1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

NDTV Imagine & Venus TV rapped by Ofcom

Discussion in 'Knights & Angels' started by phul, Jul 6, 2009.

1. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

NDTV Imagine & Venus TV rapped by Ofcom
    Jul 06, 2009 11:20 AM|

NDTV Imagine and Venus TV have been given a warning by media regulator Ofcom for two seperate mishaps on-air.

The first, involved Shah Rukh Khan's show 'Knights and Angels' broadcast on NDTV Imagine in March and April. Two viewers complained about the prominence the sponsor Sunsilk received during the show. "Sunsilk presents Knights and Angels" was displayed in several places, including on the set, on small screens on the front of the judges’ table and on the back of the judges’ cue cards.

Ofcom also noted that cans of Sprite in front of each of the judges were placed in such a way as to make them clearly visible in both programmes.

NDTV Imagine Limited told Ofcom that it acquired the series from its parent company NDTV Imagine India. The broadcaster said that the references to Sprite in the programmes were arranged in India, and that it had no involvement in the arrangement, nor had it received any material benefit from the inclusion of the product in the programmes.

With regards to the references to the sponsor Sunsilk displayed on the set during both programmes, NDTV considered that because it had acquired the series from outside the UK and had not benefited from the sponsorship arrangement with Sunsilk.

The broadcaster added that "these elements were part of the original production and appeared in the background and would have been difficult to mask successfully without creating a regular distraction to the viewer and possibly giving greater prominence to the sponsor". However, it did accept that it would have been possible to blur the screens in front of the judges’ desk and on the cue cards. The broadcaster said that whilst the Sunsilk name was present within the programme, the references were in vision only and did not feature products or any promotional information about Sunsilk. NDTV added that its production team had thought the visual references to Sunsilk would be considered permissible because the programme was acquired from outside the UK and because the references featured no promotional messages.

They also mention the other TV show here is the Link to the full Articel.

http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsarchive/2009/07/ndtv_imagine_ve.php

2. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

so this means? :confused2:

3. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

:confused2:I don't get this

4. irene

irene Active Member

I also don't get it

5. nadee_7

nadee_7 Active Member

i don't too!

6. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

well this helps alot :p :lol:

7. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

lol well igronace is bliss as they maybe its best we don't get it :p

BTW i dont get it either :lol:

8. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

don't you guys just love us:):grouphug:
    one article and no one understand:D

9. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

we are just cool like that :thumb: :grouphug:

10. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

yeahhhhh:):thumb:

11. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

As I read it, I had to call my husband over and show him. These stupid people who are always trying to get some kind of attention by calling negative attention to someone else! Two people complained and it makes the news! Go figure!

12. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

make a mountain out of a molehill:rolleyes:

13. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

does that mean you understood the article? :D
    all i can read is that sprite got in trouble somehow :suspicious: