1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

My Raees Review - 4/5

Discussion in 'Raees Member Reviews' started by Karan#1, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

As a fan, the best review I can give Raees is that I was quite nervous going into the film but I came out satisfied and at ease. Going through Raees after-effects now and SRK's performance is lingering in my mind.

A solid film that weaves crowd-pleasing elements around a gripping and smoothly-flowing narrative. A cat & mouse chase done right. It's not unique or unattempted cinema (like FAN) but it's cinema made for the big screen, there's a number of moments you live for as a fan.

Raees is a performance-driven film. No surprises that SRK gives a fine & WOW performance that's among his best. It's quite a layered role. SRK's acting really peaks in the intense and emotional scenes - his acting from climax to the end is a sight to behold. Nawaz is the perfect foil for SRK and his character goes toe to toe with Raees. Nawaz has more than once overshadowed the lead actor in his films (Kick & Badlapur for example) but SRK is on another level in Raees.

If not spectacular, it's a smooth ride so can't think of much downsides except that the second fight scene was over the top, Zaalima song could've been removed and the film doesn't offer anything new in terms of narrative (not that it dimmed my experience).

MaryAnnK, semsem008, Baree and 4 others thanked this.
  2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Thanks @Karan#1
    I'm assuming there was a good crowd. What feeling did you get from the rest of the audience?

3. Karan#1

Yep the show (and all others that evening & night) were packed. Few whistles at SRK's entry and some laughs at some of Nawaz's one liners but the crowd here doesn't ever react to any film (unless laughing at funny scenes) but there was no talking to be heard during the intense, silent moments (which is always a good sign). But we'll find out how much audiences are liking it soon enough with how it continues to perform at the ticket window.

4. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

So far the reports seem very positive. If all the tweets can be believed, there is a really high occupancy rate in India and most people are raving about it.
    Here in Australia there were multiple screenings all over the place.

5. Karan#1

6. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

7. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

Raees = pure entertainer loved it thoroughly easily my favourite shahrukh movie of the decade i think flawless - just wish it was longer but they trimmed it a bit due to clash - must watch

semsem008 and Karan#1 thank this.
  8. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

thanks. i like reading ur interviews. i know they would be objective
    i read some of the critics reviews and i didnt like them. cant see it until 22 of February

Karan#1 says thanks.
  9. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

there are only a very small handful of critics that are genuine a lot of them are fan based sites so are biased and some go over the top not taking into consideration the type of film so dont worry about them too much - its a very good film

semsem008 says thanks.
  10. Karan#1

Most critics have given it decent to good reviews: http://reviewschview.com/raees/

It's a finely directed & acted film that's highly enjoyable. An entertainer with substance.

semsem008 and KKhan thank this.
  11. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

yes i read very few bad lines that clanged within me more than the very much good lines. it is my mistake

cant wait to see it. still 20 days ahead

KKhan says thanks.
  12. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Yes, definitely go and see it. :D

semsem008 says thanks.
  13. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

@prilvsrk and I went to go see it on Saturday. We got to the theater at 12 to buy tickets for the 2 PM show, every show from morning through 2 PM was sold out (we watched the 3 PM show) and I'm sure the ones after that as well. Also, the theaters closer to me didn't have any matinee shows (cheaper tickets), which was annoying, but they do it because they know the crowds are massive for Shah Rukh and they'll sell out anyways (not to compare, but they had plenty of matinee shows for Kaabil)...just goes to show his global impact!:D:cool:

Thanks for your review Karan!:)

14. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

This is in the US @Kalee?

I'm amazed at how well it's doing in Australia. Canberra where I live is so-so, but in Sydney they are still running around 5 shows a day in some cinemas, even mid-week. (is it pathetic that I trawl through the cinema websites monitoring this? :redface: )

15. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

No Chris it is not. I find it sweet. :hug: Siting in Berlin on the Station waiting for my Train back Home after watching Raees. Sigh

rollercoast says thanks.
  16. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Great! I'm so glad you've seen it Anke. :D

phul says thanks.
  17. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Yes the Film is mindblowing but i hate the End sigh do not wat to say to much do not want spoil someone :)

rollercoast says thanks.
  18. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Yup, in the US, and trust me girl, you are anything but crazy!:p

rollercoast says thanks.
  19. Karan#1

Have you seen it?

20. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi