My name is Amritanshu, & I Met Shah Rukh Khan!!

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Bridget, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

My name is Amritanshu, & I Met Shah Rukh Khan!!
    By: RadioandMusic.com 05 Mar 10 11:11

MUMBAI: After all the drama that unfolded during the last few weeks, Amritanshu a crazy die-hard fan, finally met Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan, after camping outside his bungalow Mannat for three whole days.

Inspired by SRK’s character ‘Rizwan Khan’ in the recently released movie ‘My Name is Khan’; Amritanshu who hails from Delhi, decided to adopt the same act, to visit his favorite star Shahrukh Khan. Amritanshu spared no efforts in tracking SRK whereabouts in various parts of Mumbai.

What a journey this had been for Amritanshu, who has put in remarkable efforts, from tracking SRK for two weeks from Delhi, to waiting outside Mannat for three days; stalking each person who in anyway was connected to SRK.

On reaching a roadblock, Amritanshu through personal contacts, approached the Red FM team to help him out, in his quest to meet SRK. Excited by his passion, the Red FM Delhi team decided to help him and literally gate crashed an event at Delhi where SRK was present. Sharat, Red FM’s programming head managed to contact an organizer, and somehow managed to enter the event. Another team member from Red FM, Pankaj managed to speak to Karuna (SRKs manager) and Barkha Dutt, who promised to make SRK meet Amritanshu! But these efforts were futile as Amritanshu never managed to meet his hero.

A week after futile wandering on the roads of Delhi, Amritanshu not willing to easily give up on his dream, decided to take his journey forward by going to Mumbai, geared with a placard in his hand which read, “My name is Amritanshu & Shahrukh I want to meet you.” After spending three days and constant support given by the Red FM team, Amritanshu finally managed to meet his idol, SRK at Mannat.

Red FM Mumbai’s morning jock, Malishka accompanied Amritanshu to Mannat, and sat with him through the evening. Amritanshu described his meeting with SRK, as a very candid and engaging one. Their meeting ended with SRK repeatedly thanking the Red FM for helping Amritanshu facilitate his unique and remarkable journey.

MUMBAI: After all the drama that unfolded during the last few weeks, Amritanshu a crazy die-hard fan, finally met Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan, after camping outside his bungalow Mannat for three whole days.

Inspired by SRK’s character ‘Rizwan Khan’ in the recently released movie ‘My Name is Khan’; Amritanshu who hails from Delhi, decided to adopt the same act, to visit his favorite star Shahrukh Khan. Amritanshu spared no efforts in tracking SRK whereabouts in various parts of Mumbai.

What a journey this had been for Amritanshu, who has put in remarkable efforts, from tracking SRK for two weeks from Delhi, to waiting outside Mannat for three days; stalking each person who in anyway was connected to SRK.

On reaching a roadblock, Amritanshu through personal contacts, approached the Red FM team to help him out, in his quest to meet SRK. Excited by his passion, the Red FM Delhi team decided to help him and literally gate crashed an event at Delhi where SRK was present. Sharat, Red FM’s programming head managed to contact an organizer, and somehow managed to enter the event. Another team member from Red FM, Pankaj managed to speak to Karuna (SRKs manager) and Barkha Dutt, who promised to make SRK meet Amritanshu! But these efforts were futile as Amritanshu never managed to meet his hero.

A week after futile wandering on the roads of Delhi, Amritanshu not willing to easily give up on his dream, decided to take his journey forward by going to Mumbai, geared with a placard in his hand which read, “My name is Amritanshu & Shahrukh I want to meet you.” After spending three days and constant support given by the Red FM team, Amritanshu finally managed to meet his idol, SRK at Mannat.

Red FM Mumbai’s morning jock, Malishka accompanied Amritanshu to Mannat, and sat with him through the evening. Amritanshu described his meeting with SRK, as a very candid and engaging one. Their meeting ended with SRK repeatedly thanking the Red FM for helping Amritanshu facilitate his unique and remarkable journey.

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/news-releases/my-name-amritanshu-i-met-shah-rukh-khan

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

:lol: why do i have a feeling, we will have so many Rizwans wanting to meet SRK! :lol:

4. lybeckham

lybeckham SRK- my HERO

yap so many Rizwans want to meet SRK..:D:D:D

5. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

6. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

oh boo hoo.. if they had to make a story out of every one of us who waited in the snow, rain, cold and heat to meet him. pfft.. please..

7. rothna

rothna Active Member

This is a nice story and I am happy for the guy who went through a lot to meet Shahrukh.He got his dream come true like Rizwan and I hope I can meet him one day too.

8. Becy

Becy Well-Known Member

I absolutely understand people want to meet the man, but camping in front of his house for days is way beyond acceptable, sorry, but of course that's only my opinion. :cool:

We complain about people on twitter urging him to reply to them or mention their name, but find this a nice story? At least he can ignore their tweets, doesn't have to read people's tweets to him at all if he doesn't want to or can even block them, but what can he do against such a guy? Call the police?

The guy tried to force SRK into meeting him, I find that quite intrusive.

9. jg2k

jg2k The.One

:D:lol:
    One crazy fan (he should join us here @ Planet) - good that the Red FM team helped him though!

10. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I don't exactly find this a nice story, I mean I agree, Becy, that this seems too much. But in a way I don't agree that this compares to twitter either... This guy is a hard core fan of SRK and wanted to meet him, so he did something to achieve his goal and realise his dream, just like those people who stood hours outside his hotel in freezing temperatures in Berlin (not exactly the same thing, but all of them had a dream of meeting Shahrukh). But it's so very easy to bother him on twitter. How easy it is to sit on your couch, or your bed, or by your desk and ask, beg, demand, disrespect, nag, etc. Shahrukh has never said to his fans "please don't try to meet me" but he has said "please don't make personal requests". As I said, this guy was willing to do something to realise his dream, on twitter some people only demand Shahrukh to realise their dreams...

11. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

AW: My name is Amritanshu, & I Met Shah Rukh Khan!!

I agree with you, the story isn`t nice but in India it`s very hard for a normal fan to met Shahrukh.This hard die fan had the wish to met him over all and has this managed.I think when Shahrukh doesn`t met him ,he said no but he is a man ,he loves his fans and this is difficult for him when he knew a fan is waiting for him so long .I was some times in Mumbai and I remember me there is a girl, she comes every day to his house about ten years for a meeting but she hasn`t a chance.The security blocked it and Shahrukh doesn`t knew this, because she is shy and will coerces him.
    I think for us there are events and speciel places to get a glimps to Shahrukh but there are places there is privat and for me is this his house and when he makes holiday with his family.But I can understand this hard die fan.
    For three years I`m waiting for his house, also,and I got the meeting for a short time, I`m naiv but in the time I learned and today I see this difficult.