1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

My Music Review

Discussion in 'Music Reviews - Members' started by Nisha_SRK, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Nisha_SRK

Nisha_SRK Ullu-Club-Member

Hey guys! :wave:

I actually wanted to post my review here when I first got my cd, but then I decided it would be a better idea to watch the movie first to get a better idea of how the songs fit into the movie, so here goes:

Well as all of you know all the songs in OSO make up a fantastic album, each one with something special that sets it apart from the rest. Topping my list is :

Main Agar Kahoon- To me, this is the best song in OSO and will be my favourite song for a long time to come. The words in this song are so beautiful and pure and carry so much meaning, blended with its romantic tune and Sonu Nigaam's soulful voice makes the song so perfect that it touches your heart everytime.

Ajab Si- Ajab Si is my other favourite. It has once again so beautiful lyrics and wonderful composition that when KK's voice hits the chorus I feel so free and at peace.. The words...Kitna kuch kehna hai phir bhi hai dil mein sawaal kahin, Sapnon mein jo roz kaha hai woh phir se kahoon ya nahin and ...Teri nazron ne dil ka kiya jo hashar, asar yeh hua,Ab inme hi doob ke ho jaoon paar, yahi hai dua.. You can feel the effect of it yourself when you hear these words..

Dard-E-Disco is of course every Shahukhies favourite! I first started listening to this song when watching the Dard-E-Disco promos (again and again and again..) just to stare at Shahrukh, but before long I got addicted to its raunchy beat and funny lyrics.

Dhoom Taana has to be credited first and foremost for its technical input. They did a great job in making the scenes of Deepika with "Sunil Dutt" and "Rajesh Khanna" look real.. And I love Dhoom Taana for its wonderful 70's beat and Shahrukh's cute look in the song!

Jag Soona Soona Lage is also a great composition and really emphasizes Om's pain in the movie.
    Deewangi Deewangi is again very catchy and I really like the orchestra bit at the end. It really gives a dramatic effect that the scene required.

And now to the last song Dastaan-E-Om Shanti Om. This song really came as a surprise to me.Initially when I heard the song, I thought it was good but didn't listen to it often because I thought there was nothing really special that set it apart, but I was proven wrong when I listened to it just before I left for the theatres. It was then when realized that the song told the whole story of OSO! So when I went to watch the movie this was the song I looked forward to see the most; I was impatient to see how it fitted into the story and hats of to the OSO teams for the setting for the song.

Overall, the music of Om Shanti Om is spectacular; hats of to Vishal and Shekhar!

2. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

Nisha Sweety,
    First, let me tell you that it feels good to see you back here :hug:.

Thank you very much for this beautiful review. It's interesting that you wished to see the movie first before writing your music review.

As for me, I like to imagine how the scenes would be picturized in the movie ( be it any movie) every time I listen to a soudtrack.
    It was the same when I listened to the soudtrack of OSO, before I watched the film.

I also found that each and every song of OSO was pictuzed in a beautiful way, each one of them in a unique way. Farah did a fantastic job there :thumb:.

Just like you, Nisha, I fell in love with " Main Agar Kahoon" the very first time I listened to it.
    Sonu's voice has something special in this song, which I couldn't describe before. Now that I've read your review, I know which word to put on it. You used the right word to describe his voice: " soulful". Everytime I listen to " Main agar kahoon", I really feel like Sonu has sung this sing with his heart, as if he was himself feeling every single word while singing.

Thanks, Nisha Sweety :hug:.

3. Nisha_SRK

Nisha_SRK Ullu-Club-Member

Thanks Kavi didi! :hug: Its good to be back...
    Incidentally, I also tend to listen to songs like you do, I also tend to imagine how the song would be when I listen to it, and whatever previous music reviews I've written are based on my initial thoughts on the songs.. But for OSO, I thought I'd try a different approach to see if my thoughts on the song matched how it was picturized because I already knew I loved them no matter how they were picturized.. The songs (and its picturizations:especially Main Agar Kahoon) are close to my heart.. (I hope I'm making some sense, I'm a bit messed up today! Lack of sleep..)

Sonu has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever listened to.. Don't you feel as if he understands and means every word he's singing? He can make you happy, he can make you cry..., all through the power of his voice.. His singing really is soulful.. Main Agar Kahoon has become my all-time favourite..

4. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

:lol: Yes, you're perfectly making se,se, Nisha Sweety.

As I already said before, I find your approach to the soundrack of OSO very interesting. It didn't take me long either before loving all the songs of OSO :).

And, yes, I agree Sonu has a beautiful voice. Personaly speaking, he's my favourite Hindi singer, along with Udit.
    By the way, I listened to Tamil songs sung by Sonu. I didn't notice a single mistake in his Tamil pronunciation :).

Thanks again, for your review Nisha :kiss: