1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

My Name Is Rugaya and i am not a terrorist.

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews - Members' started by bluey[Ru], Feb 18, 2010.

1. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

RIZWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Alsalam Alikom.. :D

the movie started at 5 PM, and i was ready from 4 pm with my cousin who came straight from her school :D my sis said wake me up at 4 pm and i did but she wasnt replying so i figured she was sleeping.. so what did we do? WE WALKED TO HER APARTMENT! :madgrin: it was like a 5 minutes walk but it was amazing :lol: never did that before but i had to! it was getting late.. and so we were late! it was 5:15.. missed 15 minutes of the movie.. but once we were seated.. the 15 girls [thought we were 16 but we were only 15 really.. i booked one extra :lol:] were seated.. i looked at the big screen and i only can hear SRK's voice and my friend was like "can we see the man with that voice please?" :lol:

the scene that first SRK appeared in was soo beautiful.. with his mother..
    he played the syndrome damn good i thought he does really have Asperger syndrome! it was just toooo damn good..

the movie really touched me deep so deep.. it was talking about my religion mainly.. and with every single Islamic scene
    when he read Al-Fateha at the cherity event, when he said Ina LilAllah Wa Ina Elihy La Rajeoon [which means we are all for Allah and we all return to Him] when Sam died.. when he started praying right in the middle of the desert..
    we all had goosebumps and tears.. i felt proud.. i know the message of the movie is that there are good people and there are bad people.. but as complicated the world has become.. Muslims were looked at as bad people.. but Rizwan Khan.. My Name Is Khan showed them that hey, just like every religion has bad and good followers, Islam has the same as well..

the scene where he takes Mandira to show her the city and then she asks him to marry her and he goes shy.. OMG the cinema was full of "AWW" :heart::love: it was just beautiful.. Rizwan is truly just beautiful
    the scenes with Kajol are really great too.. hated her
    when she shouted at him.. but it was understandable cause of her son's death.. it was just shocking when her son died, we seriously were like "he cant die!" but then the scene where Kajol hugs him and cries.. everyone was literally crying with her.. tooo goood!!
    the scene where he hugs his brother.. when Rizwan refuses to get inside his house.. that was just.. :hurt::Cry: amazing!!

the movie was in a really big hall.. whatever you call it :lol: but it was damn FULL! everyone was laughing, everyone was crying.. and clapping.. we were the loudest :pound:

but this is just.. a powerful movie.. that leaves you with smiles and tears that yeah, good people always win no matter what religion they follow

Khuda Hafiz :smile::heart::love::grouphug:

*more reviews to come as EnshAllah i will watch it again and again and again.. etc :lol:

2. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

aww.. ru partner.. im soo happy u finally got to watch the movie! :cheer2::cheer2:
    thanks for translating the arabic parts. i was like.. i have no idea wht ur saying.. but i feel ur pain :eek: THAT is the power of shah rukh khan! :heart::love:

3. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

Ru

I am happy happy that you saw the movie and loved it as much as we all did. I know i loved how they showed that muslims are not terrorists and Islam like any other religion teaches good to its followers...not go and kill people. I loved how they put the humanity above anything. It was just magic and i am glade that you could feel it too:thumb:

4. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

so happy that you got to see the film Ru:thumb:and you love it:)
    You miss SRK at the beginning of the film...
    There were so many great scenes. Like all of the movies was just fill with wonderful scene.
    Shahrukh was amazing as Rizvan. HE was PERFECT!

5. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

hey Ru, fisrt few minutes have the most awesome parts..sad you missed that, watch it again..it has the best part of srk's acting, that airport scene.

6. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

@Pri, :lol: they didnt translate it in English? weird.. i didnt notice that.. i mean yeah, it would be tooo long to translate Al-Fateha which is by the way, the beginning Sura in the Quraan.. he said it sooo good thought he'd mistake with one word or something, but it was perfect :D

@Zara yesssss!!! those scenes were powerful.. just too good yaar.. it was really just touching..

@Mish yes! but enshAllah i will watch it again from the beginning.. i also had to leave 30 minutes after the movie started cause of prayer time so i did miss lots of scenes.. but enshAllah will watch them again :D

@Shereen enshAllah i will again :D

7. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

:cheer2: woooooooooooooooooooow the best review ever :hug: thanks RU.....you said what I wanted to say actually......I also wondered why they didn't translate the Arabic words into English especially (إن لله وإن إليه رجعون) (we all belong to God and we will return to HIM).......thay should have translated it.

And Hey Ru :director: you MUST watch the first 15 minutes, they are one of the best scenes in the movie.....Watch it again and this time from the beginning....okay :fish:

:lol: :pound: me too was really proud from the message of the film....it was good to see a handsome Muslim also ,na? :eyebrows: not all the Muslims look like Ben ladin like they show them in their movies :mad2:

Thanks Ru again...waiting for moooooooooooooore.

8. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

@Shaima :pound: i knoww! THAT REMINDS ME OF A SCENE
    when he smells her perfume
    OH MY GOD! it was just soooooooo sweeeeeeeeeet :love::love: but i know, a handsome Muslim like Rizwan is so rare to find.. :heart:

9. donshema

:pound: that reminded me of another one:

when he was wearing the blue dress and eating dinner with mama jinny...the view actually was interesting...I could see his right side naked ...that dress was really showing his muscles ...and the big screen was fantastic :eyebrows:........also the cell scene he was small and handsome ....showing us also some good views :eyebrows: :pound:

the scene u mentioned was so funny..ppl laughed when he said
    crazy lady...Mandira

but really Ru.....the Americans think that Muslims look all like Ben laden that's why they attacked the seikh thinking they are Muslims.......I feel good that they will watch SRK as a Muslim and actually I'm more and more proud that he is really a Muslim so he is not just acting in the movie but this is who he is in REAL life......Great idea Karan :love:

10. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

:lol:
    he said her perfume was at Wal-Mart, on sale for 39:95
    or something like that:lol:

11. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

@Shaima :lol::pound: LOVED the dress scene!! OMGGG reminds me of another scene
    "let's have sex now" :pound::rofl:
    i was laughing so hard and the
    he read the book for dummies, "lovely pictures" then he was like "we should do it now"
    :pound::rofl: so funny!!
    omg Shaima did you see? let me write it in Arabic
    لما مانديرا تسوي حق ولدها الصلاة مالتهم قبل لا يروح المدرسه بعدين ايي رزوان و يقرى المعوذات عليه؟؟ :pound: that was like so sudden and funny!

@Mish :lol: YEE! we were all like "omg! does anyone ever do that here?" here as in Kuwait but the answer is definitely NO! :lol:

12. starstuff

starstuff Well-Known Member

So happy for you Ru. So very happy. :hug::kiss: It's been a really journey to this film -just like Rizvan's- but it was so worth every single second of waiting! :cheer2: :love:

BTW, thank you so much for translating some of the Arabic phrases. :hug::love::kiss: I was so frustrated that these weren't translated, as well as the songs. What on earth they were thinking? :noidea: Who knows! :frusty:

13. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

@Chris :lol: no problem! i dont know why they didnt translate it.. this is the Sura i was talking about, translated in English http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Fatiha
    it was so touching.. just remembering those scenes gives me goosebumps.. :heart:

ye i dont know why the songs weren't translated.. the lyrics would've added more power to the movie if they were translated..

14. starstuff

starstuff Well-Known Member

Thank you my friend. I just love how I'm learning new things every day. :hug::kiss: Truly a beautiful prayer. :pray2:

15. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

@Chris, no no its not a prayer.. its a Sura.. a prayer usually is to ask Allah/God for something right? but this is a Sura we say while we are praying.. um different kinda prayer though lol

16. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

omg!! just remembered, did anyone notice when Rizwan was like "yellow yellow dirty fellow"? :pound: me and my friend laughed so hard when he said it :lol:

17. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

^yeah, Rab Ne... moment:kiss:

the bed scene with the book. He was like nice pictures:pound:

18. maymay

maymay New Member

wonderful Ru!! very happy for you & i hope you get to see it again because for MNIK,
    once is not enough :)

19. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

@Mish, yep! so cute! :D

@Maymay, thanks yaara! i will watch it again today [Saturday] enshAllah!!

20. donshema

Ru and Mesh :pound: very nice scenes......I remembered Rab ne tooooooooo and OMG when he said "nice pictures"......and when she said "you know this can't happen without touching" he said "I know"......her expression deserves Oscars when she repeats "YOU KNOW?"

:pound: :pound: Really great performance of SRK and Kajol......they touched our hearts.