1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on CE

Discussion in 'Chennai Express Member Reviews' started by nika, Aug 12, 2013.

1. nika

nika Well-Known Member

I saw the movie today. For me it was better than excepted. because I hardly had any expectations from Rohit Shetty!!!
    If I had to measure the experiment with stars I would go for 3***
    It started so well. Good humor, funny jokes, really good start. It went well with train Dilwale jokes, singing jokes and all. But then it fell short in first half. Few brainless events one after another and really loud kind of comedy, I had seen Shahrukh in comedy before but he never acted over the top as much as this... but it's Rohit Shetty Shtyle afterall! Not my taste of comedy!
    Shahrukh also had his presence effects there, from joking with his own movies (which I liked both singing parts and mimicking parts) Overall THE Shahrukh Khan as we know him was felt in the second half. And completely in opposition of what I've read from some audience, I enjoyed the second half much more.
    I expected too much unrealistic actions from Rohit Shetty. It was sometimes here and there, but overall watchable. Specially in last parts... it was not like the hero showing some magic powers and beating up 50 people without even one scratch! Which I credit Shahrukh for that, I believe it was his input as a producer, not wanting the action scenes to turn to joke.
    I enjoyed the chemistry and romance between Shah and Deepika. Eagerly was waiting for full version of Tera Rasta Main Chorun Na. But to my disappointment it was played like a background song!! Then I thought maybe they saved those beautiful picturization of dancing in black outfits, for end credits, but again it was Lungi Dance!! I thought Lungi Dance was not planned to be in the movie and TRMCN is gonna be there in full version, but it turned vice versa! :(
    Deepika looked so beautiful and her expressions were good. And the kick scene... I remember Shahrukh complementing her for that... yes she did it tooo well!!! Damn it was funny and scary at the same time! :D
    Shahrukh looked goooood for a 40 years old!! So boyish, so cute. In romantic parts you just feel to hug him tight. Don't laugh at me but I LOVE how Shahrukh looks in blood and sweat!! And this movie had lots of both!!! Ha ha!
    Overall it was best Rohit Shetty movie. I doubt if he can do better than that even after this one! Unless he does it with Shahrukh! Which I hope he doesn't!!! Yes he can get BO success for him, but definitely can't do justice to his acting talent.

Wafa, Xeny, mumbiene and 1 other person say thanks.
  2. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

I do not agree with the fact that Rohit Shetty does not use SRK acting talent. He was just on 100%'ve used it comedic talent! IMHO. And I certainly want to have a combination of SRK-Rohit)))))

3. Xeny

Xeny ❤️‍ ART

Thanks Nika! Liked your feedback a lot!
    P.S. blood and sweat! :eyebrows: woo hoo, give me five girl! :D

nika says thanks.
  4. nika

nika Well-Known Member

Yaaay! Glad you also enjoyed those parts!! :eyebrows:

Xeny says thanks.