on from Malaysia to Germany, with a stopover in Zurich.

Nice cars (we all heard he blew up 67 of them in the car chase, though really they didn't look like that many), great locations. I'll stop at that, because I cannot say great action.

Don 2 Premiere

Explosive yes, there's immense amount of shattered glass in practically every action scene. But SRK fails to deliver the action, looking unbelievable.

And for all you RA.One haters, SRK does a G.One here as well, with Priyanka instead of Kareena.

Boman Irani and Priyanka Chopra return from the 2006 original. Priyanka doesn't have much to do, except show some of the old chemistry with Don and bash up a few baddies.

Boman Irani gets a few chuckles from the audience (he does have a witty line or two).

Stills: Don 2

Among the new entrants, Kunal Kapoor is believable, Lara Dutta is best remembered for shimmying in gold to the retro beats of Zara dil ko thaam lo (there's no Kareena here and someone's got to do it). The rest of the music by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy is nothing to write home about.

Usha Uthup renders Hai ye maya, an almost James Bond-ish touch with that deep bass.

3D is a waste, so don't fret if you haven't booked for a 3D show. In fact, don't fret if you haven't booked a show at all.

The King is yet to return. Meanwhile since Hrithik's cameo is the highpoint of the film and the plot does have a few interesting twists, I'll go with 2.5 stars, for the film.

If you wish to discuss this review with me, tweet me @NDTV

2. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

Hirthik fan :nod:
    since she/he thinks Hirthik cameo is the "highpoint" of the film.. :pound::rofl:

SWEET and frenchfan thank this.
  3. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Why do we have for every Rewiew a extra Thread?

4. Fiona

Fiona Active Member

I wish there was a dislike button also ;)

5. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

i wana kill these people honestly :mad: i wish i could meet them in person and hit them so hard! they talking utter nonsense and pure hatred!

6. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I have to wonder about these critics' comments about Ra.One being a disaster. As the film did make good money (even if not as much as expected) and the audience response was mixed (yes, some of it was negative, BUT some of it was positive as well)! It seems that with these kind of comments the critics make gods out of themselves. They seem to think that just becausee they didn't like, that is the one decisive factor that makes a film a disaster, even after it has made more than 100 crore.. Stupid idiots!

7. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Excuse me, but that's a good thing! Because many of us don't want to read any reiews until after seeing the film, to avoid spoilers.. This allows discussions about any review one wants to comment and allows discussion. If we have one thread for 30 reviews, it,s difficult to make discussions about all of them long afterwards. This is a good way to post the reviews, thanks to all who have been posting them!

bluey[Ru] says thanks.