1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

My review

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews - Members' started by srkjuhi, Feb 15, 2010.

1. srkjuhi

srkjuhi Well-Known Member

I went out with a few friends to watch the movie yesterday. They are not fans of Shahrukh so I knew what was in for..lol! I wanted to watch the movie in peace and for most part I was able to do so surprisingly..lol! I adored it and I'm going to watch it again in a day or two. I loved the first part. There was a lot of humor in it and we were all in stitches while watching it. The movie took a serious turn with the second part and I personally felt it was a bit slow but I loved it nonetheless. They touched upon so many sensitive issues but in a manner where none of it seemed preachy and I like that.

Now coming to the acting. Where do I start from when it comes to Shahrukh...gahhh! He blew me away with his acting. To be honest if it weren't for him I don't think the movie would be what it is. Rizvan stays with you even when you come out of the theatre. The character was just so endearing and Shahrukh played it beautifully. His acting was just effortless. I adored the chemistry between him and Kajol as always. The parts where you see them falling for each other were so touching.

Kudos to Karan for making such a wonderful movie. I'm going to watch it a few more times :D

2. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

Natasha

Nice and small review:thumb:

But for me the second half was even better than the first half. If they didnt brought in the serious angle of the movie then what we would be left with!!! I respect your opinion but this is what i felt...that for a perfact movie you have to have a bit of eveything...fast in parts and slow in other parts otherwise we wouldnt be able to sense the mood of the movie and the point its trying to put across to the audeince.

3. srkjuhi

I'll eloborate on it when I come back from the theatre today after watching it for the second time :)

I totally respect your opinion. I just thought the pace was a little slow in the second half but engaging nonetheless. The seriousness of the second half didn't bother me one bit but it was the sudden change in pace if that makes any sense that took me a little by surprise.

Anyways , I thought I'll list some of my fav scenes :
    -The one where they talk about doing it..lol! I'm laughing just thinking about the scene..hehe!
    -The scene at the church...gahhhh! I was bawling my eyes out during that scene. I can only imagine as to how tough it was. Shahrukh just nailed it.You see him laughing during some part while he is talking about their son and at the same time you see his eyes are brimming with tears...gahhh! That just got to me. He was brilliant in it.
    - The scene where he says "namaz neeyet se ki jaati hai".
    The scene at the mosque. It was such a poignant scene and it was one of the many scenes that got a huge round of applause.
    -The scene where Mandira breaks down. It was just heartbreaking and Kajol was brilliant in it.
    -The scene where she asks Rizvan to marry him...aww! His reaction was just priceless.

I don't think there is any scene out there where I thought Shahrukh wasn't amazing. You just can't take your eyes off him when he is on screen.

4. SRKfanforever

Exactly what i thought....i love each and every scene in the movie and as i said before if i start to write about them...it would take me more than 10 pages...i love every bit...oh gosh it was beautiful.

5. srkjuhi

I watched it again yesterday with my sister and mom and they loved it too. I thought I'll state my views on an aspect that I didn't talk about earlier.

I think the supporting cast was freaking awesome. Karan did a great job when it came to the casting. I don't remember the name of every actor but the lady who played Rizvan's mom was phenomenal. One of my fav scenes in the movie was the one that Shahrukh shared with her. Tanay who played young Rizvan was awesome as well. I remember him from SM and my sister told me that he does a lot of theatre in Mumbai. Sonia ( don't remember her last name) was great in the little role she had. I esp loved the moment where she kisses Rizvan's forehead in the song "Sajda". Jimmy ddid justice to his role as well.

6. SRKfanforever

yeh....the supporting cast were definitely very good:thumb:...i can write a page on each of the character's in the movie....they were that good. I think i have fallen in love with the movie this time not just SRK.