1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

My Name is Khan on DVD in Us August 10th!

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by Number8, May 21, 2010.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

really? now walmart carries hinid movies? or just MNIK?

2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I hope they don't distort it just to please Hollywood..
    Im sorry but I don't like the changes

3. TeraMeraDil

TeraMeraDil Active Member

Oh yeah Wal-Mart has had Bollywood films maybe even before the Chak De India days. They sell them pretty cheap too. Like the Veer 2 disc special edition is out now for only $15. Blu-Rays are a bit pricey but old films such as Yes Boss go for about $6! MNIK is on the high side though...$24.99. Canadian dollars that is.

So yeah I didn't pick it up. I gave an order for the first version instead. I'm not sure whether I'll get this one or not. The comparison between the prices of the other new Bollywood films compared to this one let me down a bit. But it's interesting to see that this new version is the same old original version. I wonder what happened to the cut version?

4. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

5. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

I hope Walmart have it just this one time in store cause all these are online, even target. Well for me at least.

6. cmreeves

cmreeves Well-Known Member

Just came back from Blockbuster, and MNIK is in their TOP 20 wall. I asked, and they make this from the top 20 rentals nationwide (in the US). MNIK is at #17 this week. If you live near a Blockbuster, even if you have the dvd already, go and rent it (or if you're a diehard, rent all the copies ). See if you can get it to move up the top 20 list!

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k285/cmreeves/?action=view&current=top20.jpg

7. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Damn!!!:eek: That is freaking awesome!!!!:cool:

Thanks a lot for the info everyone!!:)

8. calm179

calm179 Active Member

Does anyone kow where I can get the longest version of MNIK? I saw it twice, but I don't know if I saw the long version when it released, or the cut American version... Does anyone know?

9. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

I am disappointed and already rant a bit elsewhere but I will say this...
    For the first time ever I got to walk into a store that have only Hollywood movie and by My Name Is Khan. Got my dvd from Best Buy.:)
    Everything on the special features is so short. Like 10 minutes or less. QUITE SAD!:tsk:
    no making or anything...

well I guess you saw the long version and not the cut version because the cut version had only release in New York.

was the ending where Rizvan got to meet the President? then that is the long version.

10. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Meshanna, that is what I found with the version that is sold here in the States! I got a copy from Europe and it has totally different extras on it. They are way better too!

11. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

AW: My Name is Khan on DVD in Us August 10th!

what i've heard so far is that the best features are on the Indian version .. the one i sent to Mary Ann .. the European version will release here at the 22th of october .. have already ordered it .. but don't know abt the extras yet ... only know that it will be an extended directors cut version ...

12. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Is there a dvd out with the short version?
    I would really like to see it to compare with the long one which I saw...ehm.. several .... times.
    I'm sort of hoping they will eventually put out a set with both versions on it.

13. MaryAnnK

Re: AW: My Name is Khan on DVD in Us August 10th!

You mean, I may need to get another copy? :D

14. MaryAnnK

I had wondered the same thing. I know that on the longer version the scenes with Willamena were a little offense to some, but how do you take it out? I am curious too.

I really would like some kind of combo DVD set too.

15. Ella

um.. if you want the extendet director's cut version :p:p maybe :lol:

have seen both versions in cinema ... the original and the international one ... i think, they edited it well when cut the Wilhelmina scenes out and show the different way of story why he went there after the hurricane happend

16. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

wow that's great news carol thank you for updating us :thumb:

17. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

I wish I can get the DVD .....but unfortunately no Bollywood stores here in Egypt :sad:

18. Ella

just got a package from USA :dance: in it: MNIK US version :D but couldn't check it yet :eek: hope to find tom the time :p:D

thank you soooooo much Mary Ann :hug::hug::kiss:

19. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Need some clarification :p, so there's a US Version, a Europe Version and an international version?:)

20. Ella

AW: Re: My Name is Khan on DVD in Us August 10th!

um.. the Indian version is the original one (which i sent to Mary Ann) .. the European and US versions are the international versions ;) and in october will get the extended director's cut version in Germany on dvd :D lots of versions actually :dizzy: but think..those are all or do i forgot one?? :confused2: