1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

My Name Is Khan: What Was The Original Story?

Discussion in 'Movie Hall Of Fame' started by mumbiene, Mar 15, 2011.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

My Name Is Khan: What Was The Original Story?

http://www.koimoi.com/videos/my-name-is-khan-what-was-the-original-story/

My Name Is Khan is the biggest Bollywood hit overseas till date, yet the film was an average fare in India. What brought Shah Rukh Khan’s film down, explains Koimoi.com Editor Komal Nahta, is that the story of Shah Rukh Khan finding the President of USA just to tell him that, “My name is Khan and I’m not a terrorist” did not make much sense to the Indian audience.
    Few people know that the earlier story of the film was that of Shah Rukh fighting for the rights of his son when he does not get admission in a school. Maybe sticking to the original story would have given a more positive idea about the film.

2. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

And where did they get the "original story" now??

3. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

i know, i wonder from where Komal Nahata got the so called 'original story'

4. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

Hmmm wried i did read about this story about my name khan b4 it reasled :confused:

5. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

What?? First of all, Komal's story is rubbish, there is no discrimination for students here in US, unless the story is supposed to be of 1960's.

I feel MNIK was more about American Muslims, a.k.a, a bit more global, it's not simply an Indian story. And who said Indian didn't love it? The responses I read were simply awesome, whoever watched it loved it. Only some people around the world, whose brains have rusted didn't get the idea of the film...like my cousin, she had said the story is hilarious.