1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

My Name is Khan on DVD in Us August 10th!

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by Number8, May 21, 2010.

1. Number8

Number8 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    LOS ANGELES, CA. (May 20, 2010) - Following a sensational theatrical debut that set a new all-time record for the biggest weekend Bollywood opening film in North America, My Name Is Khan arrives on DVD August 10 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Two of Bollywood's biggest superstars, Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol, deliver powerful performances in this epic romance that proves true love knows no boundaries. Rizwan (Khan), an Indian man with a unique way of looking at the world, moves to San Francisco and meets a vivacious single mother named Mandira (Kajol). They form a special bond and fall in love against all odds, but fate and tragedy conspire to tear them apart. Just when it appears as though all hope is lost, Rizwan embarks on a remarkable journey across America to win back the love of his life.

"A potent, energetic heart-tugger"(Los Angeles Times) and "an affecting fairy tale about the perils of goodness" (New York Times), My Name Is Khan is an uplifting story of understanding and tolerance. The DVD is timed to India's Independence Day and showcases looks at the changing face of Bollywood, the enamoring on-screen partnership of Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol, behind-the-scenes featurettes about the story, music from the film and more.

The extras included on the DVD are: Changing the Face of Bollywood, Working Together, The Music of My Name Is Khan, The Story of My Name Is Khan, Sajda Music Promo, Tere Naina Music Promo.

Make sure and get your copy of the film we said was a 4 star must see film on August 10th!

http://www.bollyspice.com/view.php/4981-my-name-is-khan-on-dvd-in-us-august-10th.html

2. Number8

Number8 Well-Known Member

I love that dvd cover!:faint:

3. pleasant

pleasant Active Member

Wow! will get this one too (I have the longer version). Waiting for this one. Thanks for this news, Simo.

4. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Looking great!!! :D Hope it will have the long version as well as the international version...

5. GemaSRK

GemaSRK Well-Known Member

Can't wait...:thumb:

6. TeraMeraDil

TeraMeraDil Active Member

Awww gotta wait 2 months longer. Liking the cover though! Now just hoping this is the long version...

7. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

AW: My Name is Khan on DVD in Us August 10th!

My Name Is Khan coming on DVD in the US Press Trust of India
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 (Washington)

Shah Rukh Khan-starrer My Name Is Khan is being launched in DVD format in the US after a sensational theatrical release that set a new record of the biggest opening weekend for a Bollywood film in North America.

The DVD, to be released on August 10, is timed to India's Independence Day and showcases the changing face of Bollywood, the enamoring on-screen partnership of the lead actors Shah Rukh and Kajol, behind-the-scenes features about the story, music from the film and more, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment said.

Special features of the DVD include Changing the Face of Bollywood, Working Together, The Music of My Name Is Khan, the Story of My Name Is Khan, Sajda Music Promo and Tere Naina Music Promo.Two of Bollywood's biggest stars, Shah Rukh and Kajol, deliver powerful performances in this Karan Johar-directed film that proves true love knows no boundaries.

Rizwan Khan, an Indian man suffering from Asperger's syndrome, moves to San Francisco and meets a single mother named Mandira (Kajol). They fall in love against all odds, but fate and tragedy conspire to tear them apart.

Just when it appears as though all hope is lost, Rizwan embarks on a journey across America to win back the love of his life.

NDTV.com
    http://www.amazon.com/My-Name-Khan-...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1279099070&sr=8-1

8. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

YEAY im totally buying :D

9. jg2k

jg2k The.One

:madgrin: So I get to buy the shorter version here and get the longer one when I get back to India. :cool:

10. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Jaya, I was wondering what I was going to get. I really need to be able to have the extended version as well. I don't just want the edited version! I have mine pre-ordered for weeks not but don't know what I am truly getting. I may have to get an India copy as well. It is getting closer now. This is almost as exciting as waiting for the film to first release!!

11. Apok

Apok Active Member

Any news about the blu ray dvd? I already seen the movie in dvd quality a million times, now I want to see Rizwan in blu ray :D

12. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

maybe jaya should go to india and get us all the extended version :cool:

13. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

just wish could get this too :sad: have already the original version from India :cool: and for the german dvd have to wait for oct :pout:

14. TeraMeraDil

It's still quite a long wait till the 10th...but I shall survive! It would be so cool if they actually put the DVD in the flyers for stores such as Wal-Mart or Best Buy when it comes out. I would definitely save that page and frame it!

15. kokesrk

kokesrk Well-Known Member

lucky girls :D
    saddly i dont have news of mnik release in chile
    :(:(:(:(

16. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

‘My Name Is Khan’ releases on DVD in U.S. on August 10

By EKTA R. GARG

On February 12, 2010, fans of the Shahrukh Khan-Kajol onscreen pair got to see the two together again in the worldwide release of My Name Is Khan. The movie detailed the story of Rizwan Khan (Shahrukh Khan) and his quest to meet the president of the United States with a simple message: “My name is Khan, and I am not a terrorist.” Khan’s intense love for his wife (Kajol) provided the main motivation behind his cross-country journey to meet the president.

While the film released on DVD in India in April, My Name Is Khan will release on DVD and Blu-Ray worldwide on August 10. Fans who loved the film and can’t wait to own it finally get that opportunity, although those who anticipate extra features with DVD releases may be disappointed. The special features on this single-disc release are almost a perfunctory addition to the movie.

Aside from the inclusion of two film promos (with the songs “Tere Naina” and “Sajda” playing in the background), the extras menu features four short documentary-like episodes that each focus on a different topic. Each episode features bits of interviews with director Karan Johar, Shahrukh Khan and Kajol, Niranjan Iyenger (the film’s dialogue writer), and a handful of other members of the film’s crew.

The first episode, called “Changing the Face of Bollywood,” touches on My Name Is Khan as a part of the gradual transformation the Hindi film industry has undergone in the last eight years. The second, entitled “Working Together,” gives Shahrukh and Kajol a platform to discuss what it meant to work together again after nine years. “The Music of My Name Is Khan” features the film’s music directors, Shankar Mahadevan, Ehsaan Noorani, and Loy Mendonsa, collectively known as Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, and their thoughts on working with Karan Johar and composing for this movie. The final episode is “The Story of My Name Is Khan” and reveals the thought process behind the main story of the movie.

Unfortunately, each episode only runs an average of about five minutes, just long enough for viewers to get into them before they come to an end. The episodes aren’t long enough to give fans that in-depth behind-the-scenes look DVD extras typically provide. This approach to packaging the DVD is a little mystifying considering the positive response My Name Is Khan received worldwide; fans and critics eagerly anticipated the film for several reasons, but none of these reasons are addressed in a medium typically reserved for this exact purpose. There is no blooper reel, no discussion of why Karan Johar and Shahrukh Khan decided to co-produce the film (a first for them), and no revealing interview of Johar and his decision to make a film that is such a drastic departure from his previous ventures.

Of course, movie lovers get their own copy of My Name Is Khan with a crystal clear picture and waiting for the official DVD release helps fight piracy. But those fans waiting for all the extra information that a special features section on a DVD provides won’t be getting those features this time around. Fans will have to settle (mostly) for the film itself and Shahrukh’s repeated assertion: “My name is Khan, and I am not a terrorist.”

http://www.thebollywoodticket.com/news10/mynameiskhanreleasesondvdinusonaugusttenth808.html

17. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

If you are in US, I suggest you buy it from wal mart, it will cost less. Right now it is $19.32 and if you say you'll pick in stores then no shipping. If you order from Nehaflix then is will be $21 plus shipping.

18. TeraMeraDil

Ah darn so no deleted scenes and all that fun stuff. And I'm going to assume this is the international version. Oh well, I'll be buying it anyways cause I got no choice! I've got to think about a plan for the full version though.

19. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

I still have to get my copy. I will get it from Walmart to avoid the shipping. I was more in a fuss to get the dvd cause I thought it would have been the cut version which I didn't get to see in theater. Not that this version isn't good. Its great of course.

If anyone have 'Comcast' cable, then its on there between all the Hollywood movies. I Order it yesterday $4.99 and get to watch it for two days:D

20. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I got my International copy in the mail yesterday!! It is the full version! The extras are different than on the one the Mama Ela sent me from Germany! There are still no subtitles for the songs, and I am really disappointed. The extras are also different. On the international copy there are no deleted scenes but there are discussions about Shah Rukh and Kajol as stars. I am glad I was able to get both copies and that they are the full version. I am still trying to figure out why Karan did the second edit then.